Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Do USA tracks honor suspensions given to jockeys in foreign countries? I think the other jockeys should duct tape him naked to the 1/16 pole and snap him with wet towels till he is covered in welts. Will be curious to see how long he is suspended. Women sure get some guys to do stupid things.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #17
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
Do USA tracks honor suspensions given to jockeys in foreign countries? I think the other jockeys should duct tape him naked to the 1/16 pole and snap him with wet towels till he is covered in welts. Will be curious to see how long he is suspended. Women sure get some guys to do stupid things.
Best answer is no. David Flores got a year in Singapore for something nutty and he just left and now rides here.

So generally no.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #18
iamt

The answer is yes, suspensions are generally honoured across countries.

There have been a few instances where another body may elect not to honour it which has happened with a few jockeys who have ridden in different Asian countries (Flores an example), but these are by far the exception.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #19
camourous

If that happened here, they give him a 3 day suspension on 3 dark days,
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Best answer is no. David Flores got a year in Singapore for something nutty and he just left and now rides here.

So generally no.
You're pro track management side keeps coming out in every breath....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #21
davew

How can you be sure that it wasn't a bridle slip or bolting?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #22
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by camourous
If that happened here, they give him a 3 day suspension on 3 dark days,
Exactly....
Old 01-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #23
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
I was thinking more likely to be heatstroke
Old 01-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
I don't know ...maybe the fact that he looked over to his right in an obvious fashion, his left hand steered to the right in a 90 degree manner and made no attempt to grab his horse from violently bashing into those 2 poor foes?

Give this thread some time. Pro track management people will come on, tell the players we're imagining things, there are things that happen that we can't see, the jock had heatstroke, or maybe temporary ptsd that came out suddenly with a new personality that favors moving in the right direction
Old 01-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #25
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
You're pro track management side keeps coming out in every breath....
One of fascinating things about you EMD is not having a clue about what you are talking about never keeps you from posting on a topic.

You can look like up but Flores got a year suspension in Singapore for "failing to achieve the best finish with a horse." This doesn't mean to stiffed the horse. It means a he essentially made a tactical error with his horse when he could have gone through different hole or inside versus outside. Also the particulars are this occurred from the 400 to the 600 meter mark of a 1,200 meter race. He essentially picked the wrong path at the two furlong mark of a six furlong race. This gets you a year in Singapore. Singapore is also a country where drug possession gets you a caneing. They have a very different concept of justice.

So riddled me this EMD. You work in insurance or something. How would you feel if the consequences of taking an extra long lunch or not giving a customer the best deal or customer service was punishable by not working for a year?

How would you feel if these standards applied to your work?

I'll be waiting.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Flores took a horse who is best on the lead/near the lead and rated the horse down.

In my eyes, that deserves 1 year or life. Not kidding. Especially with confirmed need the leaders.

I like the analogy but I wouldn't ever do something so wrong. The standards are too low here in the USA. Nothing wrong with wanting them higher.

Something nutty....WOW.

Do me a favor, watch Mendez's ride in the 1st at AQU. Watch closely from the 3/4 to the 1/8. #1 horse, not 1A, #1.

Doesn't that get you life out there in reality?

In the good ol USA no one cares.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #27
SuperPickle

Quote:
Flores took a horse who is best on the lead/near the lead and rated the horse down.

In my eyes, that deserves 1 year or life. Not kidding. Especially with confirmed need the leaders.

I like the analogy but I wouldn't ever do something so wrong. The standards are too low here in the USA. Nothing wrong with wanting them higher.

Something nutty....WOW.

Do me a favor, watch Mendez's ride in the 1st at AQU. Watch closely from the 3/4 to the 1/8. #1 horse, not 1A, #1.

Do you ever read the insanity you post? You just wrote that taking back a speed horse is worthy of a year long suspension. That probably happened 10-20 times today. So you'd suspend all those jockeys a year?

I'm just curious after doing this for a few weeks and you were out of jockeys what would you do?

Btw... both Singapore and Hong Kong are notorious for having jockey shortages during parts of their season. Not shortages of good jockeys. Shortages of warm bodies.

http://m.scmp.com/sport/racing/artic...turn-hong-kong
Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #28
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Do you ever read the insanity you post? You just wrote that taking back a speed horse is worthy of a year long suspension. That probably happened 10-20 times today. So you'd suspend all those jockeys a year?

I'm just curious after doing this for a few weeks and you were out of jockeys what would you do?

Btw... both Singapore and Hong Kong are notorious for having jockey shortages during parts of their season. Not shortages of good jockeys. Shortages of warm bodies.

Wait......listen to yourself......

Funny Response:

You just told EMD4ME, that we wouldn't have any jockeys......

[YT="YEAH!!! NO JOCKEYS!!!! YEAH!!!"]xemLz_fR1Ac[/YT]

Now, my serious response:

Good, one at a time, teach them ALL what it means to ride in a suspect manner. Don't have any jockeys? Cancel the races. I'm sure the trainers and owners will teach the boys not to pull any funny stuff, real quick.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #29
SuperPickle

Quote:

Something nutty....WOW.

We
Old 01-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #30
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

We
You ok super pickle? You just posted the same thing again (with a "WE" added at the end) ?