Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
kingfin66
Bombardier

Sean Spicer says stupid things

Okay, this guy has hit a new low when it comes to comments by a Press Secretary. I actually don't think malice was intended, but Spicer needs to have at least a little bit of awareness about the comments he makes and the impacts on groups that he insults, including our allies in Israel. In short, more should be expected of a Press Secretary. To his credit, he tried to clarify his comments, and he has apologized. Is it enough?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e7c9717d829b
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He didn't insult anybody and his point was valid, but he expressed it poorly. I see a ton of people online equating gas chambers with field grade chemical weapons. He was drawing distinction between those two uses.

I have even seen some say Hitler sprayed the enemy from planes. Inartful, yes. Insulting, only if you're a liberal trying to make Trump look bad.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
Greyfox

Sean Spicer is a target of CNN and other MSM.
They parse and twist his words beyond belief.
The man is doing a good job and the media jump on every twitch he makes.
Trump has a good man representing him. It's just that simple.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #4
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Sean Spicer is a target of CNN and other MSM.
They parse and twist his words beyond belief.
The man is doing a good job and the media jump on every twitch he makes.
Trump has a good man representing him. It's just that simple.
Of course, it's not that simple but I agree he was nailed today for something obviously unintentional.

Sean has an impossible job because it's impossible to defend his boss on a daily basis.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Assad would be Hitler in other times and other circumstances.
He must die. End of story.

Right after we make a batch of cold Kim Chi of out that little Korean puke.

Spicer is like a 1st grade teacher dealing with the moronic press every day.

But he has yet to say anything close to the stupid BS from Maxine baby or Nancy-Boo, the party stalwarts.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #6
kingfin66
Bombardier

Tom, Maxine and Nancy have nothing to do with what he said today, so I don't understand why you are bringing them into this. My post is about what Sean said today.

Greyfox, how can you say that MSNBC or anybody else twisted his words? His words were there for all to see. No parsing needed.

NJ Stinks, I agree that his job is difficult. I think that he does do what he can to carry on the President's message no matter how ridiculous it makes him appear to be. I'm not sure that is what happened today.

Ralph, it seemed that our Israeli allies were quite insulted.

It is interesting to me that Spicer himself felt compelled to apologize, but the administration apologists here at PA want to defend him.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 AM   #7
fast4522

Sean Spicer says stupid things.

I say stupid things, some of us do that when a nerve is hit.
Sean Spicer has one more strike before he is out.

Some folks have to grow up and realize that this country has bigger fish to fry than to acquiesce those who are in a state of shock.

When a do nothing pot smoking community organizer is making bad foreign policy decisions over and over we can engage is such postings, today we have a President fighting the good fight perhaps we might be more reserved. Then when we are not surprised when our President renders the best possible result from a tough situation we can enjoy patting him on the back in our posts right Tom. For us the war is over, for the left continued delusion will increase the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Assad would be Hitler in other times and other circumstances.
He must die. End of story.

Right after we make a batch of cold Kim Chi of out that little Korean puke.

Spicer is like a 1st grade teacher dealing with the moronic press every day.

But he has yet to say anything close to the stupid BS from Maxine baby or Nancy-Boo, the party stalwarts.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #8
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Greyfox, how can you say that MSNBC or anybody else twisted his words? His words were there for all to see. No parsing needed.
1. I said CNN. I have no idea what MSNBC presented.

2. Spicer talked about weaponry, not gas chambers.
Anyone with half a brain knew what he was talking about.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 AM   #9
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

It's a tough job dealing w fake news media.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #10
MargieRose

Quote:
Okay, this guy has hit a new low when it comes to comments by a Press Secretary. I actually don't think malice was intended, but Spicer needs to have at least a little bit of awareness about the comments he makes and the impacts on groups that he insults, including our allies in Israel. In short, more should be expected of a Press Secretary. To his credit, he tried to clarify his comments, and he has apologized. Is it enough?
Yes, it should be enough, and if not, why not?

Speaking of apologies, I'd like to see one offered by all (professors, political commentators, irate comedians, Hollywood entertainers, some of the leaders from our communities of color and, of course, dimwits on all forms of social media) whom have had the unmitigated gall and wormwood to, at one time or another, compare our President Trump to the Nazi Fuhrer, himself.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 02:40 AM   #11
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Yes, it should be enough, and if not, why not?

Speaking of apologies, I'd like to see one offered by all (professors, political commentators, irate comedians, Hollywood entertainers, some of the leaders from our communities of color and, of course, dimwits on all forms of social media) whom have had the unmitigated gall and wormwood to, at one time or another, compare our President Trump to the Nazi Fuhrer, himself.
Like a bunch of foaming at the mouth Chihuahuas. Surreal.
plainolebill is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Spicer made an error.

He apologized for his mistake.

Now we have people claiming this is Trump/Spicer trying to minimize what happened in the Holocaust, on Passover to boot (there was also a story about Trump not attending the White House Seder, a TRADITION started by that long-ago President, Barack Obama..., but I digress).

These very same people screaming this is another anti-Semitic, or Holocaust-minimizing, Holocaust-denier-enabling statement from Trump and/or his minions (or however else they want to frame it)...these very same liberals NEVER got this riled up when warrantless Hitler-esque accusations have been flying around against seemingly every elected Republican official in recent years.

No, those baseless Hitler claims against people like GWB, Rudy G, Trump, etc. etc....they somehow never had the effect of minimizing what actually happened to Jews in the Holocaust, even though these Hitler comparisons were, for the most part, patently ridiculous.

But when Spicer uses a Hitler comparison to Assad and is, as was said, inartful in going about it, liberals come out of the woodwork to condemn and make sure this story gets legs for a few days.

Pelosi comes right out and says he should be fired over it...Pelosi...LMAO

Doesn't anyone ever get tired of all this BS?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-12-2017 at 11:37 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
chadk66

anybody with a piss and sized brain understands he made a mistake and didn't mean it the way it came out. it's a non story.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #14
CincyHorseplayer

Seriously? When I finally heard what he said I was shocked by the reactions that were obscuring the actual words. Not bright. Not that bad. For Hitler being thrown around ad infinitum since the election WTF are these psycho leftists babbling about?
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
ElKabong

Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e7c9717d829b
Yes it's enough. If you want to complain, find something subtantive
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply