Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
forced89

Churchill Downs Racing Club

Did anyone here spring for the $500 for one of the 200 memberships in the Churchill Downs Racing Club?
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forced89
Did anyone here spring for the $500 for one of the 200 memberships in the Churchill Downs Racing Club?
i don't but what does the 500 get you?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #3
Grits

Yes, someone has.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...9&page=2&pp=15
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
i don't but what does the 500 get you?

Gets you a share of the horse trained by the hall of famer D Wayne Lukas.
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
forced89

You get to watch your horse run and paddock access when he/she runs. Horse is supposed to run during the current Spring meet. You are practically guaranteed the total loss of your investment. On the other hand the most you can lose is your $500 per share initial investment.

There are 200 shares at $500 = $100,000 to buy and train a horse. Trainer is D Wayne Lukas. My guess is that if cash out exceeds the $100,000, the loss will be eaten by Churchill. An added benefit if you live locally is free admission to CD for the entire meet and some free breakfast seminars.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #6
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forced89
You get to watch your horse run and paddock access when he/she runs. Horse is supposed to run during the current Spring meet. You are practically guaranteed the total loss of your investment. On the other hand the most you can lose is your $500 per share initial investment.

There are 200 shares at $500 = $100,000 to buy and train a horse. Trainer is D Wayne Lukas. My guess is that if cash out exceeds the $100,000, the loss will be eaten by Churchill. An added benefit if you live locally is free admission to CD for the entire meet and some free breakfast seminars.
I can see the value or purpose of but, I don't see the value of unless you plan to spend at least $500 on admission and breakfast during the meet. The horse will probably run once maybe twice. I don't think their meet is that long but the horse could run over several years.

And, what does CDI get out of it?

They don't appear to do things without thinking it out.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
MonmouthParkJoe

Doesnt look like they get anything out of it unless it hopes people have enough of an enjoyable experience to take the bigger step into owning more horses. It is set up as a not for profit so even if the horse makes money the investors dont get anything back. People talk with their wallets and it sold out already, with enough interest for them to start another one.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #8
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Doesnt look like they get anything out of it unless it hopes people have enough of an enjoyable experience to take the bigger step into owning more horses. It is set up as a not for profit so even if the horse makes money the investors dont get anything back. People talk with their wallets and it sold out already, with enough interest for them to start another one.
Now, none of it makes sense to me.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Sounds like it could be like a foot in the door to be involved in some of the social and cultural aspects of the racing set...and if it is a non-profit then you could write off the $500 a charity or something like that...I can see why it sold out...

I think there might be a real interest in having more of the experiences in racing, it is not about the wagering all the time...I know I would like that...to meet other people involved in racing...sometimes folks need something artificial to bring them together...people want to be social and I think it is sometimes hard to make friends nowadays...
Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #10
whodoyoulike
Veteran

For $500 I'll be your friend on here but, in person I'll probably need much more.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #11
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
For $500 I'll be your friend on here but, in person I'll probably need much more.
Think how easy it is to run thru $500 betting. At least you'd have all your admissions covered for the meet, a few breakfasts, seminars, who know maybe you'd meet someone you like...or not...but what the heck take a chance...we do it with the horses....
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #12
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
Think how easy it is to run thru $500 betting. At least you'd have all your admissions covered for the meet, a few breakfasts, seminars, who know maybe you'd meet someone you like...or not...but what the heck take a chance...we do it with the horses....
I agree. I can piss through $500 pretty easily. If I was local I would have done it. As said the admissions, parking, and whatever other perks are involved. Breakfast is cool too. I would view it more as an entertainment expense. Either way it would be a unique experience. That and being able to say you "own" a horse in whatever race for the day.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #13
weegee

Here's another racing club that makes even less sense but you can get in this one for $100 (or less!).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ople-s-horse#/
weegee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #14
Flysofree
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
That sums it up pretty well.

But horse race gambling is buying a dream for the vast majority of bettors even if they don't realize it . If I lived close to the track, that would be money well spent.
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #15
BIG49010

Have same deal at Arlington with leading trainer Larry Rivelli. My guess he claims one for $10,000, collects 100k to train, and then runs back for $5,000 and wins, gets claimed and everybody get picture taken for their $500. Him and CDI split the money.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: