Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-08-2017, 02:08 AM   #31
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Paul Richardson has made 3 sensational catches tonight for Seattle; 2 of them one handed. Looks like a star may have been born.
I don't know. This is his 3rd year in the league. The first two were injury riddled and he was not even active until mid-season this year. He has the speed, but lacks size and durability. He was playing being Tyler Lockett until Lockett got injured. It is nice to see him stepping up, but it is too early to count on him too much.

That first one hander was a weird play as his arm got wrapped around the defender's helmet and he ended holding on to his facemask. Probably too much has been made of this call in deciding the game, but it was missed.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #32
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Games have been bad so far. I'm about to turn the channel on the Pit-Mia game. 20-3. Uggh.. Hopefully the Giants Packers game will salvage the weekend.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #33
ebcorde
Veteran

NFL needs to improve

almost same teams every year because a lot of owners do not TRY.

My NFC East Div They Try. My birds suck but Jeff tries.
Pats win all the time because they try but no one else in that Div does

Steelers, Broncos, Ravens try every year.
Packers try. SEA,SF,MINN try

everyone else its occasional or rare.

2nd rd will be better , league knows it, save the Best for last GB vs NY
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #34
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
Games have been bad so far. I'm about to turn the channel on the Pit-Mia game. 20-3. Uggh.. Hopefully the Giants Packers game will salvage the weekend.
Good one going on right now if you like great defense. Good pass coverage, good tackling. No one being out schemed on defense.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #35
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Good one going on right now if you like great defense. Good pass coverage, good tackling. No one being out schemed on defense.
Yea, like the defensive battles. Only game that hasn't been over by half time. OK, the Seattle game was 10-3 at half but did anyone believe that Detroit really had a chance?
Old 01-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #36
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
The gay NY WR will be fun. I root Rogers This could have be the NFC Title game
I kind of doubt that, these teams can't play pass defense. The Giants have the line but that secondary is getting torched. So is GB for that matter.

But a hail Mary like that? C'mon?

Some sloppy pass "D" by both teams.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #37
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Talking about points my Giants may have trouble scoring.Hope the defense can GB under 20.Otherwise their in trouble.
Unfortunately I was right. Giants had them early but those drops by Beckham and Sheppard killed them.Then the hail Mary. Another thing was the short kickoffs after the Giants scored ended up giving the Packers great field position.But 13 points ugh.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #38
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Unfortunately I was right. Giants had them early but those drops by Beckham and Sheppard killed them.Then the hail Mary. Another thing was the short kickoffs after the Giants scored ended up giving the Packers great field position.But 13 points ugh.
I lost both games today but both teams had a chance to cover. They were just too sloppy with mistakes for a playoff team to be. Miami did some of the dumbest things I've seen and that Hail Mary was a killer....Giants never recovered and got an ass kicking in the second half. Neither team was going to win but they gave it away.

I've never cared for OBJ, too much flash and not enough substance when it counts. The league and shows love his antics, it makes them money. But there are many guys just as good, if not better. He gets the TV coverage but he has his faults too......many of them. I like the guys that let their play do the talking. Coaches nightmare. There are certain teams that are good, where that crap would not be tolerated....not mentioning names but everyone knows what teams I mean.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-08-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #39
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Yea, giants should have scored a couple touchdowns early. Sorry about your team. At least you beat the boys twice this season.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #40
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
I lost both games today but both teams had a chance to cover. They were just too sloppy with mistakes for a playoff team to be. Miami did some of the dumbest things I've seen and that Hail Mary was a killer....Giants never recovered and got an ass kicking in the second half. Neither team was going to win but they gave it away.

I've never cared for OBJ, too much flash and not enough substance when it counts. The league and shows love his antics, it makes them money. But there are many guys just as good, if not better. He gets the TV coverage but he has his faults too......many of them. I like the guys that let their play do the talking. Coaches nightmare. There are certain teams that are good, where that crap would not be tolerated....not mentioning names but everyone knows what teams I mean.
I think he has way too many drops and does a lot of stupid things but he did make 2nd team all-pro
Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #41
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
Rogers vs Eli like the old days

been a Eagle fan out the womb. age: 60 ESPN LIES

1, I (yeah me NOT F'ing MIKE TIRICO ) was at that Santa Claus snow ball game, and the Michael Irvin so-called "we were cheering when he was hurt"
game.

Santa Claus YEAH THEY DID snowball him and it was fun to watch. They toted out some dude in a suit on top of a convertible and peope started throwing snowballs
why: WE SUCKED. a few years OF 1-13 while Johnny U was doing it in Baltimore

we were so bad, seemed people went to the games to get drunk have a laugh hence snowballs.

been waiting to say that for a long time. how many left at that Game.

#2 Game ending Michael Irvin career on hell yeah we did cheer ON THE HIT
years of that SOB catching a first down, getting up and pointing first down.

BUT after 30 seconds, people said "oh he's sill not getting up and we all got quiet" although few a-holes did cheer some more, they quickly got that Philly look from the fans that "you want to leave here on a stretcher?" look

Emmitt always got respect too damm good
I'm a lifetime Eagles fan too , but don't know why you are bringing up these old topics. I don't mind if the rest of the country thinks we are mean fans, badge of honor.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #42
Secondbest

Latest lines I Saw
ATL -4 1/2
NE. - 16 1/2
KC. - 1 1/2
DAL. - 4
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #43
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I smell another Steelers - Packers Finale after this weekend.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #44
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
I think he has way too many drops and does a lot of stupid things but he did make 2nd team all-pro
Don't get me wrong, he's good, but tons of potential left. Just reported that he bashed his head into a wall and punched it. I don't know if the media is hyping this but its par for the course.

Some of these guys are their own worst enemy. He is a football player, shut up and play football without all the antics...he doesn't even realize its for his own good. Other guys do it too, but most of them back it on the field without the tantrums when it goes south. gotta grow up, the he's an "emotional player" stuff is garbage. He's a walking circus. Flashy when he gets a lousy first down, crying when it doesn't work out.....guess what ? That's life, no matter what one does.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:28 AM   #45
NJ Stinks

Is it just me or did the visitors the Lions, Dolphins, and Giants not get one close call this weekend? (Maybe the Raiders were squeezed too but I missed much of that game.)

Illegal screens on crossing patterns and pass interference (offensive and defensive) require a certain amount of courage from an official for justice to prevail. None was found this weekend IMO.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: