Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Samsung A 10.1 Tablet

Saw it in a store today. Tried to sign in to DRF but it went right to DRF Tablet, which I don't like. I like the Formulator that I see on my laptop. I'm told and have experienced that you need Adobe Flash to access the "normal" version of Formulator.

1) I contacted Samsung, they said you can not download Adobe Flash on their tablet

2) I googled it and found multiple vidoes that say you can.

Which one is true?

Anyone on here been through this? I want DRF Formulator on my tablet and refuse to buy a tablet unless I can use Formulator (and see it exactly the way I do on my laptop).

Formulator (normal version) users, what tablet do you use?

I had a surface 2, it broke twice, I refuse to fix it again. Want a new something.

Can you help a tech idiot out please?

Last edited by EMD4ME; 12-23-2016 at 08:17 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
kingfin66
Bombardier

I don't use Formulator so I cannot speak to how it will work on a tablet. I do own a Samsung tablet and am generally very happy with it. One thing that you should keep in mind is that Chrome has a box that you can check to see the desktop version of any site. I do this with many sites when the mobile version comes up. The nice thing is that Chrome remembers the setting for each site.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
I don't use Formulator so I cannot speak to how it will work on a tablet. I do own a Samsung tablet and am generally very happy with it. One thing that you should keep in mind is that Chrome has a box that you can check to see the desktop version of any site. I do this with many sites when the mobile version comes up. The nice thing is that Chrome remembers the setting for each site.
That is excellent information.

Where is this "box"? Is it on every site? Right click it? Where do I find it please? I'll test it tomorrow in the store, if I can.

Thank you!
Old 12-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #4
kingfin66
Bombardier

When you are in Chrome, look all the way to the right side of the screen (upper right). There are three vertical dots to indicate settings. Click on it to get the settings drop down. You should see a small box with the caption, Request Desktop.

More info at this link: http://www.techbout.com/request-desk...d-phone-17720/
Old 12-24-2016, 07:06 AM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Much obliged again !
Old 12-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
kingfin66
Bombardier

You're welcome. Good luck!