Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-25-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Teach

Gulfstream "Rainbow": Thurs., Jan. 25

Let’s face it, we’re all unique. Even identical twins have noticeable personality differences. Nature v. nurture. What am I leading up to…? What am I alluding to…? It’s the fact that if you want to pull down this change-your-life “Rainbow 6," at least before this Sunday, you have to have the only live ticket. Easier said than done. Yet, if I may say, quite self-servingly and even bombastically: “Ignore the picks, below, at your own peril -- even if some seem: 'outlandish'".

Race Six:

To be hummed to the melody of: “If I Were A Rich Man” from the musical, “Fiddler On The Roof”.

“If I were ‘to single’…yubby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dibby, dum…”

Wojtek. Before you say, “Abuelo loco” or “Tu sei pazzo,” “Mishuggenah,” or simply: “You’re nuts!” Hear me out. This Bear’s Kid-bred 3-year colt has a solid turf lineage, i.e., Nureyev “on top”. There’s also Mr. Prospector both “top” and “bottom”. He can “get the distance” (I can’t say that for everyone else in this turf-route field). Yes, he will have to “come from out of the clouds,” but, personally, I think he’s got a shot (the less attention he gets, the better). Further, he is dropping. This colt was a closing 4th at one mile about one month ago as a 9-1 shot. I have the greatest respect for this colt’s trainer, Michelle Nihei; she does very well with second- route races, albeit with a limited sampling. Jockey Carlos Montalvo can get the job done. Others: , , ,

Race Seven:

Woodburn. I like the turf-to-dirt angle. This Stephen Got Even-bred has faced better in recent races. This chestnut gelding was narrowly 2nd two races back in a 7-panels race that was taken off the turf. This First Dude-bred should handle the distance. This is a handy gelding who can either stalk or come from off the pace. Dave Braddy trains (he does well with horses going turf to dirt). Miguel Vasquez is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

So Charming was last seen on the racetrack over 3 months ago at Keeneland in a 65k MSW. This English Channel-bred finished 2nd to a runaway winner. The selling point: Irad Ortiz, Jr. He is one of the best jockeys in the country. I believes he moves this horse up, considerably. Mike Matz is a solid trainer. Frankly, my major concern: Matz’s record with horses that have been on the shelf; it’s not reassuring. Yet, this chestnut filly draws the rail (that’s a plus). She should be closing in deep stretch. She sports a top speed figure. Others: , ,

Race Nine:

Mi Cuaima (Venezuelan colloquial talk for a possessive, jealous women with respect to their partners). Anyway. I believe this Cowtown Cat-bred bay filly has a chance of getting all the enchiladas. The 4-year old threw in “a clunker” in her last back in late November. There’s a chance, today, to make amends. This Distorted Humor-bred has been a most consistent sort. This Broken Vow-bred filly has gate-speed…and plenty of it. If her pilot, the most capable Edgard Zayas -- this Puerto Rican-born jock has already notched his 1,000th win --can put her “on the engine,” it’ll be a case of parceling out her speed. The most capable Oscar M. Gonzalez trains this daughter of Broken Wedding. Gonzalez does reasonably well with horses that have been “on the shelf”. Others: , ,

Race Ten:

Amaluna is my medium-longshot try in this OC route. This A.P. Indy-bred mare fits quite comfortably in this OC field. This Mr. Greeley-bred has run into “a dry spell” in recent starts; yet she’s most capable of turning things around. Her appearance in the GP winner’s circle would not be a surprise. Miguel Vasquez has his feet in the stirrups for trainer Aubrey Maragh. Maragh does reasonably well with horses entered in both routes and dirt starts. Others: , ,

Race Eleven:

Run Blondie Run just missed breaking her maiden against better about 50 days ago back on December 6. In that one, this bay filly went off at slightly higher than 2-1 odds (I expect even lower, today). The filly’s HOF trainer, Bill Mott, is adding blinkers (he does well in that category) to keep this Cape Blanco-bred fixed on her task. The Hall-of-Fame jockey, Johnny V., reprises the ride. Look for this filly to mount a “stalk-and-pounce” trip. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply