Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #46
jasperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Good question. Too often this is vague. Here are some match ups that I can guess.
  • best last race
  • best last 2
    best last 3
    best 2 of last 3
  • best last 2 of 4
    key match last 10
    many more
What i was trying to get at is do most handicappers select the best race that fits the race condition regardless of how far back it is. Then deal with the current form as reflected by the last race. I would have selected the last race because it shows that he is off form unless there was a comment that he had an excuse. He was in his proper condition and couldn't repeat his other efforts. If his last race was about equal to his other efforts on an artificial surface I would have selected one of his dirt races. Taking a race 5 to 7 races back means in today's world you would be taking a race that is a least 5 months ago. A lot can change over 5 months. Just my opinion
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #47
Tor Ekman

NCG - Took your brainchild for a spin at LA Downs today. In the 7th race, noticed a classic E1/E2 on the lead first call spot play AT A PRICE -- Cherishabull at 8-1 ML

Bet it to win and boxed it up in the exacta with top power Miss Blacktiequeen.

The gunned to the lead with pressing and around the track they went, put head out front at top of stretch but battled back gamely, neck and neck they ran to photo finish, with by a nose. Had to sweat an inquiry on the drifting out a bit before the wire, but all to the good.

paid $27.60
exacta paid $78.20

Paid for the software a few times over with that one. YOU THE MAN, NCG!!!

Last edited by Tor Ekman; 06-30-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 10:52 PM   #48
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
NCG - Took your brainchild for a spin at LA Downs today. In the 7th race, noticed a classic E1/E2 on the lead first call spot play AT A PRICE -- Cherishabull at 8-1 ML

Bet it to win and boxed it up in the exacta with top power Miss Blacktiequeen.

The gunned to the lead with pressing and around the track they went, put head out front at top of stretch but battled back gamely, neck and neck they ran to photo finish, with by a nose. Had to sweat an inquiry on the drifting out a bit before the wire, but all to the good.

paid $27.60
exacta paid $78.20

Paid for the software a few times over with that one. YOU THE MAN, NCG!!!

Glad to hear it, Tor...you're a good, decent man so that's just karma. I had a couple speed plays at Belmont today--nailed them both for $18 & $14.

I've been both winner and loser---winning's much better isn't it!
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2016, 07:29 AM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

LA has shown good promise so far......just saying, but really - Shhhhhhhhhh!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
I totally disagree with this comment. It assumes that every horse in the race is entered in an attempt to win. This is a complete misnomer.
No it isn't assuming a thing. The software would know exactly which horses are entered in an attempt to win. Like I said, everything that is to be known about the horse is entered and analyzed by this theoretical piece of software that will never exist in reality.

The output of such software will reflect exactly what the crowd reflects. All known information, mashed together in one little number...the odds.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #51
Capper Al

Quote:
Good question. Too often this is vague. Here are some match ups that I can guess.
  • best last race
  • best last 2
    best last 3
    best 2 of last 3
  • best last 2 of 4
    key match last 10
    many more
Jack,

The last one key means same type of distance and surface as today's race out of the last 10 races. Last race is a good form indicator even if not a key race.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #52
Capper Al

Okay, I ordered the CD. At the price, it was worth the risk. Hope the instructions are good and explain what the numbers are.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 07-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #53
acorn54

Quote:
Okay, I ordered the CD. At the price, it was worth the risk. Hope the instructions are good and explain what the numbers are.
CapperAL,even beavis and butthead can understand this program. it is elegant in it's simplicity. only received it last night and i am getting oriented to it, and will start with small real bets today. the only test that validates these software programs are when you go forward and wager actual money.
i have done "years of backtesting " with other software programs only to show losses when i start betting with real money.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #54
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54
CapperAL,even beavis and butthead can understand this program. it is elegant in it's simplicity. only received it last night and i am getting oriented to it, and will start with small real bets today. the only test that validates these software programs are when you go forward and wager actual money.
i have done "years of backtesting " with other software programs only to show losses when i start betting with real money.
That is amazing. I don't back test much anymore. Wouldn't want to miss a lucky streak.

Anatole France