Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #16
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,315
Rep Power: 12 wisconsin will become famous soon enough
Exploitation of children is scary enough. Child trafficking is worse.
__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #17
dlivery
Registered User
 
dlivery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 0 dlivery is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nazis got heavily involved in breeding and reproduction. Lebensborn. Guess this is a natural evolution of the democrat party. DNC goal is to literally control us cradle to grave.
Baboons have better rights
dlivery is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #18
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,563
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The fact that you cannot see the problem with this says so much about you.........youíve always been a goofy lefty......but come on....

Btw, this is patently racist......cant you see that?
The fact that you think there is a problem says so much about you. None of it good.
__________________
Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #19
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,563
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Washington State to 'Monetize Wombs,' Legalize 'Baby Selling,' Redefine 'Parent'

Washington state is set to legalize commercial surrogacy, a move children's rights advocates say amounts to the selling of babies, bases the definition of a parent on "intent," and opens avenues for child abuse and other horrors.

Just before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning, the Washington state House of Representatives passed the "Uniform Parentage Act," along party lines with every Democrat in favor and every Republican opposed. The bill had previously passed the state Senate with total Democratic support and three Republicans. The state's Democratic governor, Jay Inslee, is expected to sign the legislation.


https://www.christianpost.com/news/w...rce=newsletter

The Left sinks even deeper into the muck and mire of its own miserable existence. They're not content to murder the unborn in the womb by abortion-on-demand. Now, for those who survive existence in the womb, could now face new threats outside the womb if WA state legislators legalize monetizing wombs and women are literally allowed to sell their babies to WHOEVER!

This is really sick stuff...we get the high honor of selling our children like they are cattle.
I'm a guy who goes to church every Sunday. I sing in the choir. But I am embarrassed by the ignorance of you so called Christians. Surrogacy is a way for couples who cannot have children because the mother can not carry the fetus to term to have children that are genetically theirs. The child is not the child of the woman who gives birth because it does not carry any of her genetic material.

In cases where a man provides sperm to a woman and she carries the child to term, the child does have her genetic material. But her giving up that child is no more illegal than a mother giving up her child for adoption. This can occur in a case where a single man wishes to be the father of a child with his genetic make up, but does not wish to be married. Or in the case of two gay men who wish to have children. And By the way, the Supreme Court has said that banning gay marriage is unconstitutional and limiting any facets of marriage for gay couples is also unconstitutional.

There is not a single paragraph. sentence, clause, phrase or word in this new law that says selling babies is legal. The law clarifies the rights of the surrogates and the intended parents. It reinforces the rights of gay couples and single gay persons to be parents.

It does not redefine the term parent; it merely clarifies it in the context of current reality.

Finally, the term Monetizing wombs is nothing more than a cynical attempt to invoke an emotional response. It has no basis in reality.
__________________
Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 AM   #20
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,563
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Exploitation of children is scary enough. Child trafficking is worse.
This is not a new law. It is just a reworking of a law passed in 2002 for the purpose of bringing that law up to date to address changes that have occurred in the intervening fifteen years. Changes like the legalization of gay marriage and advances in medicine.
__________________
Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 01:11 AM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Registered User
 
Lemon Drop Husker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 8,443
Rep Power: 19 Lemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This is not a new law. It is just a reworking of a law passed in 2002 for the purpose of bringing that law up to date to address changes that have occurred in the intervening fifteen years. Changes like the legalization of gay marriage and advances in medicine.

Lemon Drop Husker is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 01:11 AM   #22
jocko699
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cheyenne, Wy
Posts: 1,546
Rep Power: 6 jocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I'm a guy who goes to church every Sunday. I sing in the choir. But I am embarrassed by the ignorance of you so called Christians. Surrogacy is a way for couples who cannot have children because the mother can not carry the fetus to term to have children that are genetically theirs. The child is not the child of the woman who gives birth because it does not carry any of her genetic material.

In cases where a man provides sperm to a woman and she carries the child to term, the child does have her genetic material. But her giving up that child is no more illegal than a mother giving up her child for adoption. This can occur in a case where a single man wishes to be the father of a child with his genetic make up, but does not wish to be married. Or in the case of two gay men who wish to have children. And By the way, the Supreme Court has said that banning gay marriage is unconstitutional and limiting any facets of marriage for gay couples is also unconstitutional.

There is not a single paragraph. sentence, clause, phrase or word in this new law that says selling babies is legal. The law clarifies the rights of the surrogates and the intended parents. It reinforces the rights of gay couples and single gay persons to be parents.

It does not redefine the term parent; it merely clarifies it in the context of current reality.

Finally, the term Monetizing wombs is nothing more than a cynical attempt to invoke an emotional response. It has no basis in reality.
What Catholic church do you go to Mostie? I would love to join you at church.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #23
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,563
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Some surrogates have changed their mind after giving birth, filing lawsuits after being paid. This might not be a bad law.
You get it. Surrogates rights versus Parents rights is one of the issues addressed; along with the rights of gay parents and the rights of the child.
__________________
Proud Possessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 04:18 AM   #24
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,380
Rep Power: 16 Actor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The CP article laid out the potential dangers to the child.
Did it also "lay out the potential dangers" to children conceived and born through conventional means? The world is not a friendly place. Do the children of surrogates face more potential dangers than other children?

I think children born via surrogates are more likely to be wanted than those born of married women with religious objections to birth control.
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 41,756
Rep Power: 67 JustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The fact that you think there is a problem says so much about you. None of it good.
Yep.....Iím the problem........
__________________
DROWNING IN GRAVY!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 33,592
Rep Power: 56 boxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This is not a new law. It is just a reworking of a law passed in 2002 for the purpose of bringing that law up to date to address changes that have occurred in the intervening fifteen years. Changes like the legalization of gay marriage and advances in medicine.
And this is considered "progress" by the progressives, I suppose? And the children are not at risk at all by this "tweak" to an old law?
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #27
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 33,592
Rep Power: 56 boxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Did it also "lay out the potential dangers" to children conceived and born through conventional means? The world is not a friendly place. Do the children of surrogates face more potential dangers than other children?

I think children born via surrogates are more likely to be wanted than those born of married women with religious objections to birth control.
Yeah...what possibly could go wrong? I'm sure those "children born via surrogates" would be "wanted" by all kinds of people.

You know...down here in Swampland during the hurricane season, many of us subscribe to a common sense adage which goes like this: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. When leftist moonbats write laws they should adopt this kind of common sense philosophy by anticipating the consequences of worst case scenarios. What you're totally ideologically blind to is that the leftists are totally oblivious to all the worst situations to which the kids could be potentially exposed, since the law would accord them virtually no protection against sexual deviants or predators.

But in sicko liberal La La Land, it's always all good, isn't it?
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 33,592
Rep Power: 56 boxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to allboxcar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
What Catholic church do you go to Mostie? I would love to join you at church.
Probably one loaded with pedophile priests who are committed to the ministry of helping young altar boys to advance to sexual maturity before their time.
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #29
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 89,569
Rep Power: 117 Tom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
With that many questions, I suggest you do some research
Bazinga!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #30
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 89,569
Rep Power: 117 Tom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud ofTom has much to be proud of
Hey guys, attacking mostie's Church is pretty low.

Attacking HIM and his VIEWs is fair game......
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Reason for drop off...
More computer programs are 'playing' - 18.00%
9 Votes
An unknown or undetectable drug is in use. - 8.00%
4 Votes
Loss of fresh money in pools (only seasoned players left) - 62.00%
31 Votes
Other - 12.00%
6 Votes
Total Votes: 50
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.