Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
Twin Double

Good value in 3rd AQU 1/22

Anyone have any strong opinions in the 3rd at Aqueduct? I'm thinking the Ballivor could be a great value play. Especially if he goes off at anything near the morning line. Good excuse last race, switch to Cornelio, and second race off layoff. If can get 8-1, looking like maybe it time to send it in, considering how cheap and inconsistent the rest of the field is.
Twin Double is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:54 AM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Double
Anyone have any strong opinions in the 3rd at Aqueduct? I'm thinking the Ballivor could be a great value play. Especially if he goes off at anything near the morning line. Good excuse last race, switch to Cornelio, and second race off layoff. If can get 8-1, looking like maybe it time to send it in, considering how cheap and inconsistent the rest of the field is.
Will the games ever cease on this board?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:57 AM   #3
Twin Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Will the games ever cease on this board?
No games, is posting that a no no? I'm new so I apologize if broke some kind of rule.

Seems like a solid play, enough speed, class level fits, etc... But I must be over looking something with the ML as high as it is
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
I think that horse is ok, seemed to have nice reach late on the wrong lead, has a chance.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 05:03 AM   #5
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
No games, is posting that a no no? I'm new so I apologize if broke some kind of rule.

Seems like a solid play, enough speed, class level fits, etc... But I must be over looking something with the ML as high as it is

Don't think there actually is a rule against making up different screen names-it gets old and obvious after awhile.

This message board seems to be your entire life...more people than you can imagine, already know this. This charade can't be healthy.

People in the internet have always been making up tales of their fantasy self--you've moved in. Instead of fake outrage of this post, EMD...think about it.

It's not normal, bro
Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
Twin Double

Quote:
Don't think there actually is a rule against making up different screen names-it gets old and obvious after awhile.

This message board seems to be your entire life...more people than you can imagine, already know this. This charade can't be healthy.

People in the internet have always been making up tales of their fantasy self--you've moved in. Instead of fake outrage of this post, EMD...think about it.

It's not normal, bro
You have me confused with someone else. I never created a screen name on here in my life. I thought this forum was for people who want to have intelligent conversations about horse racing and handicapping. Not sure what caused or where your accusations come from. None of the few posts I made are trolling or spam etc.. Please explain how creating a thread about database ideas and possible overlay in the third at Aqueduct is me fantasizing. Geez Although getting 8-1 on the today at AQU is fantasizing.

Last edited by Twin Double; 01-22-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

It's not normal, bro
Oh my lord, NCG, you've lost your mind bro. I PM'd you to ask you what you meant by your post (#2) as I wanted to answer this poor poster but hesitated as maybe you knew something. You didn't reply....and now I see what you're up to.

You're pathetic.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I am using your horse as a cover in picks. Was slightly tapped at the gate and the track was pro speed/inside. I just happen to love the 2 in that race and think it will take a combination of things to beat the 2.

Good luck with NCG, when someone starts capping and taking his attention away, he tends to go postal.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

It's not normal, bro
What in the world are you talking about? Who do you think this poster "is"?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #10
MONEY

The scratch of #5 made #8 a player in this race, but adding 9 lbs won't help.
Posts #s 8 and over have only won at 3% on the inner track.
Every horse in this race has a reason to win & lose.

#1. -9 lbs & inside post. Slows down after 6 furlongs.
#2. Might wire the field. Lost at 16K, cost $140,000.
#3. 11 lbs off. Awful jockey.
#4. Early kick last race, likes Aqueduct. Has not been close.
#6. Throwout last 2 (Muddy & Turf), 1st time claimer. Cost $100,000.
#7. Highest last race Bris speed figure. Cost $130,000.
#8. 1st off claim & trouble last race. Adds 9 lbs.
#9. E type horses win 45% of races at this distance. Always loses ground.
#10. 1st time claimer. Outside post.

I like #s 2 & 1, but I'm usually wrong.

Good Luck
Old 01-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #11
Maximillion

I like Ballivor here too....with a better start and just mild improvement i think he can easily make up the 3 he lost to Motown Sound and should offer better odds as well.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #12
Twin Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
I like Ballivor here too....with a better start and just mild improvement i think he can easily make up the 3 he lost to Motown Sound and should offer better odds as well.
That's my logic as well. The wil be a force to reckon with here though since the Ortiz/Asmussen combo very dangerous in these spots. But if can get a price of 4 or 5 -1 on the he's worth a win bet investment. I definitely won't be leaving the off my horizontal wagers though.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #13
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Oh my lord, NCG, you've lost your mind bro. I PM'd you to ask you what you meant by your post (#2) as I wanted to answer this poor poster but hesitated as maybe you knew something. You didn't reply....and now I see what you're up to.

You're pathetic.
Guess you opted for "fake outrage". I shouldn't have bothered...you don't listen to anyone else on this message board--why would you listen to me.

Go back to Fairyland--I tried.

Edit: It's easier just to put you on ignore after two years...later

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-22-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Typical of that jock got a horse beat who couldn't lose with any other rider. He got him to switch leads though but couldn't make speed this is a grinder he needed to not get away in the back. Maybe next time w jock chg
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #15
Twin Double

I wasn't expecting him to be bet down to 3-1. I did bet him but there wasn't any value betting a question mark horse at 3-1. The 4th going to be interesting with the high figure horse. I can't count how many times I've seen lightly raced high figure horses come up from Florida and burn NY bettors money.

Last edited by Twin Double; 01-22-2017 at 01:35 PM.