Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

and it's on to the Preakness...

Good for Todd Pletcher always thought he was the type of trainer we would blink and he would have multiple derby wins. Always Dreaming is the type of horse that will win the Preakness setting is up for a fun Belmont.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Good for Todd Pletcher always thought he was the type of trainer we would blink and he would have multiple derby wins. Always Dreaming is the type of horse that will win the Preakness setting is up for a fun Belmont.
That race was so boring. It felt like I was watching an Aqueduct Inner Route race where there was a gold rail. My first thought after the derby was that the Conquest MO Money team had to be sick they didn't supplement there horse bc with the inside bias I think they would have gotten to the front and never looked back. I hope Conquest MO Money heads to Baltimore ...
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
Gerard02

Classic Empire got bumped and shuffled back at the start. Made up lots of ground. I'll give him another shot, if he goes to the Preakness.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
Classic Empire got bumped and shuffled back at the start. Made up lots of ground. I'll give him another shot, if he goes to the Preakness.
I am with you on Classic Empire. Always Dreaming got an ideal trip, I will attempt to beat him in the Preakness.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I am with you on Classic Empire. Always Dreaming got an ideal trip, I will attempt to beat him in the Preakness.
Always Dreaming made his own great trip tho by breaking great and putting himself in perfect position.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Always Dreaming made his own great trip tho by breaking great and putting himself in perfect position.
.......and that's why I said I liked him. That horse does not need the lead, he just has to be close. With the point system there are really no sprinter, pretenders in this race. The pace scenario used to set up the crazy results but the race has been way more logical with 5 logical winners in a row. Horses like this avoid the "cluster fck" by being near the lead. I think Orb was the only one to come from the clouds so being tactical is a huge advantage in this race.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
PowerUpPaynter

I'll be the first to say it..... Can the FAVORITE really win 6 years in a row?
Old 05-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
Gerard02

I agree. Always Dreaming won his race. As I said, both he and Classic Empire came up on the list just a couple of points apart. One got his race. The other took it on the chin, but managed a courageous stretch drive. It will be some Preakness to watch.

Now, according to Sbcaris' Handicapping the Triple Crown, none of the horses from the Derby qualify on his first rule. Always Dreaming finished his last 1/4 in 26.72. I dont know if I should fall back on their Big 6 prep finishes, or just go with Always Dreaming and Classic Empire, if he runs.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
PowerUpPaynter

Old 05-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #10
n.c

Classic E should just skip the Preakness

nothing to gain. Rested CE vs AD at the Belmont.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #11
PowerUpPaynter

Going to be tough to make money on the Preakness. AD is perfect style for easy Preakness win. Wonder if Pletcher still enters Malagacy? Maybe Cloud Computing at a price underneath... Very early
Old 05-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #12
handyman1968

Classic Empire made that long sustained run. Which is what I look for in a Belmont horse. Same with Reach The World. These are the 2 horses I'm looking for to take down AD if he runs the Belmont assuming a TC is on the line.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #13
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968 View Post
Classic Empire made that long sustained run. Which is what I look for in a Belmont horse. Same with Reach The World. These are the 2 horses I'm looking for to take down AD if he runs the Belmont assuming a TC is on the line.
Sorry bud but Reach The World was put down after training injury. Rip big guy
Old 05-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #14
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968 View Post
Sadly, Reach The World was euthanized after a bad break during training. I agree with Classic Empire aside from his dosage is is not favorable for the Belmont. Always Dreaming in same boat. Hopefully AD wins the Preakness which could set up a bomb throwing event in the Belmont.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #15
forced89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
Agree!
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply