Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Cloud Computing

With the exception of the major flaw of being unraced at 2. I really like Cloud Computing, from a pedigree standpoint, hes superb. Buckpasser in the X, and really all 4 large heart gene horses in his X, Raise A Native sire line, 3.36 DI. Ran a 96 beyer his first time around 2 turns, His sire, although only raced once assuming due to injury, set the records for a debut beyer of a 114. Plus he was born late April so he has so much room to improve still. The second half of this year he is going to be a major force.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
f2tornado

Not many Raise A Native horses this year and if he does finish the Wood with the right fractions then those Buckpasser-x horses have a knack of filling Derby exactas, albeit a limited sample size. I might bet him in the Wood. Last two TFUS numbers were right there as well.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
PowerUpPaynter

Cloud Computing worked 5 furlongs in 1:00.50 today at Belmont best of 36. If he woulda just raced at 2 this would be my derby horse.

What a perfectly bred horse for classic distances.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
PowerUpPaynter

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentu...well-farm.aspx

Most times, when a trainer tells you he’s high on his Kentucky Derby hopeful, you take it with the proverbial grain of salt. If he tells you he’s very high on his horse you might take him more seriously, depending on who the trainer is. But when Chad Brown tells you he’s “very very high” on his horse, that’s when you raise your eyebrows and really take notice. That second “very” is big. Well, those are the exact words Brown used when asked what he thought of CLOUD COMPUTING. Brown explained on the internet call-in show “Switching Leads,” which I was thrilled to co-host with Dina Alborano and Jonathan Stettin, that Cloud Computing was one of his best 2-year-olds, but suffered a small chip in his ankle, and they had to be patient with him and clean it up, which delayed his career debut until February 11, putting him way behind the other 3-year-olds. When he won impressively going six furlongs, they made an ambitious decision to run him back in only three weeks in the Gotham Stakes against the top-class El Areeb and J Boys Echo.

“He was jumping out of his skin after his maiden win,” Brown said. “We had some reservations, but we wanted to learn what we had, so we were forced to play the hand we were dealt. We knew he was extremely talented.”

After finishing an excellent second in the Gotham, finishing 7 1/2 lengths ahead of 2-5 El Areeb, despite being too close to the lead, Cloud Computing now likely will take another huge step forward in the Wood Memorial. If he runs another big race, would Brown be concerned sending him to the Kentucky Derby off only three lifetime starts? “He deserves the chance to buck history, and we know he has tremendous stamina,” he said. “Right now he seems to be dragging us to the Derby.”

Some may feel that Cloud Computing should be in the Top 12 after his second in the Gotham, but as a traditionalist, I feel it is asking a lot of a young horse to run in the Derby off only three lifetime starts, and while others have tried it I need to wait until the Wood Memorial, where he will face quality horses, such as One Liner and Mo Town, and El Areeb again, before I have enough confidence to move him into the Dozen. Big Brown won the Derby off only three starts, but he was a total freak running against a very weak group, and Curlin did finish third behind Street Sense and Hard Spun, although well-beaten after encountering some traffic problems. If Cloud Computing bears any resemblance to Big Brown and Curlin after the Wood I admit it will be difficult to leave him off. He enhanced his reputation with a very sharp 5-furlong drill in a bullet 1:00 2/5, fastest of 36 works at the distance. Actually, make that a very very sharp drill.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: