Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
Teach

"A Kinder, Gentler Nation"

“Hey Dumbo!” one of my elementary-school classmates called out. Yes, I had what are called “sticky-outie” ears. Well, I looked back at my classmate, the one who brought attention to my ears. I’m sure my pained expression could be seen by him and the others.

From that day forth, I’ve tried to avoid demeaning others based solely on their race, speech patterns, and physical appearances.

In this post, I’m commenting on the unbecoming remarks spoken by the soon-to-be president, Donald Trump. His "ad hominem" put-downs do not befit a President of the United States of America.

For example, recently, Trump has referred to Democratic Senate Majority leader, Chuck Schumer, as the “Head clown”.

In the past, even members of Trump’s own Republican Party have been subjected to his brickbats: Governor Jeb Bush, the son and brother of former presidents, was called “low-energy”. Senator Ted Cruz was called “Lyin’ Ted”. Senator Marco Rubio was called “Little Marco”. Senator Lindsey Graham: “Dumb mouthpiece”. Governor Scott Walker: “Puppet”. Senator Jeff Flake: “Weak”. Governor Rick Perry “should be forced to take an IQ test.” Governor George Pataki “couldn’t be elected dog catcher…” Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal: “Lightweight”. Senator Rand Paul: “Truly weird”. Senator John McCain, who Trump called “a dummy” was also besmirched with the remark: “I like people who weren’t captured.” What an insult! A true American hero of the Vietnam War was castigated by a man who never served one moment in uniform.

Yes, Donald Trump’s approach is all part of a propaganda technique called “Name Calling”. Giving someone a bad name. No evidence is provided. There’s no support to back up the claims.

Staying in the social sciences, I believe that President-elect Trump has an inferiority complex. Yes, an inferiority complex. He may be a successful businessman. A billionaire. Yet, I believe that deep-down, in his own psyche, he’s terribly insecure.

Further, as Freudian psychologists would say, President-elect Trump is master projectionist. Projection is a defense mechanism in which we assign to others our own unacceptable impulses and shortcomings.

Finally, I’m sure we all remember President George H. W. Bush’s (recently hospitalized) acceptance speech in August 1988 where he spoke of a “kinder, gentler nation.”

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
woodtoo

AS my teacher told me repeatedly "suck it up buttercup" the sun will rise tomorrow.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach
Finally, I’m sure we all remember President George H. W. Bush’s (recently hospitalized) acceptance speech in August 1988 where he spoke of a “kinder, gentler nation.”
Be sure to let us know when the left gets onboard with this notion.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
Clocker

Quote:
Staying in the social sciences, I believe that President-elect Trump has an inferiority complex.
Who knew?

This issue has been raised and beaten to death every time Trump names another building after himself, "writes" a book praising himself, runs for president (first time was 1999?), hypes his own TV shows, engages in publicity stunts in media or sports, whines about the media, etc., etc. And the consensus is always the same: duh, does the sun rise in the east?

Welcome back to earth.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
“Hey Dumbo!” one of my elementary-school classmates called out. Yes, I had what are called “sticky-outie” ears. Well, I looked back at my classmate, the one who brought attention to my ears. I’m sure my pained expression could be seen by him and the others.

From that day forth, I’ve tried to avoid demeaning others based solely on their race, speech patterns, and physical appearances.

In this post, I’m commenting on the unbecoming remarks spoken by the soon-to-be president, Donald Trump. His "ad hominem" put-downs do not befit a President of the United States of America.

For example, recently, Trump has referred to Democratic Senate Majority leader, Chuck Schumer, as the “Head clown”.

In the past, even members of Trump’s own Republican Party have been subjected to his brickbats: Governor Jeb Bush, the son and brother of former presidents, was called “low-energy”. Senator Ted Cruz was called “Lyin’ Ted”. Senator Marco Rubio was called “Little Marco”. Senator Lindsey Graham: “Dumb mouthpiece”. Governor Scott Walker: “Puppet”. Senator Jeff Flake: “Weak”. Governor Rick Perry “should be forced to take an IQ test.” Governor George Pataki “couldn’t be elected dog catcher…” Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal: “Lightweight”. Senator Rand Paul: “Truly weird”. Senator John McCain, who Trump called “a dummy” was also besmirched with the remark: “I like people who weren’t captured.” What an insult! A true American hero of the Vietnam War was castigated by a man who never served one moment in uniform.

Yes, Donald Trump’s approach is all part of a propaganda technique called “Name Calling”. Giving someone a bad name. No evidence is provided. There’s no support to back up the claims.

Staying in the social sciences, I believe that President-elect Trump has an inferiority complex. Yes, an inferiority complex. He may be a successful businessman. A billionaire. Yet, I believe that deep-down, in his own psyche, he’s terribly insecure.

Further, as Freudian psychologists would say, President-elect Trump is master projectionist. Projection is a defense mechanism in which we assign to others our own unacceptable impulses and shortcomings.

And all those people have one thing in common. They were the ones who threw the first salvo.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
MONEY

“Say what you will about Trump, he is not stupid. He is a smart man with a deep understanding of what stupid people want.”―Andy Borowitz

“Donald Trump has had several foreign wives. It turns out that there are really are jobs Americans won't do.”–Mitt Romney

“Donald Trump likes to sue people. He should sue whoever did that to his face.”—Marco Rubio

“Republican hopeful Rick Perry this week compared Donald Trump to cancer. Which really isn't fair, because sometimes you can get rid of cancer.” –Seth Meyers

“This is what I've been waiting for my whole life. A President who's not afraid to tell the truth about being a lying asshole!”―Lewis Black

http://bit.ly/2k4vHL2

FREE SUPPORT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS, 24/7
Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via the medium people already use and trust: text. Here’s how it works:

1. Text HELLO to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis.
2. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds quickly.
3. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment
Old 01-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
Teach

EayGoer89 -

Have you ever heard of "turning the other cheek?"

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
delayjf

I must admit I do raise my eyebrows about some of the things he says, but I love the fact that he doesn't back down to the left -and I know it drives the left crazy.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
OntheRail

Quote:
EayGoer89 -

Have you heard of...

"Do unto others as they do onto you?"
Old 01-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
Have you heard of...

"Do unto others as they do onto you?"
No, no.
Do unto others before others do unto you!

And when I moon somebody, I prefer to use both cheeks, no turning one away.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #11
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
EayGoer89 -

You could turn the other cheek, but if he doesn't, why blame him? Seems like Trump getting more flak for fighting back than others are for starting the war of words in the first place. Trump is from NY many of New Yorkers don't take crap from anyone. Why isn't that an admirable trait?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's the deal. What the Democrats and the left have to do is not waste all this time protesting Trump or telling us how dumb, toxic, fascist or whatever else he is...

What the Democrats and the left MUST concentrate all their spare time on is figuring out HOW THEY LOST TO SUCH A MAN (that they perceive).

I mean, really? A little Russian propaganda in the form of a possible hack of DNC emails and Podesta emails...and THAT WAS ENOUGH? TO BE BEATEN BY DONALD TRUMP?

Wow man...a real case of serious denial is still going on, and it really is becoming all-encompassing.

YOUR GAL LOST TO DONALD TRUMP.

It wasn't because of Russia...you have to figure out the reason WHY you lost to Donald Trump. It wasn't Russia.

Keep repeating the above to yourself until you figure it out, Mr. Teach.

Telling us all how bad and what is wrong with DJT is one of the reasons you lost in the first place!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Here's the deal. What the Democrats and the left have to do is not waste all this time protesting Trump or telling us how dumb, toxic, fascist or whatever else he is...

What the Democrats and the left MUST concentrate all their spare time on is figuring out HOW THEY LOST TO SUCH A MAN (that they perceive).

I mean, really? A little Russian propaganda in the form of a possible hack of DNC emails and Podesta emails...and THAT WAS ENOUGH? TO BE BEATEN BY DONALD TRUMP?
We have a pretty good idea why Trump won. It was a combination of having a very flawed candidate, that candidate campaigning poorly (perhaps her health was more of an issue than what we knew), that candidate having to spend more time fighting off some fake, some real attacks (Comey press conferences and pizzagate), and Trump having a message that despite being more BS than reality was exactly what a lot of people wanted to hear. The Democrats are never going to offer to build a wall, or ban all muslims, or bring back all the jobs that left for overseas. I think maybe they thought reality would triumph.

I never thought the release of the DNC emails was the straw that broke the camel's back. And if the Russians have real blame, it isn't for the email hacking, it is being part of the fake news efforts on public media against Hillary. I don't think anyone will ever prove that - it is way too easy to build a Facebook page and make up stories and anybody could have done it. I don't remember the number, but there were an amazing number of fake stories.

The Republicans were in disarray after the Bush years. They made a stout comeback. Trump's approval rating is below his disapproval rating and he hasn't even taken office. Unless he comes through on his campaign promises, he'll have problems. And if the Democrats find a charismatic candidate who can connect with millennials, they would be in a good position. Four years to the next circus. Ought to be fun.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
We have a pretty good idea why Trump won. It was a combination of having a very flawed candidate
That's all you had to say.

Trump is shallow and insecure and pompous, but many non-Trump fans saw that and still saw him as the lesser of two evils against someone worse. The lesser evil compared to a woman who had even deeper character flaws, who could do even more damage to the country.

It wasn't the Russians or the FBI or the sexist, racist dirty white boys that made Trump a winner. It was the fact that Hillary Clinton was a loser.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
“Say what you will about Trump, he is not stupid. He is a smart man with a deep understanding of what stupid people want.”―Andy Borowitz

“Donald Trump has had several foreign wives. It turns out that there are really are jobs Americans won't do.”–Mitt Romney

“Donald Trump likes to sue people. He should sue whoever did that to his face.”—Marco Rubio

“Republican hopeful Rick Perry this week compared Donald Trump to cancer. Which really isn't fair, because sometimes you can get rid of cancer.” –Seth Meyers

“This is what I've been waiting for my whole life. A President who's not afraid to tell the truth about being a lying asshole!”―Lewis Black

http://bit.ly/2k4vHL2

FREE SUPPORT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS, 24/7
Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via the medium people already use and trust: text. Here’s how it works:

1. Text HELLO to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis.
2. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds quickly.
3. The volunteer Crisis Counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment
I called suicide prevention-they put me on hold, I tell ya I get no respect

I remember I was so depressed I was going to jump out the window on the 10th floor, they sent a Priest. He said on your mark, get set...

When my old man wanted sex, my mother would show him a picture of me...

Last week I told my psychiatrist "I keep thinking about suicide" he told me for now on I have to pay in Advance.

http://www.beer100.com/rodney.htm
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: