Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 02-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Charlie

Question Looking for info about a Book

Written in 1987 by Barry Meadows and titled Professional Harness Betting. I know it sells for ~ $100.00 and am wondering if anyone has any info regarding its handicapping value. I have always wondered if it's a good book. Any info would be appreciated.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
pandy

I haven't seen the book in a long time. It was definitely one of the best harness handicapping books ever written, very thorough. Harness racing has changed a lot since then, however, with more emphasis on early position so some of the book may be dated. But, it is a good book and some things never change so there certainly is pertinent information in it.

I have a harness handicapping book I wrote and published a few years ago, Trotpicks: Modern Harness Handicapping.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
Charlie

Pandy ... thanks for your response. Also, I have already purchased your book, TROTPICKS, and was one of the first to review it on Amazon. I gave it 5 stars as it's a great read. In fact, didn't you say that another harness book would eventually be written? I have been looking forward to it.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
Bogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Written in 1987 by Barry Meadows and titled Professional Harness Betting. I know it sells for ~ $100.00 and am wondering if anyone has any info regarding its handicapping value. I have always wondered if it's a good book. Any info would be appreciated.
I have a copy. I believe the best part of the book is making a line. Not sure if that is something you are interested in pursuing. When I first started playing last year a friend gave me a copy of a book called The Thinking Man's Guide To Success At The Trotters by Ronald Roblin. I thought that book was awesome with tons of great ideas.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 PM   #5
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Pandy ... thanks for your response. Also, I have already purchased your book, TROTPICKS, and was one of the first to review it on Amazon. I gave it 5 stars as it's a great read. In fact, didn't you say that another harness book would eventually be written? I have been looking forward to it.
I haven't been working on it, been working on a thoroughbred project. But thanks for the interest.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
Charlie

Bogo .... also want to thank you for your input. It's appreciated.