Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #46
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
How are your parents adapting?
Sunday I was on track. Dad called me and said something popped up and the horses went away.

I tried to walk him throughout it. It took me till I got home, 5 hours later.

My uncle in NYC called and said I can't follow the races anymore. Been betting horses since 1960 or so. He's back in 1995 or so now. Sad.

Jim,

Very thoughtful of you to ask

Last edited by EMD4ME; 01-02-2017 at 04:07 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #47
Dahoss9698
Veteran

$5000-$8000 a day in handle on the weekends, so put a 60 inch TV in your parents house, pay someone $100 to set it up with a computer and they'll be all set.

Or....complain nonstop and post really stupid (but hilarious) things like you're going to fight for "your" channel until you die.

As horseplayers our success depends on our ability to adapt. Food for thought
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #48
Miff
Apprentice

NYRA slaps NYC Players in face

NYRA clowns just slapped NYers who have watched that signal as far back the OTB days. Many of the old timers who watch from home now and are shut out with no computer or TVG. NYRA shill Serling alibing re cost yet NYRA receives $50 plus million from slots for capital/improvements. Clown CEO Kay spends money on idiotic murals, new trophy design, Red Jacket ceremony, idiotic structure at SPA but there is no money to continue signal to millions in the 5boroughs

Make no mistake NYRA does not care about players and does NOT deserve your play
Miff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #49
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miff
NYRA clowns just slapped NYers who have watched that signal as far back the OTB days. Many of the old timers who watch from home now and are shut out with no computer or TVG. NYRA shill Serling alibing re cost yet NYRA receives $50 plus million from slots for capital/improvements. Clown CEO Kay spends money on idiotic murals, new trophy design, Red Jacket ceremony, idiotic structure at SPA but there is no money to continue signal to millions in the 5boroughs

Make no mistake NYRA does not care about players and does NOT deserve your play
I agree. Where have you been? The homers who reside here quote the company BS. Finally a breath of HONEST air.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #50
elhelmete

People scoffed at Netflix when they split into streaming and DVD delivery. They aren't laughing now.

I think racing associations are very wise and forward thinking to do their own version of cord-cutting. Maintaining a traditional channel on cable systems is archaic and complicated and $$. You'll never get nationwide coverage. Or seamless mobile.

I'm starting to really dig XBTV...
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #51
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
People scoffed at Netflix when they split into streaming and DVD delivery. They aren't laughing now.

I think racing associations are very wise and forward thinking to do their own version of cord-cutting. Maintaining a traditional channel on cable systems is archaic and complicated and $$. You'll never get nationwide coverage. Or seamless mobile.

Do you live in NYC? Are you a die hard NYRA follower who relies upon being on track and watching the races via our cable channel?

It doesn't sound like it. So, you would NOT understand.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #52
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Listen, please stop inserting logic and real world answers in this thread.

Even though it's 2017 racing should stay in 1985 because people might be reluctant to adapt to technology that actually improves the watching of races.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #53
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Do you live in NYC? Are you a die hard NYRA follower who relies upon being on track and watching the races via our cable channel?

It doesn't sound like it. So, you would NOT understand.
Was it your only way to watch the races? I can watch every NYRA race via a few different ways.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #54
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Was it your only way to watch the races? I can watch every NYRA race via a few different ways.
No it's his parents only way. He's been offered solutions for weeks and he refuses to try them.

Hes the Veruca Salt of Paceadvantage. He wants his TV channel back and he wants it now!

Old 01-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #55
Secondbest

It's 2 days now and I have not made a bet at Aqu. Since I have to watch online anyway I'd rather bet Gulf than than the crap they run on the Inner.
Plus Acacia Courtney is much easier on the eyes than Andy.( no offense Andy)
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #56
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I am on track 110 days a year. But my parents aren't.

When I bet from home, my laptop is my formulator, replays, TFUS etc. My TV is what I look at (past the laptop) for the race and it's as close to live as you can get. If I have to toggle, it's wasted time.

NYC is a different breed. We have been living in NYC OTBS, filled with smoke, paper and pen cappers that don't know how to spell internet. They bet on track and when they don't, they are old, so they rely upon easy.

This isn't Idaho here. Or Cali. It's NYC. Average age of horseplayer is collecting SS.

10 million people to reach out to via the channel. But let's get rid of it for $500,000.

A travesty.

We horseplayers know, the game is entrenched into us. By taking away having the racing channel on in people's homes, they just took away many people's main source of enjoyment.

Back to my situation, it hurts my gambling but who gives a sheeit about a 7 figure exotic player right?
Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #57
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

The question again, needs to be asked, when will NYRA Layoff all their telebet employees, due to the channel being shut off???

How can telebet survive with all this "forward" thinking?
Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #58
Miff
Apprentice

Little known is that NYRA is obsessed with its P & L statement. A NYRA board member is a close personal friend and informs that Kay and his bean counters are immersed in trying to save their jobs and regain the franchise from Gov Cuomo's control.

There is ZERO consideration for gamblers at NYRA, we are considered as necessary evils and they continue to nickel and dime us and slap us in the face
Miff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #59
elhelmete

My $500, 3 year old laptop can send the track feed wirelessly to my 42" TV with no toggling. Took 90 seconds to set that up. Just saying.

I probably gamble MORE with this capability. I love me some Australian racing in the evenings, and have found some good online resources to help me. I can keep all those on my laptop (they require lots of clicking and scrolling) while beaming the track feed to the TV.

My dad's been betting, usually big, since the late 1950s and I shudder to think how much bigger his churn would be if he could use a computer!
Old 01-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #60
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Oh wait....it gets better.

Since I was 4 I used to watch races live, with jockey goggles around my neck and these cheap binoculars.

When I hit NY at 6, swear to god, I started watching live on the 3rd floor grandstand at AQU and BEL.

When the Sluts came in, oh I'm sorry, Slots, I was told by the CEO that we would have an awesome new area to watch live races.

I haven't watched a live race at AQU in about 6 years. There's nowhere to do so, if you actually like to watch the race before the wire.

Belmont, it's been about 1 live race a year (belmont stakes). They shut off the area that I liked to sit in due to pure emptyness.

Do you HAVE ANY idea how much I care and love this blanken game?

I HATE the weasels who pretend to care and just collect money from this game.

(Not directed at you, just in general).