Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-31-2017, 06:43 PM   #31
Ocala Mike
Registered User
 
Ocala Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,933
Rep Power: 13 Ocala Mike has a spectacular aura aboutOcala Mike has a spectacular aura aboutOcala Mike has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post

Most would consider his military career less than remarkable

Well, of course, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny like Cadet Trump's career at that military academy where he learned enough military science to be able to know more than every general officer.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #32
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,486
Rep Power: 19 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Whatever. He and Romney both refused to recognize Trump as a valid candidate, trashing him in the process. They as well as hung their support with Hillary in doing so.
I know no have an ounce of respect for either, and yes both are traitors to their party. Fake news, bullshit, or whatever you call it they deserve it for being complete unreliable assholes.
If one were to look at Republicanism from 1980-2012 and it's platform. Trump doesn't fit it. Which would also explain why he was a registered democrat for most of his adult life.

I didn't abstain from voting for Trump because I'm a liberal or Hillary supporter. I did it because I disagree with his populist big government solution to problems, his views on trade and commerce, and his naivete on certain foreign policy issues. Romney and McCain are the same way.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 08:44 PM   #33
Clocker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,358
Rep Power: 21 Clocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I did it because I disagree with his populist big government solution to problems
This is why I voted for neither in 2016. Both ran on the platform that their version of government was the solution to our problems. As Reagan said, and found out he couldn't fix it, government isn't the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations. -- Dirty Harry
Clocker is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 11:40 PM   #34
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,915
Rep Power: 20 fast4522 will become famous soon enoughfast4522 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
If one were to look at Republicanism from 1980-2012 and it's platform. Trump doesn't fit it. Which would also explain why he was a registered democrat for most of his adult life.

I didn't abstain from voting for Trump because I'm a liberal or Hillary supporter. I did it because I disagree with his populist big government solution to problems, his views on trade and commerce, and his naivete on certain foreign policy issues. Romney and McCain are the same way.
The platform means zero, absolutely nothing when the powerful get entrenched and cut deals to screw the middle class. Face up to the fact that it is only about picking winners and losers. If more of the middle class fall into the winners category but you get screwed it becomes your turn. It is all about the many and not the few, say what ever you like but jobs for the many outweigh the stupid bullshit of the last twenty years.
__________________
Make America Great Again!
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #35
Marshall Bennett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston , Tx.
Posts: 6,654
Rep Power: 18 Marshall Bennett will become famous soon enoughMarshall Bennett will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The platform means zero, absolutely nothing when the powerful get entrenched and cut deals to screw the middle class. Face up to the fact that it is only about picking winners and losers. If more of the middle class fall into the winners category but you get screwed it becomes your turn. It is all about the many and not the few, say what ever you like but jobs for the many outweigh the stupid bullshit of the last twenty years.
You pretty much nailed it. Also puts a crimp on what's open for discussion. A great military career doesn't equate to great leadership. Much has to do with how you feel about the man as an individual. My contention is that he denounced Trump therefore was a friend of Hillary. Its as simple as that. But yes, at the end of the day does it really matter? He got elected anyway so I'm happy at day's end.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #36
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,486
Rep Power: 19 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The platform means zero, absolutely nothing when the powerful get entrenched and cut deals to screw the middle class. Face up to the fact that it is only about picking winners and losers. If more of the middle class fall into the winners category but you get screwed it becomes your turn. It is all about the many and not the few, say what ever you like but jobs for the many outweigh the stupid bullshit of the last twenty years.
I'm for smaller less economically intrusive government.

I'm for open trade, markets, and mobility.

I'm for a realpolitik and pragmatic approach to foreign policy.

Trump doesn't espouse those beliefs so he isn't the candidate for me and a lot of other GOP voters/officials. He does some things I agree with but on 70-80% of the issues he has presented an opinion I disagree with. Like I said, it's no surprise, he was a Democrat most his life.

You are attempting to portray this as some recent classist struggle. There has always been class struggles and there always will be. Trump is merely a reactionary outcome from the group that's used to being in control of America feeling like it's been on the short end for a bit. Hence, populist movement.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-01-2018 at 11:57 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #37
Fager Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,595
Rep Power: 14 Fager Fan has a spectacular aura aboutFager Fan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Why are you mocking a man who’s in the last stages of dying of brain cancer?

WTF is wrong with you?
If that was true, why's he still in the Senate?

Death comes for us all. It doesn't make us immune from criticism of our mistakes or our sins leading up to it.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #38
FantasticDan
gelding
 
FantasticDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,510
Rep Power: 15 FantasticDan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
If that was true, why's he still in the Senate?
Why are you asking me? Is there some requirement that members of Congress who are battling terminal illnesses have to resign?

Quote:
Death comes for us all. It doesn't make us immune from criticism of our mistakes or our sins leading up to it.
Except there wasn't any "criticism", just cold-hearted mockery. And it should also be noted that much of the criticism that came later in this turd of a thread were shown to have as much basis in fact as Santa Claus.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #39
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,915
Rep Power: 20 fast4522 will become famous soon enoughfast4522 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm for smaller less economically intrusive government.
I'm for open trade, markets, and mobility.
I'm for a realpolitik and pragmatic approach to foreign policy.

Trump doesn't espouse those beliefs so he isn't the candidate for me and a lot of other GOP voters/officials. He does some things I agree with but on 70-80% of the issues he has presented an opinion I disagree with. Like I said, it's no surprise, he was a Democrat most his life.

You are attempting to portray this as some recent classist struggle. There has always been class struggles and there always will be. Trump is merely a reactionary outcome from the group that's used to being in control of America feeling like it's been on the short end for a bit. Hence, populist movement.
You have to get over yourself, the vast majority want jobs in this country. Most people would prefer a $1000 tariff on BMW, Volvo, Mercedes and the whole lot of cars made outside these United States. Most feel anyone who can afford a $ 70K car can certainly pay more. Times have changed and the voting majority has changed with the times. I am not saying that I always espoused this, but I am saying it hollowed out jobs inside America. Others can play with currency and manipulate those who sell inside their country favorably, the same will occur here. Much of what you and others hear and negatively espouse against is just the start of what is something that is living that none of us actually know what the final deal will be. It is living because it is being formulated to new working policy. The Democrat of JFK is almost dead as a door nail, today's Democrat are closer to communist and socialist than they are anything else. Their goal is to spend it before it gets printed. Facts are Trump was a JFK type Democrat for most of his life, JFK was more of a capitalist than any Democrat can claim to be.

I fully expect you to maintain your track record being wrong and pissed for a number of years, heck I was pissed all eight years of that jackal who is writing books now.
__________________
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by fast4522; 01-01-2018 at 08:27 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #40
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,486
Rep Power: 19 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
...
I don't know what point your even trying to make other than talk shit. All I did was explain why I didnt vote for Trump and why lots of conservatives didn't. Repeating Trump's platform doesn't change that I disagree with it. I know why you voted for him and didn't need the that post to explain it.

We disagree.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-01-2018 at 09:17 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #41
Afleet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 756
Rep Power: 5 Afleet will become famous soon enoughAfleet will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I don't think a lot of thinking goes on in Arizona.....just look at who they keep electing!
there is a special place in hell for mcstain
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #42
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,915
Rep Power: 20 fast4522 will become famous soon enoughfast4522 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't know what point your even trying to make other than talk shit. All I did was explain why I didnt vote for Trump and why lots of conservatives didn't. Repeating Trump's platform doesn't change that I disagree with it. I know why you voted for him and didn't need the that post to explain it.

We disagree.
You can NOT get elected on those points you mentioned anymore, that dog will no longer hunt. Things have changed. The new tax reform has been signed into law and China is leading the charge to counter it, Europe is shitting bricks because of our new tax structure. Do not pretend things can go back to what you like, not going to happen.
__________________
Make America Great Again!
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #43
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,486
Rep Power: 19 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You can NOT get elected on those points you mentioned anymore, that dog will no longer hunt. Things have changed. The new tax reform has been signed into law and China is leading the charge to counter it, Europe is shitting bricks because of our new tax structure. Do not pretend things can go back to what you like, not going to happen.
Why do China or Europe give a shit what I pay in taxes?

Source?

Smaller government, more economic freedom, and realpolitik are out the window now?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-01-2018 at 11:41 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #44
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,915
Rep Power: 20 fast4522 will become famous soon enoughfast4522 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Why do China or Europe give a shit what I pay in taxes?

Source?

Smaller government, more economic freedom, and realpolitik are out the window now?


https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/...r-us-tax-cuts/
__________________
Make America Great Again!
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #45
Fager Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,595
Rep Power: 14 Fager Fan has a spectacular aura aboutFager Fan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Why are you asking me? Is there some requirement that members of Congress who are battling terminal illnesses have to resign?
You're the one who said he's in the last stages of dying of brain cancer. If he is, then damn straight he should resign. Even if he doesn't think he owes it to his family to spend that time with them, he owes it to the country to resign.

Quote:
Except there wasn't any "criticism", just cold-hearted mockery. And it should also be noted that much of the criticism that came later in this turd of a thread were shown to have as much basis in fact as Santa Claus.
Just because McCain was a POW doesn't make him off limits from criticism, nor does him being ill.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What Will Sports Betting offered at Tracks/via ADW do to your play?
I will bet a lot more sports, less racing - 15.32%
17 Votes
I will bet some sports, but racing is number one to me - 30.63%
34 Votes
It won't affect my play at all - 54.05%
60 Votes
Total Votes: 111
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.