Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #31
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
That's all you're doing is piping up.

Piping up before the race and now wrong.

Piping up about somebody else piping up.

Why don't you just pipe your way on to something you are right about because we've heard enough piping from you for a while! The opening poster had some good hard common sense and a lot of us agreed. I don't need to huff and puff and blow somebody's house down about every point about a single race. People like you got that call of duty. So Peter Piper Puffed a Pack of Pickled Peppers start piping yourself into oblivion!
Funny, I don't recall you piping up about this matter after the 2012 Preakness, or 2014 or 2015. Interesting. I wonder why.

Anybody who read what I posted between the Derby and Preakness, it's quite obvious what I said:

Nyquist was the horse to beat, that Exaggerator was the one horse with a legit chance and that the others were outclassed.

Nyquist is more in the class of California Chrome than American Pharoah.

Right after the Derby, when people were talking about Nyquist being near the hot pace, I tried to back them off a bit by noting that he was in excellent position given how the track played that day and thus he probably shouldn't get any extra pace credit nor should Exaggerator be penalized.

Said all along that I was passing because one of the top two would probably win the race. Not sure how my opinions could be interpreted as terribly incorrect.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #32
stuball

Smile ????

Your quoting a few writers from the DRF and you are talking about a small sample size...YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #33
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball
Your quoting a few writers from the DRF and you are talking about a small sample size...YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?
That's a total non-sequitur. Critiquing individual handicapping logic is not a claim about the significance of occurrence over repeated trials. Try again.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #34
ribjig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
56 Preaknesses (starting in 1960) sounds like a lot, but really is a tiny sample sizes.
What that data set is, IMO, is this:
a. best available predictor of next (56) Preaknesses data set
(will Vegas book bet on next Preaknesses??)
b. moderate predictor of next (1) Preakness, better than spinning wheel

RELATED SIDEBAR: DRF CRAP? ALL THE
"NEGATORY POINT SYSTEM" CRAP IN THIS FORUM:
THIS RACE FLUSHED THAT DOWN THE CRAPPER...
THEN YOU
MUST REREAD
THE THREAD...

Last edited by ribjig; 05-22-2016 at 04:43 PM.
ribjig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #35
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
That's all you're doing is piping up.

Piping up before the race and now wrong.

Piping up about somebody else piping up.

Why don't you just pipe your way on to something you are right about because we've heard enough piping from you for a while! The opening poster had some good hard common sense and a lot of us agreed. I don't need to huff and puff and blow somebody's house down about every point about a single race. People like you got that call of duty. So Peter Piper Puffed a Pack of Pickled Peppers start piping yourself into oblivion!
That's a lot of "P's".....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply