Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #31
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist

But Del Rio deserves some blame. 3rd and goal from the 1 late in the game. Carr has struggled all game, the receivers have dropped 6 or 7 passes, it's 20 degrees and the ball is like a brick. And the Chief run defense couldn't stop Latavius Murray all game. RUN THE DAMN BALL! Instead they throw the awful fade which was a disaster. They line up on 4th and goal, jump offsides and the ball is moved to the 6. Now the HAVE to throw. We see how that turned out.
100% agree. Good call.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #32
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This is when the RAIDERS take a knee...when their coach tells them to take a knee...not when the National Anthem is playing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAIDERS.JPG (29.0 KB, 80 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2016, 10:57 PM   #33
MutuelClerk

Another big win. Not sure this qualifies as a road win. Listening to the game it sounded like a home game. Doesn't matter. PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!! To really advance deep I think our receivers need to hold on to the ball. I'd like to run the ball better in the red zone. The defense is playing much better. Good sign. Thank you Jack Del Rio. Thank you Reggie. This once very proud franchise is walking tall again. Hope we go all Buford Pusser in the playoffs!!!!
Old 12-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #34
MutuelClerk

Nice pics Greg. Did you go?
Old 12-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #35
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Nice pics Greg. Did you go?
No--watched on TV, MC.....it was down in SD. I feel their pain, their team is lousy and they're threatening to move---why would anyone bother going? Whole stadium was full of Raider fans. They didn't even introduce the home team individually, as is the normal practice.

They just announced---"Now here are your San Diego Chargersss" ....and the Chargers came on the field.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:45 AM   #36
lamboguy

its been a long wait for us Raider fans, but its sweet to be back in the playoffs.

if only Al Davis was on this earth to finally see a winning type teem. he must be watching though, because that man's spirit is immortal.

the Raiders will win another superbowl by the end of this decade!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #37
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Anyone know who gets #1 seed between Raider and Pats if they end up tied at the end of the reg season? What is the first tiebreaker. Thx.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Anyone know who gets #1 seed between Raider and Pats if they end up tied at the end of the reg season? What is the first tiebreaker. Thx.
Head to head then conference record.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #39
Bennie

I believe that I heard them say last night on one of the sports networks, maybe ESPN, that the Raiders get top spot if tied with the Pats. Don't hold me to this but gotta get past a very hot Andrew Luck and a vengeful Denver the last 2 weeks. Just win baby.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #40
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Head to head then conference record.
Thanks
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #41
MutuelClerk

Ugh....
Old 12-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #42
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Ugh....
Was just looking for this thread and you posted this one-word summary, M.C.

Without Derek Carr, it's obvious the Raiders are toast. McGloin isn't the guy you want back there. Easy to second-guess now, but there were better backup options available for a couple years now.

Oh well...we'll have to see how this plays out. Go Raiders!
Old 12-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #43
Secondbest

Tough break. Carr and Mariota . Double UGH
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #44
MutuelClerk

Carr's injury really sucks. I've been really enjoying this season. Not really thinking about the playoffs. Watching the Raiders begin to dismantle the Colts I started thinking, you know the Raiders might really do some damage in the playoffs. The defense is improving. The offense is pretty solid. My hopes were rising, then it all went away. One play, one injury. The season's been so much fun. Carr is a class act. I guess the only thing we can really hope for is Miami beating the cheating Patriots at home and the Raiders eke one out against the dastardly Broncos on the road. That gives us home field in the playoffs. I just don't think it's enough.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #45
Bennie

If the Raiders can avoid having to go to New England or Kansas City, depending how things line up, we might be able to squeak out a win or 2.
At least McGloin gets a game in before the playoffs start. Hopefully Denver doesn't chase him all day and he can get some good drives generated, even if we end up on the short end against the Broncos, he has to have a decent game and get some confidence.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply