Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #46
upthecreek

Steelers

I saw on Twitter asst. Coach Joey Porter was arrested in a bar for assaulting the doorman after the Steelers won Guess the guy was a Dolphins fan
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM   #47
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
Yea, giants should have scored a couple touchdowns early. Sorry about your team. At least you beat the boys twice this season.
Small consolation.I will be rooting for the Pack because I can't stand the Cowgirls and their front-running fans who come out of the woodwork as soon as they win a game.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #48
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Small consolation.I will be rooting for the Pack because I can't stand the Cowgirls and their front-running fans who come out of the woodwork as soon as they win a game.

ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #49
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
I saw on Twitter asst. Coach Joey Porter was arrested in a bar for assaulting the doorman after the Steelers won Guess the guy was a Dolphins fan
Time to cut that dude loose
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #50
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Time to cut that dude loose
suspended by the team. They'll cut him after the season. Deservedly so.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #51
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
They really do. I live in upstate NY and there's a big following, even up here. Always has been. Now that they are good, you never here the end of it. That game can go two ways. The Cowboys must run and get first downs to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field. If they suffer a few three and outs or from few first downs and punt, Rodgers will wear the defense down and dice them up.

He's on fire right now, throws the ball like a gunslinger, extends plays and reads the open target. I really don't think there is a stronger arm in the league. I don't care if its in Dallas, if they cant control time of possession, in the second half he will rip them a new one. The Giants have a good defense, it didn't matter. He has gotta be kept off the field or the Cowboys will be toast.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #52
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Three of the four games this wknd should be good ones.
Intriguing matchups in every game except Texans/Pats

Go Steelers !
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #53
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
They really do. I live in upstate NY and there's a big following, even up here. Always has been. Now that they are good, you never here the end of it. That game can go two ways. The Cowboys must run and get first downs to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field. If they suffer a few three and outs or from few first downs and punt, Rodgers will wear the defense down and dice them up.

He's on fire right now, throws the ball like a gunslinger, extends plays and reads the open target. I really don't think there is a stronger arm in the league. I don't care if its in Dallas, if they cant control time of possession, in the second half he will rip them a new one. The Giants have a good defense, it didn't matter. He has gotta be kept off the field or the Cowboys will be toast.
When the cowdogs beat the packers earlier this year Dez Bryant was in street clothes. Still, they ran all over GB. Even w/o a gamechanging WR GB couldn't send enough resources in the box to stop dallas from running at will

I just don't see a change sunday. GB will need to sell out to stop Zeke b/c I think he'll be asked to carry the load early on. When GB loads up the box it w/ free up Dak to do some damage

I'm not a fan of any nfl team, but this cowboys team is fun to watch if you like to see a good OL play. Rodgers is a great qb, but he'd better not get behind more than a score. That's a big deal for gb here. Rodgers having to take chances won't fare well, gb needs to move the chains like they did vs the giants

I don't bet football but if i did, I'd take Dallas and give as much as 5
Not sure how they would do vs ATL
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #54
Robert Fischer
clean money

Green Bay was a profitable bet vs. NY, but this could go either way.

Dallas controls their own fate.

Coaches - must be confident and aggressive

Prescott - must carry that same presence into the playoff stage

2 'keys' that I'm watching for:
1. Green Bay creating turnovers and impact defensive plays
-could be a difference maker.

2. Prescott scoring a rushing TD in the red zone
-establishes a threat that spreads defensive strategy too thin
Old 01-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #55
ElKabong

Was trying to remember where I saw the info below, just now found it....cy and paste from a UT board.
Packers will need to morph into something they aren't in order to take this one

The undersized Packers front wasn't pancaked by Dallas' power OL by chance.

GB has only faced 4 teams in top 10 in rushing...Dallas, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. Just so happens they went 1-3.

Five opponents broke 100 yards rushing...they only beat two.

Dallas has the magic formula to beat these Packers. Pound the ball, cheat up the defense to help out, and then spread the ball around. GB had no answer last time.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #56
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Was trying to remember where I saw the info below, just now found it....cy and paste from a UT board.
Packers will need to morph into something they aren't in order to take this one

The undersized Packers front wasn't pancaked by Dallas' power OL by chance.

GB has only faced 4 teams in top 10 in rushing...Dallas, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. Just so happens they went 1-3.

Five opponents broke 100 yards rushing...they only beat two.

Dallas has the magic formula to beat these Packers. Pound the ball, cheat up the defense to help out, and then spread the ball around. GB had no answer last time.
I hope your wrong but the Green Bay defense may be up against it.Don't forget the Giants would have been up by as much as 17 if not by big drops by Beckham and Shepard .
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #57
ebcorde
Veteran

Packers all the way

Hot QB. he looks same as when he won it. GB "D" looks good enough.
Only thing is they have injuries. A Hot QB improves the performance of receivers too.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #58
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
I have a lot of trouble with trusting "worst to first"teams in the playoffs.Feel the Cowboys are a solid team that has played above their heads and the Pack were underachieving much of the year, but now have the hot hand AND the hot QB.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2017, 12:42 AM   #59
thaskalos

I fell for the hype surrounding the "ailing" Packer secondary, and the "difficulty" that they were supposed to have with Odell Beckham...and I wagered against the Pack last week. Upon watching that laugher of a game...I swore that I'd never bet against Rodgers for the rest of these playoffs.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #60
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
When the cowdogs beat the packers earlier this year Dez Bryant was in street clothes. Still, they ran all over GB. Even w/o a gamechanging WR GB couldn't send enough resources in the box to stop dallas from running at will

I just don't see a change sunday. GB will need to sell out to stop Zeke b/c I think he'll be asked to carry the load early on. When GB loads up the box it w/ free up Dak to do some damage

I'm not a fan of any nfl team, but this cowboys team is fun to watch if you like to see a good OL play. Rodgers is a great qb, but he'd better not get behind more than a score. That's a big deal for gb here. Rodgers having to take chances won't fare well, gb needs to move the chains like they did vs the giants

I don't bet football but if i did, I'd take Dallas and give as much as 5
Not sure how they would do vs ATL
That's the game, if Dallas runs well again, they will win again. If it turns into a shoot out between Dak and Rodgers........GB will trump that. GB will be happy if the Boys start throwing the ball....the possessions move faster and they'll never keep up for an entire half. Dak has to have Dez, Rodgers does not need Nelson to rip the other team. Brady and Rodgers are the types that just need good receivers, they don't need game changers, the receivers are just about inter changeable with these guys throwing to them. You are right, GB's run defense will be the whole deal for them.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply