Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #16
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
I was just going to make this exact point ex the Giants. I don't really see any of the home teams losing.

OAK/HOU is 37 over/under at Bovada. That's an incredibly low number for a playoff game in the modern age where rules favor offense but I would be solidly on the under. The only risk is defensive scoring. I can't imaging either of these offenses getting to 20.
Good points, you're right, under in oak game seems like the sharp side,just have to prevent a couple pick 6s and you should be ok. The game plans will be conservative I would imagine.

I was thinking about this Detroit team, I wonder if they can shock the world ?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Good points, you're right, under in oak game seems like the sharp side,just have to prevent a couple pick 6s and you should be ok. The game plans will be conservative I would imagine.

I was thinking about this Detroit team, I wonder if they can shock the world ?
You mean the country. The rest of the world does not give a damn about american football.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #18
Robert Fischer
clean money

Green Bay has a decent defense

I took some stats and made some amateur metrics in excel.
Surprised to see Green Bay ranked in the top 5 of what I called "impact defense" (used sack%, int%, strength of schedule)(should have included total takeaways in some form).
Doesn't mean a whole lot, and much of that was a function of their 6 game win streak, but it was surprising to me, as a fan who pretty much summarizes Green Bay by saying "uh oh Rodgers is somewhat dangerous...".

Line is up from about -3.5 to about -4.5-5 last i'd checked
Old 01-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I took some stats and made some amateur metrics in excel.
Surprised to see Green Bay ranked in the top 5 of what I called "impact defense" (used sack%, int%, strength of schedule)(should have included total takeaways in some form).
Doesn't mean a whole lot, and much of that was a function of their 6 game win streak, but it was surprising to me, as a fan who pretty much summarizes Green Bay by saying "uh oh Rodgers is somewhat dangerous...".

Line is up from about -3.5 to about -4.5-5 last i'd checked
Their defense is not good. It is subpar. Football Outsiders have them as the 20th best defense. In raw numbers, they are tied for 26th in yards/play against (at 5.9). Opposing QBs have a rating of 96 against them this year, which makes them 26th vs the pass. They have done a couple things well: 6th in QB sacks, and 11th in turnovers forced, all 10 of the turnovers forced occurred when Russell Wilson had the worst game of his life, and the second was against the Matt Barkley Experience in 2 degree weather. But besides stats, there's the matter of cluster injuries in the secondary.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #20
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Their defense is not good. It is subpar. Football Outsiders have them as the 20th best defense. In raw numbers, they are tied for 26th in yards/play against (at 5.9). Opposing QBs have a rating of 96 against them this year, which makes them 26th vs the pass. They have done a couple things well: 6th in QB sacks, and 11th in turnovers forced, all 10 of the turnovers forced occurred when Russell Wilson had the worst game of his life, and the second was against the Matt Barkley Experience in 2 degree weather. But besides stats, there's the matter of cluster injuries in the secondary.
You could see an undrafted rookie who signed as a WR and has been playing on the practice squad step in for some snaps at CB. The injuries last week have to impact how you look at their defense.

It's not an ideal situation.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #21
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
You mean the country. The rest of the world does not give a damn about american football.
So true.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #22
Robert Fischer
clean money

HOU-OAK = interesting match up, tough bet.

pro OAK = I REALLY want to take Oakland. Rookie QB FirstTimeStarter as well. He'll do fine. That alone makes for potential value.

pro HOU = some of that is cancelled out by HOU being a little bit better of an overall team. It hurts Oakland's value that they beat Hou in Mexico City. That game was relatively close, and the conditions were suspect.

I think the value involving the QB position and the better offense of Oakland are more important factors. I'm picking OAK+4 in the betting thread.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

looks like I was wrong about Oakland being fine in the passing game.

lucky to be down 20-7 at half.
Coaching has been very conservative. Cook has looked shaky.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #24
Secondbest

Osweiler is really bad. I think I saw Houston once or twice this year and I don't remember much but he's awful.Clowney looks like the player he was thought to be coming out of college.First team all-pro and he looks it.If they have to go to NE what are they going to do for points?
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #25
Secondbest

Talking about points my Giants may have trouble scoring.Hope the defense can GB under 20.Otherwise their in trouble.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #26
Valuist

Paul Richardson has made 3 sensational catches tonight for Seattle; 2 of them one handed. Looks like a star may have been born.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #27
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Talking about points my Giants may have trouble scoring.Hope the defense can GB under 20.Otherwise their in trouble.
They are going up against a very weak secondary that has been made worse due to cluster injuries. No excuses for them not to win.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #28
ebcorde
Veteran

COOL THREAD

My Team Played Cowboy, Giants 2x and the Packers (at home).

AFC Pats easy

NFC Seattle or GB. Rogers is on fire.
Dallas 2 rookies in the backfield? I'd bet against.

My Team (Eagles) sucks no WR's. But we should have beaten Dallas 2x.(first game coach's DUMB call late in 4th took us out of easy FG range and a rookie RB fumble late) we would have had 10 point lead with 3 min left. we Lost in OT.

Same with Giants, should have won both , DUMB coach tries 2 4th down GO FOR IT in the first half!!!! IN FG RANGE TOO WTF. , He lost both. we lose by 6 pts.

But Man, Rogers KILLED the Eagles. I think that's when GB got Hot.

Super Bowl Seattle or GB. Again Rogers is on fire.

oh first Round always seems predicable.

Last edited by ebcorde; 01-07-2017 at 11:13 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #29
Secondbest

Atlanta opened as a 4 point favorite over Seattle.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #30
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Atlanta opened as a 4 point favorite over Seattle.
really? Defense looked good today. Penn Charter's Matty Ice has to get er done. That will be a game worth watching.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply