Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
sam i am

fun derby stats

Last race Bris speed figure 95 or less:
Mine that Bird last 20 years 1/130
eliminates from win: Gunnevera/Looking at lucky/Sonneteer/J Boy echo

Last race Bris Speed figure plus 11+ from previous race: 0-52
eliminates from win: Irish War Cry/Always Dreaming/Hence

Quirin Speed Points of 0 or 1 (0-77) or speed points of 8 (1-55) last 20 years
eliminates from the win: Girvin (1) Irish War Cry (8) Gunnevera (1) Hence (1)
Looking at Lee (0)

you can thank Derek Simon for these....

David
sam i am is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
PowerUpPaynter

so your saying RELEASE THE MCCRAKEN!!!!

PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
Julz

I don't think you can eliminate Gunnevera. He has a powerful turn of foot, a projected fast pace according to timeform and he already made the derby before the Florida derby. In addition I believe he was in the 11 or 12 hole, and as of the date of the Florida derby posts 9 through 12 had only 3 wins in 122 starts. He was in a meaningless race in an impossible position. Also, Javier pulled him hard left and directly hit the rail, based off an article from Steve Haskin at bloodhorse. Despite all of this he still came home the fastest 3/8ths of all derby contenders at 36 1/5. His final 1/8 was 12 /15 and he ran the last 5 furlongs in 58 seconds. Very very impressive. He very well may not win. He could finish last. My only point is he cannot be completely tossed because of his last race. Best of luck.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #4
Bennie

One must remember that many of these "knocks" that handicappers use are basically for horses not "winning" the Derby. Never toss any horse completely out of the race if you believe it has a chance to hit the board.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Horses who have never ran in May of their 3YO season have never won the Kentucky Derby dating back to 1901.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #6
señorclipclop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Horses who have never ran in May of their 3YO season have never won the Kentucky Derby dating back to 1901.
Post 23 is winless, while posts 1-20 have won 100% of the races.
señorclipclop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 12:16 AM   #7
señorclipclop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
I don't think you can eliminate Gunnevera. He has a powerful turn of foot, a projected fast pace according to timeform and he already made the derby before the Florida derby. In addition I believe he was in the 11 or 12 hole, and as of the date of the Florida derby posts 9 through 12 had only 3 wins in 122 starts. He was in a meaningless race in an impossible position. Also, Javier pulled him hard left and directly hit the rail, based off an article from Steve Haskin at bloodhorse. Despite all of this he still came home the fastest 3/8ths of all derby contenders at 36 1/5. His final 1/8 was 12 /15 and he ran the last 5 furlongs in 58 seconds. Very very impressive. He very well may not win. He could finish last. My only point is he cannot be completely tossed because of his last race. Best of luck.
Gunnevera only ran 9 ft farther than AD, about one length. I like both of them in the Derby.
señorclipclop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #8
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by señorclipclop View Post
No favorite has ever won from the 19 hole.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
Andrick

If you use enough angles like these ones plus a few others you'll find yourself eliminating the whole field and come to the determination that nobody is going to win the Derby this year.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #10
Julz

I like them both as well. I kind of get that it was only 9 feet, but the issue was the way caste llano yanked him left directly to the rail. By the time he got there and started, the field was gone and the race was over. Watched the replay a few times and still have no clue what he was thinking. Possibly short distance from the gate to the first turn and he didn't want to get caught wide.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #11
Longshot

(1) 16 of the last 17 Derby winners ran a 93 Beyer or higher in their last race before the Derby.
(2) 15 of 17 winners ran 1st or 2nd in their last race before the Derby
(3) 15 of 17 winners total finish for their last two race was 5 or less.
(4) 15 of 17 winners ran a 38.15 second or faster final 3/8 in their last race
(5) 15 of 17 winners had an average of 94 Beyer or greater for their last two races
(6) 14 of 17 winners had between 5 and 7 lifetime races
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #12
yankeelpn

Quote:
I like Gunnervera, but....he still seems lethargic on the track.
yankeelpn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #13
Julz

I have a sneaking suspicion the trainer knows what he has and is hiding him. His two works before Churchill were 5 furlongs in 1:00 and change and 1:01, which is fine. He was done his major works before church, so it's only maintenance this week. He was soundly beaten in the Florida derby but came home strong. He's had 5 weeks of rest. I'm not worried. Think he will be fine.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #14
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by señorclipclop View Post
Angle of the century right there.
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #15
yankeelpn

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion the trainer knows what he has and is hiding him. His two works before Churchill were 5 furlongs in 1:00 and change and 1:01, which is fine. He was done his major works before church, so it's only maintenance this week. He was soundly beaten in the Florida derby but came home strong. He's had 5 weeks of rest. I'm not worried. Think he will be fine.
Its not the works Im worried about, its the way he looks appears tired and just has that blah look to him.
yankeelpn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply