Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Wonderlander
Apprentice

BETFAIR JOKE IN RUNNING

Wow they have sunk to a new low. No interest at all in making the in play, playable. Odds are all low if anything. Another great part of the site for customers. Bet well the race is on.. as long as u want to take 2-1 on a 10-1 after 10 secs into the race and 1.01 at the top of the stretch. WTF is that?
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
Wonderlander
Apprentice

what they do is they blink fake odds once in awhile but dont keep them long enough for anyone to match. Like 1/10 of a sec.
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz

I wish them well, but doubt that it will be what people hope for it to be.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I think you might not be understanding the prices correctly, i.e. they aren't the same as # to 1 odds, but since I'm not in New Jersey I can't confirm.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
Wow they have sunk to a new low. No interest at all in making the in play, playable. Odds are all low if anything. Another great part of the site for customers. Bet well the race is on.. as long as u want to take 2-1 on a 10-1 after 10 secs into the race and 1.01 at the top of the stretch. WTF is that?

It's called an "in play" wager; you can bet races and sporting events after they have started. Such wagers are banned in Australia, as the government feels that they're too addicting. All Australian-licensed sports books (most also carry fixed odds on racing) are barred from offering such bets, and betting exchanges (i.e. Betfair) are barred from allowing them to be accessed by Australian customers.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
Well, why don't you play the other side and lay the horses?

There are people who use computer programs to induce bad bets. It is difficult to get away from betting 1 horse to win - few people can handle betting all horses to lose,
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think you might not be understanding the prices correctly, i.e. they aren't the same as # to 1 odds, but since I'm not in New Jersey I can't confirm.
Can anyone comment how the exchange wagering is working out in Jersey ? Haven't heard much about it.

Z
Old 07-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #8
pandy

I was a Betfair customer years ago before our gov't blocked us, in this free country. It was great, but there are always going to be people that don't like good things. Heck, there are people that don't like ice cream.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 07:58 AM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This guy's only posts are to complain you can't get good odds during the running of the race. He doesn't seem to understand that if you can find a bet on the horse up by 3 lengths halfway through the race, you're going to get 1-50 odds. I've gotten bets down at that point, and it's usually something where you win pennies on the dollar. It's not a conspiracy; people just aren't stupid enough to give a price on an obvious winner.

Last edited by castaway01; 07-04-2016 at 08:08 AM.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #10
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
Can anyone comment how the exchange wagering is working out in Jersey ? Haven't heard much about it.

Z
I watched an interview with a Betfair management guy, and he said they're very pleased with the numbers. They claimed it brought a lot of people to the NJBets site who hadn't used it before or hadn't used it in several years. They didn't give any hard numbers though.

As far as how it's working in a literal sense, the times I've used the site I haven't had any problems with it. I've been pleasantly surprised. To be honest, it's pretty great. If you want good win prices, you can often get double the eventual final track odds. The big drawback is that they haven't been able to convince most major tracks to join, so if you don't like places like Prairie Meadows, Woodbine, or Charles Town (or of course Monmouth and the Meadowlands) you're out of luck.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #11
pandy

He's the guy who started the TVG disgraceful thread. Yeah, that sucks, two TV channels that show horse races all day and night 365 days a year. One of the few dreams of mine that actually came true. I remember many afternoons leaving Aqueduct and getting on the parking lot they call the Belt Pkwy, taking an hour to drive the 20 miles home.

Betfair can be an awesome thing. Hopefully the rest of the racing establishment will climb aboard, but unfortunately the industry is slow to change.

Last edited by pandy; 07-04-2016 at 08:13 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #12
upthecreek

He's the guy who started the TVG disgraceful thread.

He's absolutely right about that They claim to be America's horse racing network, and all the want is for you to keep pushing $ thru their ADW
Their TV coverage SUCKS
Most of their hosts SUCK
They never ,ever address or mention any problems in racing,like the Tam/GP issue,cheating trainers and crooked jockeys
Customer service is terrible ,Derby Day Fiasco,I haven't been able to access TVG 2 HD on the 4NJbets website since the Derby and they've done nothing to correct it
TVG
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
upthecreek

Queens Plate

Forgot to mention TVG was forced to show part of the Queens Plate in a double box Why? Because the 9th @ GP was going off @ the same time WTF?
And GP delayed the start of the 9th by at least 5 mins and started loading as soon as WO did
I'm sure it was planned
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #14
Seabiscuit@AR

Betfair in running is a joke because on track players have an advantage of several seconds over those watching on TV. This is why liquidity is poor and falling on in running all over the place

Having said that, there is nothing to stop a player asking for 10-1 or 12-1 or even 100-1 on a 10-1 shot. If the best price offered by the layers is 2-1 on a 10-1 shot you don't have to accept this but can request any price you like up to 1000-1. No guarantee your order will be filled but sometimes it will be

Horses hitting 1.01 at the top of the stretch might be due to the delay as top of the stretch on TV would likely mean the horses are close to the finish line at the track
Seabiscuit@AR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I watched an interview with a Betfair management guy, and he said they're very pleased with the numbers. They claimed it brought a lot of people to the NJBets site who hadn't used it before or hadn't used it in several years. They didn't give any hard numbers though.
That's wonderful. I really root for an alternative to what we have, if for no other reason that it may motivate tracks to take notice of the problems.

Not sure how we get an exotics-oriented customer base to concentrate only on win bets, but will try to keep an open mind.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply