Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
onefast99

Hey New Jersey how is that 23 cents a gallon gas tax working?

I travel several of the busiest highways in the state of NJ, everyday for the past month I see numerous cars pulled off to the side with flat tires and in some cases a lot more damage from the numerous potholes that NJ highways have to offer. Now back to that 23 cents a gallon gas tax, isn't this what was needed to complete projects, start new ones and repair that old and beaten up infra-structure? Or is this another lie from the fearless fat man and his group of blood suckers that make their decisions in Trenton? Just in case anyone travels route 78 east in Berkeley Heights NJ there is a pothole the size of a 68 Cadillac in the fast lane!!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

The tax only went into effect a couple months ago, and is intended to fund transportation infrastructure projects for years to come.

So when you're stuck in a two mile construction bottleneck this summer , you can bring back this thread..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
The tax only went into effect a couple months ago, and is intended to fund transportation infrastructure projects for years to come.

So when you're stuck in a two mile construction bottleneck this summer , you can bring back this thread..
I'm ok with that, its part of life when you travel on busy roads in need of repair, but how does your comment have anything to do with the current state of road disrepair in NJ, or are you saying wait until the summer to drive on those roads again?
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M...9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
Old 01-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Why would you be driving in Joisey anyways????

I was there once, in the 80s.
Still having flashbacks.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Why would you be driving in Joisey anyways????

I was there once, in the 80s.
Still having flashbacks.
I passed through last summer for the first time in my life, I see no reason to do that again.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

If I go through a similar construction site months and years from now, Dan, I will make a positive post, I promise.

But ...

This past weekend the two roads I use on the New Jersey side of the Delaware River (I live on the Pennsylvania side) were both very dangerous driving roads due to the snow and ice.

The New Jersey state government, despite having ample weather warnings and a very early morning snow storm -- and not to mention the piles of moolah in the coffers after the months collecting this 23 cents per gallon gas tax you like -- did absolutely nothing, not even salting these very busy roads.

Dan, no excuse for that and no real cause to defend this 23 cents per gallon tax.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I passed through last summer for the first time in my life, I see no reason to do that again.
Now you know what's wrong with me I lived here 50+ years
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I was born and raised there, and lived half of my 72 years there...

Thank God I escaped....Don't miss it one bit...Not a-one...
Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #9
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
I was born and raised there, and lived half of my 72 years there...

Thank God I escaped....Don't miss it one bit...Not a-one...
It's always a happy story when someone leaves - we've got too many people for sure.

So where did you find nirvana, Kash?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #10
reckless
Veteran

Stinks, your Jersey state workers didn't salt the roads despite having oodles and oodles of moolah from the 23 cents per gallon tax they've been collecting for months.

I guess you don't care when your politicians steal your money and lie to you -- and neither do the thousands and thousands that have left Joisey in recent years thanks to onerous income and real estate taxes -- and now this.

Defend your home state all you'd like, just don't drive on dangerous and icy state roads in the winter. I am pretty it won't be salted.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
It's always a happy story when someone leaves - we've got too many people for sure.

So where did you find nirvana, Kash?
Just as long as you keep Cory Booker, no state needs someone like him and his mouth.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 07:12 PM   #12
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Stinks, your Jersey state workers didn't salt the roads despite having oodles and oodles of moolah from the 23 cents per gallon tax they've been collecting for months.

I guess you don't care when your politicians steal your money and lie to you -- and neither do the thousands and thousands that have left Joisey in recent years thanks to onerous income and real estate taxes -- and now this.

Defend your home state all you'd like, just don't drive on dangerous and icy state roads in the winter. I am pretty it won't be salted.
Seriously, Reckless, you can have Pennsylvania. And I hope many more leave -we have far too many residents in such a small state.

As for the lousy roads in NJ, ask the governor. He's got plenty of time on his hands these days to respond.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #13
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
Just as long as you keep Cory Booker, no state needs someone like him and his mouth.
You should be joking. Any black man who thinks Sessions is the right man for the job has blinkers on.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #14
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You should be joking. Any black man who thinks Sessions is the right man for the job has blinkers on.
Is that the same as any white man who thought Obama would be right for the job???......You get what you give, stinks.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 01:03 AM   #15
fast4522

Quote:
Watch Trump make good and show blacks what they have to lose, I hope to see a President Trump make good and help the inner city's and blacks leaving democrats without that block vote for decades.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply