Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #46
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
And what does the above have to do with the price of tea anywhere in the world? Nothing. Have I been calling for an investigation to stop?

Believe it or not there is a code of legal ethics, which calls for recusal just for the appearance of impropriety. There is certainly the appearance of impropriety. If the report of an obstruction case is true, it is an actual conflict of interest by the special counsel.

Either way after Comey's testimony and especially in light of the Post's story, Mueller needs to resign.
I disagree that there is any appearance of impropriety.

I think the Trump media you read is doing every thing it can to convince it's consumers that the very idea of a special prosecutor is somehow evidence of a vast deep state conspiracy.

I'm just trying to get you to digest that a sitting President telling a national audience that he fired an FBI director because he didn't like him allowing his underlings to continue an investigation was unwise.

On many levels.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #47
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
All these people working in all these alphabet intelligence agencies that hate Trump, apparently...with all this technology at their disposal...why don't they just whip up some evidence of obstruction or collusion and be done with Trump already...we all know this is going to happen one way or another, so let them just create the smoking gun out of thin air and be done with it all already.

They screwed up by not rigging the election in the first place (because nobody could conceive of Trump winning, so they thought, hey, why bother with all that unnecessary work?)...so they are going to right that wrong and simply manufacture evidence using technology the common man hasn't even dreamed of yet...this is the way it has to end.
Yeah. It's either this or your entire model is wrong.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 53,562
Rep Power: 78 PaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Yeah. It's either this or your entire model is wrong.
Could say the same to some people on here who keep insisting there was collusion or obstruction with zero evidence found thus far on either tab, despite months and months and months of looking.

I'm sure damning concrete evidence will appear soon enough...in fact, I can practically guarantee it...

They learned their lesson the first time with Trump.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #49
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Could say the same to some people on here who keep insisting there was collusion or obstruction with zero evidence found thus far on either tab, despite months and months and months of looking.

I'm sure damning concrete evidence will appear soon enough...in fact, I can practically guarantee it...

They learned their lesson the first time with Trump.
Since I'm not one of those, I'll let you carry that ball.

I've been as clear as I think I can that although Russia clearly tried to cripple the Clinton campaign, it would have been the height of stupidity for anyone close to Trump to have cooperated in that effort. I'd share your shock at any actual evidence it occurred.

That doesn't change that fact that your hero has acted incredibly stupidly since assuming office for someone with nothing to hide.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #50
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru
 
Show Me the Wire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,432
Rep Power: 28 Show Me the Wire has a spectacular aura aboutShow Me the Wire has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I disagree that there is any appearance of impropriety.

I think the Trump media you read is doing every thing it can to convince it's consumers that the very idea of a special prosecutor is somehow evidence of a vast deep state conspiracy.

I'm just trying to get you to digest that a sitting President telling a national audience that he fired an FBI director because he didn't like him allowing his underlings to continue an investigation was unwise.

On many levels.
You may disagree. Again what is the point of your argument about the vast deep state conspiracy?

This thread was started based on ethics lawyers have to follow. Again, if there is an appearance of impropriety the lawyer must recuse himself. Comey's testimony established there is, at the very least, an appearance of impropriety.
__________________
When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything. G.K. Chesterton

To doubt is the greatest insult to the Divinity. Padre Pio, mystic

Why does our human frailty hesitate to believe that mankind will one day live with God? St. Augustine

Quidquid recipitur est recipitur. St. Thomas Aquinas
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 53,562
Rep Power: 78 PaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
That doesn't change that fact that your hero has acted incredibly stupidly since assuming office for someone with nothing to hide.
Thanks for that...my hero...even though he most certainly is not.

And I haven't actually seen any proof that Russia was behind the Wikileaks dumps...have you? Sure, a lot of these alphabet agencies claim it, but have they shown anyone any proof?

Did Russia stop by and wave on the way from DNC headquarters to Sweden? Or maybe some IP addresses trace back to Russia...we all know how concrete that type of evidence is...nobody has ever used a fake IP address when surfing the internet...

I don't think it can be proven, concretely, which is why we haven't been shown any proof.

Maybe the intelligence agencies CAN'T manufacture evidence after all. Maybe Trump will escape this entire mess legitimately...who knows.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #52
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Thanks for that...my hero...even though he most certainly is not.

And I haven't actually seen any proof that Russia was behind the Wikileaks dumps...have you? Sure, a lot of these alphabet agencies claim it, but have they shown anyone any proof?

Did Russia stop by and wave on the way from DNC headquarters to Sweden? Or maybe some IP addresses trace back to Russia...we all know how concrete that type of evidence is...nobody has ever used a fake IP address when surfing the internet...

I don't think it can be proven, concretely, which is why we haven't been shown any proof.

Maybe the intelligence agencies CAN'T manufacture evidence after all. Maybe Trump will escape this entire mess legitimately...who knows.
Putin admitted that it was possible non-governmental "Patriotic Russians" were involved.

Other than that, you are spot on the GRU talking points.

Congrats on being a useful tool.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Last edited by _______; 06-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 53,562
Rep Power: 78 PaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Other than that, you are spot on the GRU talking points.

Congrats on being a useful tool.
Your debate skills are stellar. Don't bother next time. It's the same ol' shit every few weeks you pop up here anyway.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #54
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Your debate skills are stellar. Don't bother next time. It's the same ol' shit every few weeks you pop up here anyway.
I can't help that I have a lower tolerance for our President's self inflicted wounds or his acolyte's excuses than you.

I understand that most here don't want to discuss the stupidity of admitting on national TV that your reasoning for an action was something that could easily be interpreted as obstruction of justice.

But, with your grace, I will still occasionally pop in.

Particularly when someone tries to spin what is an obvious next step as somehow nefarious.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 53,562
Rep Power: 78 PaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to beholdPaceAdvantage is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I understand that most here don't want to discuss the stupidity of admitting on national TV that your reasoning for an action was something that could easily be interpreted as obstruction of justice.
People are free to interpret it any way they please. What can't happen is him being prosecuted and convicted on that charge because there is no way that will ever happen...thus time to look under another rock.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #56
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
People are free to interpret it any way they please. What can't happen is him being prosecuted and convicted on that charge because there is no way that will ever happen...thus time to look under another rock.
You understand that you can obstruct justice without having committed any underlying crime, right?

It's a tough crime to prove but still one that you shouldn't be trolling for on national TV.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #57
reckless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: near Philadelphia
Posts: 3,608
Rep Power: 21 reckless has a spectacular aura aboutreckless has a spectacular aura aboutreckless has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Since I'm not one of those, I'll let you carry that ball.

I've been as clear as I think I can that although Russia clearly tried to cripple the Clinton campaign, it would have been the height of stupidity for anyone close to Trump to have cooperated in that effort. I'd share your shock at any actual evidence it occurred.

That doesn't change that fact that your hero has acted incredibly stupidly since assuming office for someone with nothing to hide.
You keep implying that the Trump team knew of 'Russia' influence and you suggest they would have been stupid to have cooperated with them. If they knew or not is not the point and if they knew, as everyone claims, then the Democrats knew too and how come Comey, Lynch, Brennan, Clapper and Obama didn't do a single thing about it?

They didn't because the 'Russians' had nothing to do with the US election of 2016. If anyone tried to wrongfully interfere with the election it was Loretta Lynch, Jim Comey and Obama.

Now, how has Trump acted 'stupidly' since Jan. 20, 2017??

If you read any legit web sites or newspapers, and not the ridiculed and partisan alt-left sites, you'd learn of the dozens of accomplishments Trump has done since election day. But reality and truth have little bearing to the progressives and Democrats, now do they?

Trump has nothing to hide but you guys criticise him because he will not play your game ... like, being a coward who will surrender --just like most Republicans have done since Reagan-- when accused of anything by the Democrats and their partners in crime, the media.

Once more, Trump should fire the interim Atty General, the corrupt and compromised Special Counsel and have all investigations in the Senate and House stop immediately.

This is a witch hunt and an attempt to overthrow the government of a legitimately elected president without just cause.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #58
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
The part of this I agree with is that Russia had nothing to do with the result.

I've never dismissed the legitimacy of the election. Donald Trump is the constitutionally elected President of the United States.

Where I disagree is that he has done nothing stupid since the election.

If he wanted to accomplish the goals outlined in his campaign, he has done multiple things that work against them. Part of the problem is the hyper vigilance of not being seen as a coward. He keeps leading with his chin because that is what his base wants. Or just who he is.

The ability to admit error might not be in his DNA.

You cheer that. It makes me worry.
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 PM   #59
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,911
Rep Power: 20 fast4522 will become famous soon enoughfast4522 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
The part of this I agree with is that Russia had nothing to do with the result.

I've never dismissed the legitimacy of the election. Donald Trump is the constitutionally elected President of the United States.

Where I disagree is that he has done nothing stupid since the election.

If he wanted to accomplish the goals outlined in his campaign, he has done multiple things that work against them. Part of the problem is the hyper vigilance of not being seen as a coward. He keeps leading with his chin because that is what his base wants. Or just who he is.

The ability to admit error might not be in his DNA.

You cheer that. It makes me worry.
I will field this one:

President Trump's base is roughly 1/2 of this country, what you like means shit.
People think it matters what they like, nothing is further from the truth than what they like. Issues not in a particular order :

A.) Terrorism, do significantly better than Obama did.
B.) Get the 170 million number of insured by workplace increased to 200 million by means of JOBS.
C.) Scratch the ACA from our books.
D.) Have something to replace the ACA that has NO mandates on workplace insurance, sever all ties.
E.) Improve things across the board for our veterans, whatever refugees get in services should be LESS than our veterans period.

I could go on and on but everyone gets the ideas.
__________________
Make America Great Again!
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #60
_______
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 0 _______ can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I will field this one:

President Trump's base is roughly 1/2 of this country, what you like means shit.
People think it matters what they like, nothing is further from the truth than what they like. Issues not in a particular order :

A.) Terrorism, do significantly better than Obama did.
B.) Get the 170 million number of insured by workplace increased to 200 million by means of JOBS.
C.) Scratch the ACA from our books.
D.) Have something to replace the ACA that has NO mandates on workplace insurance, sever all ties.
E.) Improve things across the board for our veterans, whatever refugees get in services should be LESS than our veterans period.

I could go on and on but everyone gets the ideas.
This is an excellent response to someone, somewhere.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
__________________
If, after I leave this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What Will Sports Betting offered at Tracks/via ADW do to your play?
I will bet a lot more sports, less racing - 15.32%
17 Votes
I will bet some sports, but racing is number one to me - 30.63%
34 Votes
It won't affect my play at all - 54.05%
60 Votes
Total Votes: 111
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.