Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-23-2016, 06:06 AM   #46
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
To my knowledge he hasn't said anything. I assume the horse will be examined and that will be used for or against him. We'll see. What I am saying is if a horse has so many issues that it is possible it can't be ridden from start to finish the horse shouldn't be racing. The sport needs to do better.
I agree with you here, CJ. But unfortunately this is how the bad side of our game works. There are just to many situations where a trainer/owner are dumping one horses problems hopefully off to another via claim. Many times horses are injected and blocked for this purpose with no thought of either horse or jockeys lives on the line. The last thing on there mind is the betting public.Yes pathetic. The part that confuses me is the agent/rider accepting this mount after a dismal effort and the plunge to the bottom. What kind of story could the trainer have given him to ensure confidence that the horse was ok and to be ridden confidently. Whole thing looks bad, but i think it will be blown over without much repercussion.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #47
chadk66

odds are there is nothing physically wrong with the horse. simply mental. extremely green and numerous things he/she didn't like in that race.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #48
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
odds are there is nothing physically wrong with the horse. simply mental. extremely green and numerous things he/she didn't like in that race.

The head-on shows a different story and I feel exonerates the jockey. The break had the 1 veering out pinching back the 2, causing the poor start. At the top od the stretch, Tizthedream was running well and looked like it could get 2nd or win, but then something happened. In the last 100 yards, the horse carriage changed and veered out about 8 lanes - possibly left front leg.

Would the stewards also call in a jockey who was in the hospital because the horse they were riding broke down at the finish line?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 01:14 PM   #49
Not4Love
not4love

Shoot Craps

1st out was Pulled by Castanon. Second start goes to belmont and wins breaking the track record for 6f on the Turf. Still holds the record!
Old 07-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #50
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
The head-on shows a different story and I feel exonerates the jockey. The break had the 1 veering out pinching back the 2, causing the poor start. At the top od the stretch, Tizthedream was running well and looked like it could get 2nd or win, but then something happened. In the last 100 yards, the horse carriage changed and veered out about 8 lanes - possibly left front leg.

Would the stewards also call in a jockey who was in the hospital because the horse they were riding broke down at the finish line?
the horse obviously spooked or balked at something. I guess if you've never ridden these critters it's something one doesn't understand. Some look for excuses to spook, etc.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #51
Track Phantom

Quote:
the horse obviously spooked or balked at something. I guess if you've never ridden these critters it's something one doesn't understand. Some look for excuses to spook, etc.
That's a bit unfair. Most of us on here have seen many thousands of races and know what action is common and what isn't.

The issue isn't just that the horse spooked. It's the totality of the entire ride. Slow start, 6 wide the entire time, no hand movement in the stretch despite the horse tugging him into contention, yanking him out of contention at the height of the real running, etc.

I think there is a possibility that the horse wasn't totally right and that he shied away from a runner that looked like he was going to come over late. But there sure are times in that ride that it looked like the intention was to keep him off the board. I really don't know either way.

I've always felt the easiest way to fix a race is to stiff the big favorite in a small field. The easiest way to really know is to look at the betting patterns. If I had a print out of the bets (size and frequency) and locations where they came from, I could tell if there was something fishy.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #52
KidCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
That's a bit unfair. Most of us on here have seen many thousands of races and know what action is common and what isn't.

The issue isn't just that the horse spooked. It's the totality of the entire ride. Slow start, 6 wide the entire time, no hand movement in the stretch despite the horse tugging him into contention, yanking him out of contention at the height of the real running, etc.

I think there is a possibility that the horse wasn't totally right and that he shied away from a runner that looked like he was going to come over late. But there sure are times in that ride that it looked like the intention was to keep him off the board. I really don't know either way.

I've always felt the easiest way to fix a race is to stiff the big favorite in a small field. The easiest way to really know is to look at the betting patterns. If I had a print out of the bets (size and frequency) and locations where they came from, I could tell if there was something fishy.

Exactly. By the logic of some people in this thread, horses at the lowest level of racing are immune from suspicion because there are questions about soundness. That is patently unfair and opens the entire country up to manipulation that will ruin the game.

Spooked by something, unsound, reacted to one whip bad, worried about a horse veering out. All the excuses have become such commonplace. It is nice that this one will at least be investigated. Maybe there is nothing untoward but at least it will be looked at.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #53
chadk66

Quote:

I've had the pleasure of both watching thousands of races and galloping/working them thousands of miles. Anyone that has ridden them even a reasonable amount fully understands what happened. I would love to stick you on one of these animals, jack the stirrups up that high and just let you ride him around in the barn. I bet a franklin you don't stay on long But then you'd understand
Old 07-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #54
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I've had the pleasure of both watching thousands of races and galloping/working them thousands of miles. Anyone that has ridden them even a reasonable amount fully understands what happened. I would love to stick you on one of these animals, jack the stirrups up that high and just let you ride him around in the barn. I bet a franklin you don't stay on long But then you'd understand
These are always the lamest posts. You don't have to know how to ride a horse to know a fishy ride. I'm just glad to see stewards actually investigate. Maybe there is nothing to it, but this should be done a lot more often.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #55
no breathalyzer
Veteran

nothing to see here period!. ride wasn't that bad trust me .. i see rides that are way worse daily.. i said this in original thread. and gave a real example which the horse came back and won for fun,,, stewards are clowns. they never even called him in after that race
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #56
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew

Did you ever stop and think maybe the jockey on the 1 was in on it also. He maybe purposely came out so the 2 could be pinched back. Many fixed races involve more than one participant.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #57
Prairie Bettor

Quote:
If I had a print out of the bets (size and frequency) and locations where they came from, I could tell if there was something fishy.
So because I win big on a race it makes me a criminal? Nice...
Prairie Bettor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #58
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Did you ever stop and think maybe the jockey on the 1 was in on it also. He maybe purposely came out so the 2 could be pinched back. Many fixed races involve more than one participant.
These posts are just as tiresome as the "if you ever rode a horse you'd understand" posts because while I'm sure there are conspiracies in every sport, if you really believe this you should never bet another race (or you're a moron for doing so).
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #59
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
These posts are just as tiresome as the "if you ever rode a horse you'd understand" posts because while I'm sure there are conspiracies in every sport, if you really believe this you should never bet another race (or you're a moron for doing so).
Where did I say the race was fixed? He was saying the break was legit, I was pointing out another scenario. If you bet horse racing you accept that from time to time a race is not on the up and up. Sometimes you are the beneficiary and sometimes you are not. They all even out in the long run.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #60
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
I'd rather the trainer get on the back of his own "unsound horse" and see if he'd be willing to ride it in the race. Players have every single right to bitch if any "unsound" horse is ever on the track. It's just bulls*hit that unsound horses are even sent over. Pisses me off and I would never defend it in any way.

Well in this game there are trainers that dont have a fawkin clue about the soundness of a horse. Hell some trainers dont even feed hay of alfalfa to the horse. So there are some horses that get sent over that are stone crippled. Whats the solution? i dont know.
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply