Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 3.30 average.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #31
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I don't see the upside of threads like these. Without late scratches that might impact the way a race is run, bias insights developed while seeing the first few races run, and late odds, there's almost no chance of showing a profit long term selecting every single race. So what's the point? Maybe it would make more sense to watch the show and chart any time he says he's actually making a play. Personally though, I don't think that's the value of the show either. No one catches everything. The value of the show is in the insights he brings to the table that other handicappers may have missed or the times he is pushing something that may impact the odds, but you disagree with him.

Agree, this is a poor excuse for a thread. Whether Andy has a positive ROI for the inner track meet or not this year, whatever, doesn't mean anything. He's already a proven commodity in his field of expertise.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Cherry picking an 0-8 day to start smells a little funny.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #33
thaskalos

If the ROI of the other public handicappers were readily available and we could compare TLG to someone else...then I could perhaps understand the point of this thread. But as it stands right now...I honestly can't see what the expectation is here. Is TLG expected to show a positive ROI while making a selection in every race?

Would EMD4ME have started this thread if TLG had gone 5 out of 8 in that initial race-day?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Would EMD4ME have started this thread if TLG had gone 5 out of 8 in that initial race-day?
Of course he wouldn't have.

And he wouldn't have started this thread if TLG hadn't made one of EMD's patented "fixed races," a trip & trap on the show...

EMD seems a little too petty at this point. He must be one helluva handicapper to succeed with all this ego baggage hanging over his head.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

And he wouldn't have started this thread if TLG hadn't made one of EMD's patented "fixed races," a trip & trap on the show...

EMD seems a little too petty at this point. He must be one helluva handicapper to succeed with all this ego baggage hanging over his head.
He does get too emotional at times. Makes one wonder how he handles a prolonged losing streak.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #36
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

He is the most polarizing person on here. I honestly miss the other Andy thread and he is the person to follow in terms of public handicappers. I totally agree. His insights into a bias or a trip note or dynamics are way more valuable than a selection.

After his excellent accomplishment at the SPA this summer , a place where a great capper can lose their shirt, I thought it would be a good idea to track the inner meet stats as well. I wouldve started it wed but got caught up in other endeavors.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #37
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Cherry picking an 0-8 day to start smells a little funny.
I can see that. That's why I asked if anyone had wed-sat picks as well.

Forgive me. I was a little late but not done intentionally.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You like to tell us how busy your life is...from your real job to your mom...how most of your free time is spent watching races, taking notes, handicapping, etc. etc.

But now all of a sudden, you have time to track Andy's picks...ok then.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #39
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
If the ROI of the other public handicappers were readily available and we could compare TLG to someone else...then I could perhaps understand the point of this thread. But as it stands right now...I honestly can't see what the expectation is here. Is TLG expected to show a positive ROI while making a selection in every race?

1)Yes. I would have.

2) so its OK to discuss Saratoga roi but not aqu inner roi?

Help me understand that please
Old 12-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #40
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
You like to tell us how busy your life is...from your real job to your mom...how most of your free time is spent watching races, taking notes, handicapping, etc. etc.

But now all of a sudden, you have time to track Andy's picks...ok then.
I asked for volunteers as I know he is loved. Figured Id have no problem securing a volunteer or two.

Even more important, I was hoping someone would also point out why he liked certain winners.

Oh shoot me. How dare I try and start a thread based upon discussion of horse races
Old 12-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #41
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
He does get too emotional at times. Makes one wonder how he handles a prolonged losing streak.
Easy. I make sure I study harder and harder. Especially if the streak passes 2 days.

I think all of you are too emotional . In order to be involved in this game. You need ice water in your veins.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #42
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Actually I've thought of this thread since his excellent spa roi/meet.

I think its great that positives get glorified. Its good for the game..

Now, can all of you kindly stop the BS and let the thread serve its purpose please?

ROI tracking and discussions of horses running at NYRA throughout the winter meet please.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #43
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Agree, this is a poor excuse for a thread. Whether Andy has a positive ROI for the inner track meet or not this year, whatever, doesn't mean anything. He's already a proven commodity in his field of expertise.
You're 100% right. He doesn't need to prove a damn thing. He is the best on air capper in the industry.

This is about AQU inner track capping. I dont see the problem.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I asked for volunteers as I know he is loved. Figured Id have no problem securing a volunteer or two.

Even more important, I was hoping someone would also point out why he liked certain winners.

Oh shoot me. How dare I try and start a thread based upon discussion of horse races
Your whole premise is flawed. If anyone cared enough to start tracking his plays, it would have been done already...it's not like the board has only been around a year or two...

The only people who have EVER posted about tracking Andy's plays over the 17+ years this website has existed, haven't been people who love Andy. Quite the opposite. And even those people never went through with it...even they didn't hate him/care that much...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-12-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #45
Robert Fischer
clean money

ROI is such a small slice of Serling's job.

He could have a $1.50 ROI, or a $0.50 ROI, and it wouldn't have any noticeable impact on the quality of his show.