Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, December 23

Merry Christmas!

Race One:

ADIRONDACK DANCER. This longshot try moves up here on a wet track and a class drop. Trainer Jim Bond – “Take care of the horse, the horse will take care of you” – is having an outstanding “Big A” meet. This Posse-bred gelding is cutting back one panel – that too should help. So too should this 4-year old’s outside starting post. This gelding just missed at Aqueduct about a year ago at this same 7-panels distance -- on a muddy track. Joshua Navarro is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Two:

BAREFOOT ANGEL. This 3-year old Pomeroy-bred chestnut gelding adds both Lasix and blinkers. That may just do the trick. You can add an outside starting post and the services of both jockey Manny Franco and trainer Charley Baker. Yes, this Boundary-bred hasn’t raced in over two months; yet Baker does well in that category. I guess, quite frankly, my only major concern is that this gelding is stretching out. I’m worried that 6-and-one half panels might just be: “A Bridge Too Far”. It’ll be up to Franco to both ration out this gelding’s speed/endurance and time his winning move. Others: , ,

Race Three:

LADY SUEBEE. In her only start this First Defence-bred bay filly finished second to a runaway winner, Danyelli. Fast forward: one month. This 2-year old Unbridled’s Song-bred faces no better than she faced when she finished 2nd in the same MSW company. She draws outside: I like. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons: I like. “Mechanicsville Chad” Brown trains: I like. Her chances of winning: I Like, I Like…That’s You (Lady Suebee), That’s You. Others: , ,

Race Four: (The Start of the 25k Carryover Pick 6)

BLEWITT. In my opinion, in this state-bred allowance route, n1x, this this 3-year old Uncle Mo-bred colt stands out like the proverbial “sore thumb”. I believe this 3-year old moves up, way up…on a wet track. This colts connections are impeccable: Owners: Repole Stables; Trainer: Todd Pletcher, and Jockey: Irad Ortiz, Jr. This Indian Charlie-bred is stretching out an extra; that should be no problem. My only caveat: Don’t expect much in return at “the windows” or from your ADW. Others: , , /

Race Five:

GIFT BOX. This 4-year old grey ridgling should move up on a wet track. In his two previous wet-track tries he won one and finished second in the other. This Candy Ride-bred has been “the best man” in his last two second-place finishes against similar company. I believe today’s wet “Back A’ surface should this riddling over the top and into the winner’s circle. Oh, this horse does add blinkers (his trainer, Chad Brown, does well in that category) and he sports a solid recent 4-panels morning work. Javier Castellano is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Six:

EQUAL THE SCORE. This 2-year old grey gelding was claimed out of her last by “Beto” Diodoro for the Goldfarbs et al. This gelding was second in his last in this same state-breed company. He went off at 7-to-2. Although Sky Mesa-bred now moves up to try MSWs, I believe he’s equal to the occasion. He certainly moves up on a wet surface. I should mention that trainer Diodoro does extremely with horses making their first start off a claim. “Double-A,” Angel Arroyo has his feet in the stirrups. Others: , ,

Race Seven:

THREEFIVEINDIA. In this 100K 6-panels non-graded Gravesend Stakes, I believe this 4-year old colt has a solid chance. I believe what impressed me most was his second-place finish in the Grade III Fall Highweight about one-month ago. He got caught add the end of that one by Stallwalkin; Dude. No Stalkwalkin’ Dude here, today. I believe this colt can handle the rest of these. Chad Brown trains. He does very well with horses entered in non-graded stakes. Javier Castellano reprises the ride. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

SECURITIZ. In today’s 9-panels Queens County Stakes, I believe this Tiznow-bred 5-year old horse has a good shot of winning. Yes, this horse did little in a non-graded stakes at Laurel about a month and a-half ago, but he did, in that one, make a late closing move. I believe he moves up here on a muddy (sealed) Aqueduct main. Case in point: in his two previous wet-track ties he finished first and second. Jimmy Jerkens – he does well with horses making their 2nd start off a layoff – is this A.P. Indy-bred’s trainer. Martin Garcia is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Nine:

DA WILCAT GIRL. As Cole Porter might have said, “Its ‘De-LOVELY’, It’s Da Wild Cat Girl”. Anything Goes. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t recommend this 6-year old Da Stoops-bred mare, but on a wet surface; well, I believe she most definitely moves up. Trainer Mitch Friedman – with a limited number of entrants – is doing well (two winners from 11 starters). Oh, there’s a class-drop and a 3-panels “bullet” work. Joshua Navarro is in the irons. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: