Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 10-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #31
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

So stupid that they did that. The feed isn't even in HD anymore and depending on the day of the week and time of day, TVG2 shows completely different tracks.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2016, 01:07 AM   #32
no breathalyzer
Veteran

i don't need TVG to view online content .. that was not my point.. my point was to show the damn track on my TV instead of a track that handled 900 bucks in the win pool.. like it or not Hawthorne has been around for over 100 yrs.. and it is my home track.. it deserves some f'ing respect
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #33
RunForTheRoses

4njbets/TVG and betting out of New Jersey

Does anyone have an njbets account and know a workaround to bet out of state? For years I was able to bet out of state just by toggling to New Jersey no matter where I was. I've bet from Las Vegas, New York,etc.

Since around Labor Day you cannot do this, since it is betfair/exchange wagering they now verify the ip address. At first I was able to go to tvg.com and get away with that but now if you go to tvg they will usher you to njbets.

As I work in NYC it would be nice to be able to make an occasional bet from there, also was at Delaware a couple of weeks ago and prefer to bet through the account but I was unable to.

Anyone here successfully dealt with this?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #34
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
Does anyone have an njbets account and know a workaround to bet out of state? For years I was able to bet out of state just by toggling to New Jersey no matter where I was. I've bet from Las Vegas, New York,etc.

Since around Labor Day you cannot do this, since it is betfair/exchange wagering they now verify the ip address. At first I was able to go to tvg.com and get away with that but now if you go to tvg they will usher you to njbets.

As I work in NYC it would be nice to be able to make an occasional bet from there, also was at Delaware a couple of weeks ago and prefer to bet through the account but I was unable to.

Anyone here successfully dealt with this?
Maybe a VPN service that could spoof your location to show its in Jersey.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #35
CincyHorseplayer

I started inventing song lyrics Beach Boys style about Brittney Eurton. Good enough for me to watch!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #36
Parkview_Pirate

Not the biggest TVG fan in the world, but you can get free TimeFormUS pps there, so I've kept the account open.

Today I've logged in for the first time in a couple of months, and the new (and horrible) web interface becomes "mandatory" if you you want online video after 1/17. So, checking it out, I did discover the pop-out video signal is VASTLY improved from the old page, and makes my Twinspires feed look like it's a 1/10th of the resolution.

I don't have the TVG commercial feed since I don't have satellite or cable, but the stream from GP today looks like HD on their new online stream. Very nice....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 12:17 AM   #37
SandyW

No Oaklawn Park on TVG today, opening day, what a disgrace.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 03:13 AM   #38
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW
I saw OP out there earlier today, and they have the results listed, so I think you could bet it.

However, I did notice that the video couldn't be had online - "no video link available", and the results show the races were carried on the main TVG signal but not online streaming.

They are quickly getting to the point I'll be closing my account, in spite of carrying the TimeFormUS PPs for free....
Old 01-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #39
upthecreek

Quote:
They were on TVG2 If you have a TVG acct., you should be able to watch on website. I have a 4NJBet acct, but they removed TVG2 from the site
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #40
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Races 1-5 were on TVG2, 6-9 were on TVG.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #41
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Races 1-5 were on TVG2, 6-9 were on TVG.
The problem is TVG is in 65 million homes and TVG2 is in 6 I cant get it at all in NJ where I am
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #42
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
The problem is TVG is in 65 million homes and TVG2 is in 6 I cant get it at all in NJ where I am
I'm one of the lucky 6!
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #43
RunForTheRoses

Sucks no Oaklaqn today on TVG, can't stream here and no option for TVG2. Am in a contest that has some races there, lots of bombs, I wonder what the track condition is.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #44
SandyW

Quote:
Sucks no Oaklaqn today on TVG, can't stream here and no option for TVG2. Am in a contest that has some races there, lots of bombs, I wonder what the track condition is.
You can go to the Oaklawn Park website any time night or day and click on their webcam and you will be able to see what the weather is.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #45
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
If you click on "Watch Live" at the top of the new menu interface online, AND Oaklawn is coming up as a live race, you can then watch it.

However, for TVG to carry a track live but NOT offer the live stream is inexcusable. How are you supposed to see the post parade or paddock shots? Played the last race at OP yesterday, but since SA's race ran over the post parade, had to "get by" with simply seeing one live race cut to another live race.

So, with middle finger firmly extended to TVG, will be closing out my account ASAP.