Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #61
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
Traynor,

Thanks for being upfront about not being able to participate due to time constraints and lack of interest.

I being part of a development group is restricted somewhat by proprietary agreement from the development a product outside of our group without permission, but I can collaborate (and I will) without violating that agreement.

Again, thanks for being upfront starting the thread.
Cratos - your inbox is full.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #62
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I figured the aforementioned 3. Was looking for a bit more detail.
You'll never get an answer. He's full of it. He reappeared after taking his usual lengthy sabbatical after getting caught telling tales. I missed him and his story telling. It is at least entertaining.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #63
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You'll never get an answer. He's full of it. He reappeared after taking his usual lengthy sabbatical after getting caught telling tales. I missed him and his story telling. It is at least entertaining.

At my advanced age, I am a bit forgetful. Can you remind me of the details of that lie please?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #64
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
At my advanced age, I am a bit forgetful. Can you remind me of the details of that lie please?
I don't remember which one it was this time. This wasn't the first act of this play.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #65
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't remember which one it was this time. This wasn't the first act of this play.
Honor Code?

$250,000 wager?

Or door #3?
Old 01-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #66
Cratos

Quote:
Honor Code?

$250,000 wager?

Or door #3?
In a response to “Saratoga Mike” (I believe) in 2015 I stated that me and my associates came together and wagered $200,000 on Dortmund over American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby. It was later stated that I make $200,000 wagers which I denied and still deny; although the wager on Dortmund is true and is not a “tale” as your esteemed authoritarian moderator want to claim.

Also, the other falsehood by the moderator is that I took a sabbatical from the Forum which is also not true. I have been on this Forum for 13 years and have slightly less than 1 post per day. I do go away during winter months because I don’t play Aqueduct, but this year I came back around this time hoping to read a lively discussion about the Pegasus World Cup with Chrome and Arrogate.

I came to this thread because the poster, “Traynor” had suggested the idea of a collaborative effort to publicly develop software for pace analysis. I liked idea and wanted to contribute if it didn’t violate any proprietary agreement which I am party too.

Furthermore, I find it mystifying that the moderator delete posts at will and adults come to an online forum (and not just this one) and exhibit dysfunctional behavior in anonymity.

Therefore, believe my posts or not; it is your right and this my last comment on this subject, but if this thread turn into a “Jerry Springer Show” type thread my contributions will stop.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #67
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Is this how you intend to participate in this project? These types of statements and associated behavior detract from discussion in the thread and decrease the chance that persons that are actually interested would participate, you are discouraging team building both directly and indirectly from the entire community - regardless of where you are directing some angst. There is already some communication outside this thread to discuss the scope of this project which includes objective testing of any algorithm(s) that are provided by contributors making them verifiable.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:23 PM   #68
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY
Is this how you intend to participate in this project? These types of statements and associated behavior detract from discussion in the thread and decrease the chance that persons that are actually interested would participate, you are discouraging team building both directly and indirectly from the entire community - regardless of where you are directing some angst. There is already some communication outside this thread to discuss the scope of this project which includes objective testing of any algorithm(s) that are provided by contributors making them verifiable.
I'm done here, good luck with the project.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #69
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
In a response to “Saratoga Mike” (I believe) in 2015 I stated that me and my associates came together and wagered $200,000 on Dortmund over American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby. It was later stated that I make $200,000 wagers which I denied and still deny; although the wager on Dortmund is true and is not a “tale” as your esteemed authoritarian moderator want to claim.

Also, the other falsehood by the moderator is that I took a sabbatical from the Forum which is also not true. I have been on this Forum for 13 years and have slightly less than 1 post per day. I do go away during winter months because I don’t play Aqueduct, but this year I came back around this time hoping to read a lively discussion about the Pegasus World Cup with Chrome and Arrogate.

I came to this thread because the poster, “Traynor” had suggested the idea of a collaborative effort to publicly develop software for pace analysis. I liked idea and wanted to contribute if it didn’t violate any proprietary agreement which I am party too.

Furthermore, I find it mystifying that the moderator delete posts at will and adults come to an online forum (and not just this one) and exhibit dysfunctional behavior in anonymity.

Therefore, believe my posts or not; it is your right and this my last comment on this subject, but if this thread turn into a “Jerry Springer Show” type thread my contributions will stop.
Good luck with your project sir
Old 01-16-2017, 09:10 PM   #70
traynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMartin
If there is a place for VBA, I might be able to contribute. In fact, I am pretty sure the whole thing could be written in Excel.
Do you use Excel for handicapping, or just for records?
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #71
traynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
I think that my understanding of this project is quite fuzzy and if you can provide some more information it might become easier to decide whether if I am interesting or not.

(1) You are mentioning that you have a lot of code. Is there any repository that we can read it and getting a feeling of it?

(2) Do you have any design documents viewing the project from a high level?

(3) Answering to a poster you said that your code has a lot of VB code, something that probably needs to be changed if you want to attract the interest of the open source community who traditionally is allergic to anything coming out of Microsoft.

(4) This kind of a project needs close communication among the team members and definitely cannot be managed in the way you are suggesting in your PM. You say that you rarely use phones, PMs, or personal email, if this is the case you probably need to forget all about open source development, which is based in frequent scrums, on line messengers, skype sessions, one2ones etc.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...to-windows-10/

"Canonical and Microsoft are doing this because Ubuntu on Windows' target audience is developers, not desktop users. In particular, as Microsoft and Canonical continue to work more closely together on cloud projects, I expect to find tools that will make it easy for programmers to use Ubuntu to write programs for Ubuntu on the Azure cloud.

So is this MS-Linux? No. Is it a major step forward in the integration of Windows and Linux on the developer desktop? Yes, yes it is."

I think it is going to be a whole new world. Soon. Anti-Microsoft sentiment is going to be as outmoded as COBOL.

Last edited by traynor; 01-16-2017 at 09:21 PM.
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2017, 03:17 PM   #72
bpiets
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
Oh no! You have put my on ignore?? What a disaster!

...huh ???...you lost even with all this info input ??? !!!!! lol...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #73
BCOURTNEY

If you have not already, and are interested in participating in the project in some capacity and you have a skill set or role in mind to participate in the software development process send me a private message, you will need to provide contact information to facilitate discussions going forward. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #74
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY
If you have not already, and are interested in participating in the project in some capacity and you have a skill set or role in mind to participate in the software development process send me a private message, you will need to provide contact information to facilitate discussions going forward. Thanks.
Are you receiving my PMs?

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 01:49 AM   #75
JJMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by traynor
Do you use Excel for handicapping, or just for records?
I use it for everything. The program I built, assembles the pp files including results files. I can then run a single file through one of multiples models, or build a database to back test a model against a whole year of data or whatever range I choose to use. Mostly I use it for the latter. I try to automate to the absolute maximum.
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply