Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #16
glengarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125
I think he's sitting on a big one personally. He obviously either didn't take well to the track at Gulfstream, or something was off with him that day. Who knows...maybe he just didn't feel well, like we all do sometimes lol. But his first work at Churchill was impressive. Like, really impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GbGD1J3k8

To me, this just looks like a horse that's full of run right now. No way I'm leaving him off of my tickets.
He may be sitting on a big one, but a big one that may be over for him at the quarter pole. On a positive note, that is how he trained all winter at Palm Meadows. Always trying to do more than KM wanted him to do. It was all about peaking on DD. He may be on go, but would rather sim hi more relaxed in his gallops.
glengarry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #17
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by glengarry
He may be sitting on a big one, but a big one that may be over for him at the quarter pole. On a positive note, that is how he trained all winter at Palm Meadows. Always trying to do more than KM wanted him to do. It was all about peaking on DD. He may be on go, but would rather sim hi more relaxed in his gallops.
Good info and thanks for sharing. I too wish he looked more relaxed during his gallops. Like I said, I hope that means he's wanting to be let loose.
dballard125 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #18
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125
Good info and thanks for sharing. I too wish he looked more relaxed during his gallops. Like I said, I hope that means he's wanting to be let loose.

Don't be surprised if Mohaymen places better than Nyquist.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #19
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Don't be surprised if Mohaymen places better than Nyquist.

anyone have video of works or gallops before the Florida Derby for Mohaymen? Would love to compare.

Seems like a total split in the buzz on Mohaymen either people are like 'oh my god look at how much energy he has' or 'man he looks weird something is off'

In truth however there is noway to know how a horse feels based on how he looks in a gallop on the count that he is a horse and no one has ever talked to one.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #20
glengarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
anyone have video of works or gallops before the Florida Derby for Mohaymen? Would love to compare.

Seems like a total split in the buzz on Mohaymen either people are like 'oh my god look at how much energy he has' or 'man he looks weird something is off'

In truth however there is noway to know how a horse feels based on how he looks in a gallop on the count that he is a horse and no one has ever talked to one.
Have to disagree. There is a lot you can tell. The one thing gallops and works can't tell you is if the horse is good enough. That we all have to figure out ourselves. People I know that saw him work several times described his works and gallops just like they have looked at Churchill. Both before his 2 wins and common effort against Nyquist. Saw his 2 wins from the rail, and he certainly looked like the best, by far, of any 3 year old in Florida. Then throws in a clunker. Tough call.
glengarry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: