Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 06-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

Pace View

In its infancy I know but was curious are most on the board as intrigued as I as this seems like a well done program. I do wish more emphasis was on horses racing against the race flow. ++ or - - for bris users or S and C for DRF. Would anyone like to comment on the program such as ease of use early success, spot plays Early Late ect. I think I will be ordering soon nice job NCG.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
In its infancy I know but was curious are most on the board as intrigued as I as this seems like a well done program. I do wish more emphasis was on horses racing against the race flow. ++ or - - for bris users or S and C for DRF. Would anyone like to comment on the program such as ease of use early success, spot plays Early Late ect. I think I will be ordering soon nice job NCG.
*ahem* ....I'd like to comment. I noticed you are a very careful shopper-- You ask around and get suggestions, recommendations, etc.

If you like spot plays---you can come up with a dozen of your own with this program. "Pace Flow" programs are probably more high end, Racey.

-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
Capper Al

This is not so easy of a topic. Pace at times seems only to have value as an elimination tool. Other times pace supports the winner. Determining what type of pace attribute to use is challenging also. The product you mentioned uses only the last two races. In my experience, there is more to pace than only the last races. I dropped key pp line pace and went back to it because I wasn't satisfied with using a non key race approach for pace. Other attributes such as speed work well without a key race pace.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

1. Buy the program
2. Move to Finger Lakes
3. Enjoy life!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
1. Buy the program
2. Move to Finger Lakes
3. Enjoy life!
Hi Tom,

Do you think the program is geared for early speed favoring tracks in general?

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
This is not so easy of a topic. Pace at times seems only to have value as an elimination tool. Other times pace supports the winner. Determining what type of pace attribute to use is challenging also. The product you mentioned uses only the last two races. In my experience, there is more to pace than only the last races. I dropped key pp line pace and went back to it because I wasn't satisfied with using a non key race approach for pace. Other attributes such as speed work well without a key race pace.
Al....Racey asked for comments from users of the program. You have neither purchased the program nor used it. I don't mean to be rude, but your experiences with pace aren't relevant here.

If that's why you haven't bought the program--that's fine. Some well-known handicappers have purchased it- if for no other reason than may just learn from it, it's another tool-- and it costs what an app costs nowadays.

Have a good day my friend

-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Al....Racey asked for comments from users of the program. You have neither purchased the program nor used it. I don't mean to be rude, but your experiences with pace aren't relevant here.

If that's why you haven't bought the program--that's fine. Some well-known handicappers have purchased it- if for no other reason than may just learn from it, it's another tool-- and it costs what an app costs nowadays.

-NCG
I read your info where you stated that your figures were based on the last two races. I'm sorry if I remember this wrong. So, I was careful to write my experience when discussing pace not your product.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 06-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg

-NCG

If anything is out of line I'll take care of it, or PA will. But even as an authorized advertiser you really can't control where threads go. That said, you pointing out Al isn't a user is also fair game.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #9
Capper Al

Now I want to know. Didn't you state that your product used only the last two races? Old people like to checkout their memory.

Anatole France

Old 06-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
JJMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Now I want to know. Didn't you state that your product used only the last two races? Old people like to checkout their memory.
I can tell you that in my own program, the pace line is always selected from one of the last two races. In my experience the farther you go back the less predictive the data is.
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #11
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMartin
I can tell you that in my own program, the pace line is always selected from one of the last two races. In my experience the farther you go back the less predictive the data is.
I'm struggling with this at the moment. Need to run some data and see where it goes.

Anatole France

Old 06-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #12
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMartin
I would never only look at the last two races! I have no problem going far back!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Regardless of if it's 1 or 2 races, I have a couple of questions:

1) What happens if the horse was a victim at the start the last 2 races? Wouldn't you MISS a true speed horse who is hidden?

2) What happens if a horse was choked and rated in the last race/last 2 races? Again, wouldn't that cause you to misinterpret a pace scenario?

How is that captured in the info?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

1) What happens if the horse was a victim at the start the last 2 races? Wouldn't you MISS a true speed horse who is hidden?

2) What happens if a horse was choked and rated in the last race/last 2 races? Again, wouldn't that cause you to misinterpret a pace scenario?

Good questions.

Anatole France

Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

These are very valid points. I have seen many horses get a bad ride or have some bad racing luck and come back to run to form and win at a big price.

That being said some horses seem to figure out a way to get beat. Just ask any trainer of the losers and see what kind of excuses you get, rarely you will hear one say we just got beat.

Last edited by green80; 06-22-2016 at 08:09 PM.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: