Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I haven't really looked at Destin specifically, but he was 6th in the Derby.
Worth re-watching his trip if he enters the Belmont. ...

I liked him in the Derby for a win bet but not sure about 12f. I'll have to see the entries. He went about .5 to 1 second faster than I would have preferred for the first 6f in the Derby which I think hurt his chances.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-25-2016 at 06:06 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 05:56 AM   #17
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I like Creator if he runs! I know closers have a hard time winning at Belmont, but after seeing the KD & Preakness run very fast up front, I think it happens again & the front gets burnt out at 1 1/2 race & closers come flying home.

Creator ran one heck of a race. Lmao@ Exaggerator 6-5, never thought he was a threat at 1 1/2
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Creator ran one heck of a race. Lmao@ Exaggerator 6-5, never thought he was a threat at 1 1/2
Nice call. I had yet another good day. It was a great Triple Crown run for me this year. Unfortunately, Creator is the only one I didn't have for the Pick 4. Getting past Destin at the line cost me a really big day.

As for Exaggerator, three wide on the first turn, 3 to 4 wide down the backstretch into the second turn.........no shot in a race like that. Not a good trip at all. The first quarter, Destin chasing Gettysburg didn't help my chances and made all the difference at the end for Creator. The track was fast but the fractions in the races were fair to fast, which gave the closers a good chance in several of the races yesterday. I really thought Destin had that race too, tough pill to swallow.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #19
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Nice call. I had yet another good day. It was a great Triple Crown run for me this year. Unfortunately, Creator is the only one I didn't have for the Pick 4. Getting past Destin at the line cost me a really big day.

As for Exaggerator, three wide on the first turn, 3 to 4 wide down the backstretch into the second turn.........no shot in a race like that. Not a good trip at all. The first quarter, Destin chasing Gettysburg didn't help my chances and made all the difference at the end for Creator. The track was fast but the fractions in the races were fair to fast, which gave the closers a good chance in several of the races yesterday. I really thought Destin had that race too, tough pill to swallow.

Yeah, Destin lost the race by chasing Gettysburg. I was yelling at the TV for Creator to straighten out coming down.the stretch......Destin ran one heck of a race as well.

Pletcher doesn't often get into the money in the KD, let alone win the race but he does decently in the Belmont if memory serves.

Bring on 2017 KD, where I'm waiting for a long shot to appear, lol!
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #20
davew

Quote:
So did Governor Malibu. but stopped twice trying to go the rail route. Good call on Creator.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #21
Del Park

?Thats who I had! Got blocked, the horse in the next race did the same and they toked him down??
Del Park is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #22
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Yeah, Destin lost the race by chasing Gettysburg. I was yelling at the TV for Creator to straighten out coming down.the stretch......Destin ran one heck of a race as well.

Pletcher doesn't often get into the money in the KD, let alone win the race but he does decently in the Belmont if memory serves.

Bring on 2017 KD, where I'm waiting for a long shot to appear, lol!
My friend needed Creator in the worst way. He was screaming the same exact thing. Like a dummy, I didn't use Creator, he hit the Win , Place and Exacta multiple times. It was really the only mistake I made yesterday, but Pick 4 wise and in the exacta, it was dozy......

I could hear him over my shoulder yelling, "Straighten him out and go!!!!" and I was saying to myself..........NOOOOOOOOOO! With 10 yards to go......
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply