Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Poll: Can Mohaymen bounce back in the Kentucky Derby?
Poll Options
Can Mohaymen bounce back in the Kentucky Derby?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #61
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
6-1 is not good value
Agreed. I'm hoping he goes off 10-1 or more, so it makes my decision to use him easier to swallow.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #62
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
6-1 is not good value

I think a lot of people will put a line threw the Fla derby.

I made a mistake, Exaggerator is 8-1, Mohaymen is 10-1 offshore, so he will probably go off 8-1. There will be like 5 horses between 6-1 & 10-1 on derby day
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #63
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Who will be the 2nd choice Destin ?

Z
Old 04-28-2016, 11:34 PM   #64
glengarry

Quote:
i dont know enough about horse mannerisms so dont quote me but man he looks like he is loving it on that track
He is getting over the ground beautifully. His gallop today was more relaxed. The Derby is filled with good horses. You should expect most of them to look good galloping or working. Welsh is saying "he looked great" for about 90% of the horses he has seen gallop or work. Unless you really know what to look for, your own eyes will deceive you. Although 90% of this years entrants will work or gallop well, I can assure you that 90% won't run well. I have learned one thing over the years. A lot of horses work well and run poorly. Ultimately, you have to fit the profile for the race you are running in. Feeling great and handling the track are just a few factors. As for Mohaymen, he failed his first big test. The track had moisture, but wasn't a disaster. Mohaymen was a disaster that day. Maybe he was undertrained, who knows. Doe he fit the profile of a derby winner? That is what you need to answer before you reach in your pockets.
glengarry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #65
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
Who will be the 2nd choice Destin ?

Z

Just looked, right now offshore, Nyquist is 4-1, & Exaggerator & Mohaymen are both 2nd choice at 7-1, Mor Spirit 10-1, Destin, Brody & MMS are all 12-1, Creator is 13-1 & Gun Runner is 15-1

Churchills odds will be a bit different after the post draw & Battaglia sets the odds

Last edited by SecretAgentMan; 04-28-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #66
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glengarry
He is getting over the ground beautifully. His gallop today was more relaxed. The Derby is filled with good horses. You should expect most of them to look good galloping or working. Welsh is saying "he looked great" for about 90% of the horses he has seen gallop or work. Unless you really know what to look for, your own eyes will deceive you. Although 90% of this years entrants will work or gallop well, I can assure you that 90% won't run well. I have learned one thing over the years. A lot of horses work well and run poorly. Ultimately, you have to fit the profile for the race you are running in. Feeling great and handling the track are just a few factors. As for Mohaymen, he failed his first big test. The track had moisture, but wasn't a disaster. Mohaymen was a disaster that day. Maybe he was undertrained, who knows. Doe he fit the profile of a derby winner? That is what you need to answer before you reach in your pockets.

IMO, no he doesn't fit the derby winning profile.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #67
PowerUpPaynter

Work this morning

Mohaymen 4F 47.40. 12.60, 23.80, 35.40. Out 1:00.80

Mixed Reactions

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman
Mohaymen, 1/2 in 47.57 per @DRFWelsch, jumped oddly before breaking off by himself, ears flat to his head. I'm against. Sorry.

"He really is peaking right now," Neal McLaughlin adds on Mohaymen.

Jennifer Morrison ‏@jensblog
Mohaymen, wow, he was literally leaping in the air down the backside, several time, just trying to get away from his rider..workout was good

Mackenzie K-H ‏@mackenziejanek
Looked like Mohaymen was going to toss the rider there before the work started. Full of energy, looks well. Wildcard

Michael Tartaglia ‏@mjtags11
Mohaymen worked great. Suddenbreakingnews needs more speed. And Destin did his best Lani impression.

Steve Haskin ‏@SteveHaskin
Mohaymen was wild galloping to the pole, leaping in the air several times as if jumping hurdles. Smooth work once settled down.

rickbozich@rickbozich
Works posted by 11 #KyDerby horses Friday morning. Best works posted by Mohaymen and Tom's Ready.

Jake Memolo ‏@jmems24
Don't get the criticism of Mohaymen for pinning his ears. Watch any of his races. He always does it. It's just him.

EmceeMaffaMouth ‏@matabb
horses like #motom #mohaymen #Destin #outwork #mymansam taking money next saturday are a dream come true for anyone with a brain

rickbozich‏@rickbozich
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin supremely confident after Mohaymen worked half mile in 47 2/5.

Derby News ‏@KentuckyDerbyCJ
Not much for Mohaymen today.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #68
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Work this morning

Mohaymen 4F 47.40. 12.60, 23.80, 35.40. Out 1:00.80

Mixed Reactions

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman
Mohaymen, 1/2 in 47.57 per @DRFWelsch, jumped oddly before breaking off by himself, ears flat to his head. I'm against. Sorry.

Jennifer Morrison ‏@jensblog
Mohaymen, wow, he was literally leaping in the air down the backside, several time, just trying to get away from his rider..workout was good

Mackenzie K-H ‏@mackenziejanek
Looked like Mohaymen was going to toss the rider there before the work started. Full of energy, looks well. Wildcard

Michael Tartaglia ‏@mjtags11
Mohaymen worked great. Suddenbreakingnews needs more speed. And Destin did his best Lani impression.

Steve Haskin ‏@SteveHaskin
Mohaymen was wild galloping to the pole, leaping in the air several times as if jumping hurdles. Smooth work once settled down.

rickbozich@rickbozich
Works posted by 11 #KyDerby horses Friday morning. Best works posted by Mohaymen and Tom's Ready.

Jake Memolo ‏@jmems24
Don't get the criticism of Mohaymen for pinning his ears. Watch any of his races. He always does it. It's just him.

EmceeMaffaMouth ‏@matabb
horses like #motom #mohaymen #Destin #outwork #mymansam taking money next saturday are a dream come true for anyone with a brain

rickbozich‏@rickbozich
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin supremely confident after Mohaymen worked half mile in 47 2/5.

Mohaymen is wacky. Seems he has no ethic of working out. As for the win bet, these are all throw outs.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #69
PowerUpPaynter

its crazy how so many people can watch the same thing and have total polar opposite opinions. Goes to show my theory of reading into horse mannerisms is a bunch of bull crap because no on has ever talked to a horse to ask them how they feel or what they mean.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #70
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
its crazy how so many people can watch the same thing and have total polar opposite opinions. Goes to show my theory of reading into horse mannerisms is a bunch of bull crap because no on has ever talked to a horse to ask them how they feel or what they mean.

The negative comments are based on what these people have seen from other horses over the years, meaning they do poorly after seeing this pattern of workouts.

Of course not all horses are the same. It seems it pisses you off because they're using negative comments to bash the horses you like, hence your comments.

Doesn't mean these horses will run poorly, but I didn't like any of today's horses for the win bet before these workouts, now these comments solidify my thoughts.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #71
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
The negative comments are based on what these people have seen from other horses over the years, meaning they do poorly after seeing this pattern of workouts.

Of course not all horses are the same. It seems it pisses you off because they're using negative comments to bash the horses you like, hence your comments.

Doesn't mean these horses will run poorly, but I didn't like any of today's horses for the win bet before these workouts, now these comments solidify my thoughts.

no not really because about 70% of the comments are positive. what pisses me off is my own inability to make a decision about how to play Mohaymen. im truly torn
Old 04-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #72
f2tornado

Quote:
no not really because about 70% of the comments are positive. what pisses me off is my own inability to make a decision about how to play Mohaymen. im truly torn
I hear you there. I've already used him considerably in the Future wagers so don't feel the need to hit him hard Saturday but decided to run something like a 1x5x7 tri wheel with him on top. I still feel the Holy Bull was the best looking of any prep but that was a long time ago. He just made it look too easy until the FL Derby. I still think that horse was ill to fold so early as he was full of run late at previous routes.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #73
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
I hear you there. I've already used him considerably in the Future wagers so don't feel the need to hit him hard Saturday but decided to run something like a 1x5x7 tri wheel with him on top. I still feel the Holy Bull was the best looking of any prep but that was a long time ago. He just made it look too easy until the FL Derby. I still think that horse was ill to fold so early as he was full of run late at previous routes.

I tell you what, his trainers are high on him & his workouts.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 PM   #74
Grits

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...kentucky-derby

He's ready, so KMac thinks. Very ready!!

He concerns me, though, as the discussion speaks of the need to keep him relaxed and this isn't an easy task, not for eight more days. Too, the business of being so excited by other horses.

He reminds me of Point Given, extremely talented, yet, high strung. They probably wish the race was tomorrow.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #75
boys at tosconova

Quote:

rickbozich‏@rickbozich

lol

good thing he wasn't peaking in the florida derby. literally walking home to conserve energy was the plan all along

.................................................. ................................
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply