Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
First, he gave me deja vu of a race where the roof almost broke from my screams of anguish as I watched others choke to give him the lead last year and he wired at huge odds. (moved up wide under stands while others choked their mounts to WWE death on a speed favoring course).

Second, he was not ready for the start when the bonehead starter hit the button as he was visibly shaking his head.

Third, he needs the lead, so good move by the jock in a comfortable early pace to go around and get it.

I see Dendrite as a TRAP, not a TRIP.

He lost his only chance to lead comfortably and then be able to "finish at his peak" with his start. I'll give him that.

Is he a play back to me? Nope. Unless he's 20/1 or so OR his field is putrid next time AND it's on the INNER TURF at the SPA.

I see his "ground loss" but it's not the worst type of ground loss. The race was paceless from the bell. He moved up under the stands in his win last year and was wide on the clubhouse turn last year when he "won". This recent race was worse BUT he proved he can overcome a similar trip.

The 1st quarter was comfortable. If he would've moved up, last to first in a solid or even average 1st quarter, I'd give him some more credence. Was loose and comfortable thereafter, just couldn't keep up with foes.

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.
Very nice notes. I think the starter had a hold of him when the gates opened and should have been a non-starter. I agree he is a trap, not interested in betting him back.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Very nice notes. I think the starter had a hold of him when the gates opened and should have been a non-starter. I agree he is a trap, not interested in betting him back.
Thank you.

Yesterday, race 3, the 6. Should've been a non starter.

Very minute fraction of a second hold by the assistant starter but cost a confirmed NEED THE LEADER his best chance at a placing.

Am I calling for his head? No. Just saying rewatch the replay. Deserves another shot in a paceless race.

P.S. Watch his assistant starter's left hand. It was the only left hand that was still on the horse's mouth, 1/2-3/4 seconds after all other assistant starter's release their assignments.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 07-26-2016 at 06:07 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 03:52 AM   #18
v j stauffer

Quote:
Thank you.

Yesterday, race 3, the 6. Should've been a non starter.

Very minute fraction of a second hold by the assistant starter but cost a confirmed NEED THE LEADER his best chance at a placing.

Am I calling for his head? No. Just saying rewatch the replay. Deserves another shot in a paceless race.

P.S. Watch his assistant starter's left hand. It was the only left hand that was still on the horse's mouth, 1/2-3/4 seconds after all other assistant starter's release their assignments.
Didn't see this particular start so can't comment specifically. But sometime an assistants hand will come off after all the others were turned loose. That alone cannot be an automatic reason for a non starter. When the stewards watch that tape the first thing they look into is who is at fault causing the assistant to be late in releasing the horse. If in their opinion the horse was the cause and the bridle holding a result of it's acting up. There ends any consideration of the horse being declared a non-starter.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #19
olddaddy

Why cant racing here be like European/Asian racing with no assistant starters in stalls, it would stop situations like this.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #20
lamboguy

Quote:
First, he gave me deja vu of a race where the roof almost broke from my screams of anguish as I watched others choke to give him the lead last year and he wired at huge odds. (moved up wide under stands while others choked their mounts to WWE death on a speed favoring course).

Second, he was not ready for the start when the bonehead starter hit the button as he was visibly shaking his head.

Third, he needs the lead, so good move by the jock in a comfortable early pace to go around and get it.

I see Dendrite as a TRAP, not a TRIP.

He lost his only chance to lead comfortably and then be able to "finish at his peak" with his start. I'll give him that.

Is he a play back to me? Nope. Unless he's 20/1 or so OR his field is putrid next time AND it's on the INNER TURF at the SPA.

I see his "ground loss" but it's not the worst type of ground loss. The race was paceless from the bell. He moved up under the stands in his win last year and was wide on the clubhouse turn last year when he "won". This recent race was worse BUT he proved he can overcome a similar trip.

The 1st quarter was comfortable. If he would've moved up, last to first in a solid or even average 1st quarter, I'd give him some more credence. Was loose and comfortable thereafter, just couldn't keep up with foes.

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.
you have a tremendous eye and understand the intricacies of this game. if anyone happens to pay attention to your posts they can make money. i can see its no accident that you hit the big tickets either.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #21
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
you have a tremendous eye and understand the intricacies of this game. if anyone happens to pay attention to your posts they can make money. i can see its no accident that you hit the big tickets either.
Its a humbling game Lambo. Thanks for motivating me though
Old 07-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #22
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Didn't see this particular start so can't comment specifically. But sometime an assistants hand will come off after all the others were turned loose. That alone cannot be an automatic reason for a non starter. When the stewards watch that tape the first thing they look into is who is at fault causing the assistant to be late in releasing the horse. If in their opinion the horse was the cause and the bridle holding a result of it's acting up. There ends any consideration of the horse being declared a non-starter.
Appreciate the response Vic.

Question: Is anyone monitoring gate crew performance? Just curious if someone recaps, at the end of the day/week, who did a great job and who didn't.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:49 AM   #23
v j stauffer

Quote:
Appreciate the response Vic.

Question: Is anyone monitoring gate crew performance? Just curious if someone recaps, at the end of the day/week, who did a great job and who didn't.
Sure. The starter. He's a racing official. A GM/Head Coach.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #24
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

More like a position coach, in my opinion. One part of the whole.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #25
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
More like a position coach, in my opinion. One part of the whole.
Not if you look at the front page of the program listing officials.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Sure. The starter. He's a racing official. A GM/Head Coach.
Thank you Vic. Is there anyone judging their overall performance?

Also, is there someone I can write to, to help them see what they possibly missed in judging their performance? (that would actually care-if you think it's a waste of an e-mail or letter, please say so).

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:30 AM   #27
v j stauffer

Quote:
Thank you Vic. Is there anyone judging their overall performance?

Also, is there someone I can write to, to help them see what they possibly missed in judging their performance? (that would actually care-if you think it's a waste of an e-mail or letter, please say so).

Thanks in advance.
The starter would be the first to approach if you feel his crew is underachieving.

If you are not satisfied with that. The starter's boss is the Director of Racing.

Last edited by v j stauffer; 07-29-2016 at 05:45 AM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 07:46 AM   #28
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
The starter would be the first to approach if you feel his crew is underachieving.

If you are not satisfied with that. The starter's boss is the Director of Racing.
Good to know. Thanks again Vic