Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
FantasticDan
gelding

Police killing of Terence Crutcher

No gun seen, not acting violent or aggressive, had hands up, but.. shot dead in the back.

https://vimeopro.com/user18042709/se...olved-shooting

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...chieve-justice

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2799465
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

I watched some of the video from what I guess was the helicopter this morning. Some of the commentary was just ridiculous especially in light of the outcome. "That looks like a bad dude, too." Or some such nonsense. A big black guy with his hands up walking passively to his vehicle at gunpoint/taserpoint. A bad dude. Based on what? I can't see what, if anything, he does to warrant the taser, the gunshot, but I definitely didnt see anything to warrant being labeled "a bad dude". I think this attitude is maybe what people like Kapernickus are talking about.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Every time someone on this board posts about a terrorism event, especially one involving a suspect of ME heritage, you (and if not you, those like you) often times respond about how in the grand scheme of things, terrorist attacks aren't likely to kill you, and therefore don't warrant the level of discourse they attract both here and in the media.

So....with that said, should I say the same thing to you?

If you look at the stats, there doesn't seem to be the level of police killings of black people that supports your level of interest along with BLM and the liberal media.

Cops kill black people. Cops kill white people. Cops kill all kinds of different people. And those people are more likely than not involved in some sort of confrontation with the police. Those who are more in confrontation with the police are more likely to be involved in a fatal encounter than those who don't put themselves in the position to get into a confrontation with police. If you commit more crimes, the more chance you're gonna get killed by the cops versus the guy with no criminal record and no police encounters. It's really quite simple.

The killings that are deemed unjustified will be dealt with by the criminal and civil justice system. That's how it works.

How ya' like me now?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How ya' like me now?
Yeah, but that ruins the liberal narrative of the problem being exclusive to racist white cops killing and oppressing black people that in turn provokes anger and gets liberals elected.

There's a problem, but the problem and the perception of the problem are not identical.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
chadk66

Interesting this came up. I got a text from my brother this morning regarding this. He taught in Tulsa many years ago. One of his good teaching buddies knows this guy well and is a very good friend of his. I haven't seen the video or looked into this at all. But apparently this guy is a good dude. Or so I'm told. I hate to say this without researching it but according to this guy in Tulsa it isn't good for the cop.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In which case I hope she goes to jail for the longest time possible...and if they have the death penalty, I hope she's up for that too.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-20-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #7
Tor Ekman

Looks like the lady cop panicked over the prospect of having to subdue a physically imposing male suspect
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

Edited blank because I quoted someone who since edited his post to correct what my post was correcting.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yup...you guys are too quick for me...I corrected my post...
Old 09-20-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
How ya' like me now?
TRANSLATION: This topic does not follow the conservative narrative that I favor, so, being annoyed by its creation, I am going to challenge the basis for its discussion and undermine the topic in general, because I have no personal interest in it or the issues it raises.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
TRANSLATION: This topic does not follow the conservative narrative that I favor, so, being annoyed by its creation, I am going to challenge the basis for its discussion and undermine the topic in general, because I have no personal interest in it or the issues it raises.
I'll be sure to write the same thing to you the next time a person of ME heritage blows something up or hacks a cop with a machete.

I'm not annoyed by its creation. I'm just wondering what exactly you think should be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Should we disband every police department nationwide and start from scratch?

The stats I've seen don't seem to support that there is this huge problem. Kind of like the stats you and your ilk like to bandy about regarding terrorism by people of ME heritage.

How ya' like me now?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-20-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #12
Tor Ekman

Quote:
I'm just wondering what exactly you think should be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening.
A common sense start would be a return to certain physical size and strength benchmarks as a prerequisite for admission into any police academy, with no watering down to met PC hiring requirements. It's laughable to see some of the diminutive women and out of shape men on the NYPD force. A cop should be able to subdue the baddest of suspects without resorting to his weapon unless confronted with mortal danger.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
I'll be sure to write the same thing to you the next time a person of ME heritage blows something up or hacks a cop with a machete.
You can write the same thing to me if and when I take issue with the thread. Better yet, the next time someone starts a thread about a "terrorist", you can challenge them on the same grounds you did me..
Old 09-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm just using your own weapon against you in this particular instance for illustration.

I have no problem with you or this thread. If I did, I'd ban you or delete the thread...never gonna happen.

Carry on...
Old 09-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #15
thaskalos

No surprise here. Let's move on...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: