Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #31
mikesal57
Registered User
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 2,109
Rep Power: 18 mikesal57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
This is as close as you or I are ever going to get to Sophia

False Advertising!!!

You suck
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #32
whodoyoulike
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,428
Rep Power: 0 whodoyoulike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
I did, and the results were not worth following. I find when you get 100-200 races in at the same track, you get a pretty good idea. I use pace-view and have another program that I also track and both had a tough week last week. I will keep posting on the results from PV.
Hopefully, you have your results in a spreadsheet type of database. It's unfair to only view the results in total. You probably need to stratify your info e.g., mdns, cl, alw and stakes etc., maybe even by purse value within those levels or in total.

If you just want to use the results in total then maybe determining what is an acceptable win% and/or ROI IMO. The way you're presenting the results appears to be misleading. Maybe a win % greater than say 33% (or whatever) is good and less than that is poor. I'm uncertain what an acceptable ROI would be betting every race. Again, just some thoughts to make your presentation more informative and useful.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-17-2016 at 07:03 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #33
NorCalGreg
 
NorCalGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oakland, Ca
Posts: 6,043
Rep Power: 10 NorCalGreg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Hopefully, you have your results in a spreadsheet type of database. It's unfair to only view the results in total. You probably need to stratify your info e.g., mdns, cl, alw and stakes etc., maybe even by purse value within those levels or in total.

If you just want to use the results in total then maybe determining what is an acceptable win% and/or ROI IMO. The way you're presenting the results appears to be misleading. Maybe a win % greater than say 33% (or whatever) is good and less than that is poor. I'm uncertain what an acceptable ROI would be betting every race. Again, just some thoughts to make your presentation more informative and useful.
You realize green80 isn't involved in selling either of those two programs? He's kind enough to freely give his own compiled stats in whatever "presentation" he chooses.

Whodo--I would give you the program and data files if I thought you would "stratify" the results over a one month period in the formats you have requested of green80.
Problem is I doubt you could complete such a project---sorry

Any takers? NorCalGreg@Usa.Com
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #34
green80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Benton, La.
Posts: 1,506
Rep Power: 13 green80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Hopefully, you have your results in a spreadsheet type of database. It's unfair to only view the results in total. You probably need to stratify your info e.g., mdns, cl, alw and stakes etc., maybe even by purse value within those levels or in total.

If you just want to use the results in total then maybe determining what is an acceptable win% and/or ROI IMO. The way you're presenting the results appears to be misleading. Maybe a win % greater than say 33% (or whatever) is good and less than that is poor. I'm uncertain what an acceptable ROI would be betting every race. Again, just some thoughts to make yur presentation more informative and useful.
I'm trying to make this where it is not misleading. Anyone can get PV and do what I am doing. Bet the PV Best Bets for the day. If any followers do the same, we should get the same results.

I'm just trying to keep things simple and get enough races in my database to give a true sample. Like I said, I am just using PV's BEST BETS, that you get by clicking on 1 tab. These BB may be any kind of race, mdn, claiming, stakes, etc., long or short,that is the program's choice. I just bet them as they come out. This way everyone that does the same thing should get the same results. When we start selecting the "good ones" out of the best bets, that would leave too much to the skill of the user and take us away from the performance of the program. I'm trying to see how good the program is on all races, not just on state bred maiden fillies going a mile on the turf races. Who wants to wait all week on one of those to make a bet?

Really win percentage does not matter to me, it is the ROI., but neither should be misleading, you run the same cards thru PV and you should get the exact same figures.
green80 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #35
whodoyoulike
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,428
Rep Power: 0 whodoyoulike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
You realize green80 isn't involved in selling either of those two programs? He's kind enough to freely give his own compiled stats in whatever "presentation" he chooses.

Whodo--I would give you the program and data files if I thought you would "stratify" the results over a one month period in the formats you have requested of green80.
Problem is I doubt you could complete such a project---sorry

Any takers? NorCalGreg@Usa.Com
I realize green80 isn't involved. And, I wasn't trying to be critical of his attempt or of your program but, to have a more meaningful presentation of the info.

As presented what does it mean or will it mean?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #36
NorCalGreg
 
NorCalGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oakland, Ca
Posts: 6,043
Rep Power: 10 NorCalGreg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I realize green80 isn't involved. And, I wasn't trying to be critical of his attempt or of your program but, to have a more meaningful presentation of the info.

As presented what does it mean or will it mean?
Actually I have heard from a volunteer who will take a good long look--so we may get some results from him. My field tester, a paper and pencil man (like myself) has some encouraging results from Monmouth and Belmont.

The gist of his results are, like everything else...you've got to pick your spots.

LOL..he always says that---you can't just willy-nilly bet everything that comes down the pike . That's very true.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 10:14 PM   #37
whodoyoulike
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,428
Rep Power: 0 whodoyoulike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Actually I have heard from a volunteer who will take a good long look--so we may get some results from him. My field tester, a paper and pencil man (like myself) has some encouraging results from Monmouth and Belmont.

The gist of his results are, like everything else...you've got to pick your spots.

LOL..he always says that---you can't just willy-nilly bet everything that comes down the pike . That's very true.
So, you do understand what I was getting at with my earlier post. Green80's presentation wasn't going to provide enough info to determine in which spots to focus.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-17-2016 at 10:16 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #38
green80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Benton, La.
Posts: 1,506
Rep Power: 13 green80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
So, you do understand what I was getting at with my earlier post. Green80's presentation wasn't going to provide enough info to determine in which spots to focus.
Right now, I will just focus on the Best Bets at a single track. Later, when I get more data, I may focus on a certain type race if I see a trend, but for not I want to see how one comes out just playing the best bets.

PS. I am wagering real money on these Best Bets because everything seems to change when you start actually betting on these picks.
green80 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #39
whodoyoulike
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,428
Rep Power: 0 whodoyoulike is on a distinguished road
Okay. But, your presentation is similar to the 33% of favorites win the races at all tracks which has been that way (or a close % range because of field size) for as long as I can remember and that info hasn't helped anyone handicap a race. My suggestion was to maybe help you provide some meaningful info. I've gathered a lot of info on a number of things and try to determine if it's worthwhile to continue or if it's basically a dead end.

And, I realize you've stated in this thread and the other one you were betting real money. I agree that when the real money gets to a certain level your mind begins to affect your play.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #40
green80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Benton, La.
Posts: 1,506
Rep Power: 13 green80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Okay. But, your presentation is similar to the 33% of favorites win the races at all tracks which has been that way (or a close % range because of field size) for as long as I can remember and that info hasn't helped anyone handicap a race. My suggestion was to maybe help you provide some meaningful info. I've gathered a lot of info on a number of things and try to determine if it's worthwhile to continue or if it's basically a dead end.

And, I realize you've stated in this thread and the other one you were betting real money. I agree that when the real money gets to a certain level your mind begins to affect your play.
I can guarantee you that just betting the favorites is a losing way to go.

Although most of my winners are lower priced horses, you have to know which ones to play and what to pass. The only meaningful info I am trying to produce is to see if you can just bet the Best Bets as selected by Pace-View and come close to making any money.
green80 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #41
Pensacola Pete
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 729
Rep Power: 0 Pensacola Pete will become famous soon enoughPensacola Pete will become famous soon enough
I could understand somebody's concern if the program cost $1,000 or $500, or even $100. I don't see all of the fuss for $35. Several people have stated that the program is legitimate and does a good job of picking contenders that are often not the same ones that BRIS Prime or the tote board or the morning line pick.

The only way for somebody to be completely satisfied that the program works or doesn't work is to buy it and test it. What works for one person may not work for another.

I've tested the program. As far as I'm concerned i's legitimate. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have paid for it AFTER it was given to me for free to beta test JCP files. Others may do better, the same, or worse with it.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #42
bugboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: pa.
Posts: 404
Rep Power: 15 bugboy is on a distinguished road
TEST BEST PLAYS 7-20-16

TRK RACE PICK
FE 6 12
FPX 2 6
IND 3 9
PID 1 3


FE 7 1
FLX 1 2
FLX 7 3
FLX 8 4
FPX 6 5
MNR 3 2
MNR 5 7
MNR 6 1
MNR 9 7
PID 5 5
PID 7 4
PRX 1 1A
PRX 2 3
PRX 6 2
PRX 7 3

THESE ARE FROM A WELL KNOWN PROGRAM, I AM ONLY A LITTLE OLD HORSE PLAYER. JUST WANTED TO POST THESE PICKS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE 'CAPERS
bugboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #43
bugboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: pa.
Posts: 404
Rep Power: 15 bugboy is on a distinguished road
7-19 results

races played 18....after 1 scratch
amt. bet=36.00
races won=11=61%
amt won=56.00 +20.00 roi=1.55

not a great day, however there was a profit.
yes this was only 1 day.
only 18 races, now if it were 200 races with this outcome, that might make it a little more interesting.

good luck to all.
may all your photo finishes go your way.
bugboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #44
NorCalGreg
 
NorCalGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oakland, Ca
Posts: 6,043
Rep Power: 10 NorCalGreg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugboy
races played 18....after 1 scratch
amt. bet=36.00
races won=11=61%
amt won=56.00 +20.00 roi=1.55

not a great day, however there was a profit.
yes this was only 1 day.
only 18 races, now if it were 200 races with this outcome, that might make it a little more interesting.

good luck to all.
may all your photo finishes go your way.
That's a great day to me, bugboy. There's a guy in the other thread that wants 30% ROI over 2,500 races before he'll even CONSIDER buying my $35 program.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #45
mikesal57
Registered User
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 2,109
Rep Power: 18 mikesal57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugboy
TRK RACE PICK
FE 6 12
FPX 2 6
IND 3 9
PID 1 3


FE 7 1
FLX 1 2
FLX 7 3
FLX 8 4
FPX 6 5
MNR 3 2
MNR 5 7
MNR 6 1
MNR 9 7
PID 5 5
PID 7 4
PRX 1 1A
PRX 2 3
PRX 6 2
PRX 7 3

THESE ARE FROM A WELL KNOWN PROGRAM, I AM ONLY A LITTLE OLD HORSE PLAYER. JUST WANTED TO POST THESE PICKS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE 'CAPERS

I'm confused...are these PV selections?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What is your most successful handicapping trait/tool?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.