Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
jocko699
Resurrectionist

DeShaun Watson

Terrible, terrible news. A great athlete and potentially one of the best QBs in a long time out for the season.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
garyscpa

Yep, he was the most entertaining QB to watch this year.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
Yep, he was the most entertaining QB to watch this year.
Reminded me of Randall Cunningham. Hope he comes back full strength.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:35 AM   #4
Valuist

RG3 was tremendous in 2012. Fantastic TD/INT ratio, big running threat. But it's one thing to be able to put up big passing numbers when the defense fears the QB may run. But get injured and take away the running threat? RG3 isn't even in the league anymore. Hopefully Watson won't be RG3 2.0.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #5
buzzy

Terrible news....I think he’s for real. You don’t waltz into Seattle as a rookie and throw up 38 Pts. He’s throwing to who I think is the best receiver in nfl, deandre Hopkins and I’m sure that helps, but just look at how that offense blossomed when he qb’d.. I wish him full recovery
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
ElKabong

Sad to hear about this, I posted when he was drafted that he'd be good on Sundays given the right situation. Id have traded Dak Prescott for Watson on draft night if I were Jerry....
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
RG3 was tremendous in 2012. Fantastic TD/INT ratio, big running threat. But it's one thing to be able to put up big passing numbers when the defense fears the QB may run. But get injured and take away the running threat? RG3 isn't even in the league anymore. Hopefully Watson won't be RG3 2.0.
So true.

If you want a #1 Draft Pick type of guy to be a dual threat, you have to save the 'dual' stuff for the playoffs.

Yes, Watson blew out the knee on a non-contact play in practice, but he did so running around, and this was a re-injury due to his workload in college.

If you want a true dual threat offense (and this really only would apply to the handful of worst NFL teams), you have to have 3 disposable athletes that you are willing to use hard, and aren't crippled if they go down...
The problem with using a dual-qb-by-committee strategy is that the NFL is a franchise business. The QB is the Big Mac. It's all set up with endorsements and contracts... To buck that trend really takes individuality and creativity. Not every owner or GM team is up to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategy rant
If a team were to truly commit to a dual-qb-by-committee strategy it could be interesting. Teams could build differently (No need for a billion dollar Left Tackle to protect the blindside, in fact, slightly different lineman in general, No need for a billion dollar WR1 to catch a 100 balls, Obviously no need for a billion dollar QB1 -----> all that cash could go to Defense).
Wouldn't be as good as an elite passing offense team, but it could be a wildcard type of team with an elite D.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: