Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #31
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127
The RTN app is a good 60 seconds behind plus whatever the normal delay is for the streams you get from your ADW or TVG. Its terrible from a wagering standpoint.
only reaffirms my main original point. why get rid of live tv access?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #32
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Jim, I finally got it set up, what a blanken ordeal. Much MUCH obliged and thank you very much.

So, sounds like my parents are screwed and my uncle in NYC. (No TVG, Roku seems to be too many clicks for them, RTN, you say is harder)

This industry is THE DUMBEST industry I have ever seen.

Average of clientele is 100 years old and they take away the easiest option. TV channel.
How could RTN be harder? its a satellite receiver from Dish. All they have to do is turn the thing on tune to the correct channel and VOILA!...Leave the thing alone until the day's races are concluded.
The only thing is being able to set up a satellite antenna?
Living in one of the 5 boroughs, I assume the live in some type of multi-family building?
That in and of itself may prove problematic. They are in one of the outer boroughs and live in a single family home or duplex, it make make things easier.
If you want to go down the RTN road, PM me. I helped Dave Schwartz with his RTN setup. I had 12 years of experience with Dish/Directv and Primestar.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #33
thespaah

Quote:
Good to hear, except for the last part (1 minute behind). What good is that if you're checking live exactas, odds etc? Nevermind getting shut out.
One thing everyone will have to realize is that if you are not at the track, there is no such thing as "real time"....There is always a lag.....The equipment with the latest technology can process audio and video and transmit it only so quickly.
Over the air has the least time lag. Then cable tv. Then satellite tv. Then internet streaming.
You'll have to develop your own "head clock"....If you are viewing the NYRA feed and notice the clock says X:X3 PM, think of it as X:X4 PM in real time.
In other words, unless you are heavily reliant on betting the bell and having real time odds and exacta probables, then just bet a minute earlier than you are used to....
Old 12-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #34
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
One thing everyone will have to realize is that if you are not at the track, there is no such thing as "real time"....There is always a lag.....The equipment with the latest technology can process audio and video and transmit it only so quickly.
Over the air has the least time lag. Then cable tv. Then satellite tv. Then internet streaming.
You'll have to develop your own "head clock"....If you are viewing the NYRA feed and notice the clock says X:X3 PM, think of it as X:X4 PM in real time.
In other words, unless you are heavily reliant on betting the bell and having real time odds and exacta probables, then just bet a minute earlier than you are used to....
The live stream on NYRA's website runs a fraction of a second ahead of the signal at my brick and mortar wagering outlet, and generally these days a track's website live feed has very little delay.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 04:15 PM   #35
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
The live stream on NYRA's website runs a fraction of a second ahead of the signal at my brick and mortar wagering outlet, and generally these days a track's website live feed has very little delay.
Generally yes. In fact the feed on NYRA Live is actually ahead of the TVG feed.
However to address EMD4ME's concerns, no it is not real time.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #36
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

I always find TVG to be about up to 5 seconds behind my ADW streams. Some days they are identical though.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #37
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I always find TVG to be about up to 5 seconds behind my ADW streams. Some days they are identical though.
My CABLE feed is only 2 seconds or sometimes equal to my nyra rewards feed.

Unacceptable
Old 01-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #38
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Today, I couldn't be on track due to an illness in the family.

Was at the middle to tail end of my betting and it said race was not available. I look at my stupid ROKU channel and the horses aren't even loading YET.

Must've been a 45 to 60 second delay, not the few seconds people were hoping it would be.

I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SAID IN THE CLOSED THREAD. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SLAP TO A PLAYER'S FACE THAT YOU COULD IMAGINE.

BY FAR THE DUMBEST BUSINESS DECISION NYRA HAS EEEEVVVVEEERRR MADE.

I WILL MAKE IT A POINT, TO FIGHT FOR MY TV CHANNEL BACK UNTIL THE DAY I ACTUALLY DIE.

Not even kidding. I sent a long letter to Chris Kay almost 2 weeks ago. I heard he sent his intel team out to find out who I was (Despite me giving him my account # and name).

I had the NYRA chief revenue officer view my profile on Linked In but that's as far as they went in terms of communicating to me.

I never heard back.

TERRIBLE AND BRUTAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Now, it's time to write to the NYRA Board Of Directors.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #39
Dahoss9698
Veteran

It just keeps getting better.

Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #40
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

I WILL MAKE IT A POINT, TO FIGHT FOR MY TV CHANNEL BACK UNTIL THE DAY I ACTUALLY DIE.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bringback.jpg (169.8 KB, 85 views)

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #41
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
DO NOT compare me to her. I actually matter
Old 01-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #42
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Poor Andy's getting a few people asking where their Horse TV Channel is on this Twitter thing.

I hope he communicates that to his "superiors".
Old 01-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #43
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Today, I couldn't be on track due to an illness in the family.

Was at the middle to tail end of my betting and it said race was not available. I look at my stupid ROKU channel and the horses aren't even loading YET.

Must've been a 45 to 60 second delay, not the few seconds people were hoping it would be.

I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SAID IN THE CLOSED THREAD. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SLAP TO A PLAYER'S FACE THAT YOU COULD IMAGINE.

BY FAR THE DUMBEST BUSINESS DECISION NYRA HAS EEEEVVVVEEERRR MADE.

Not even kidding. I sent a long letter to Chris Kay almost 2 weeks ago. I heard he sent his intel team out to find out who I was (Despite me giving him my account # and name).

I had the NYRA chief revenue officer view my profile on Linked In but that's as far as they went in terms of communicating to me.

I never heard back.

TERRIBLE AND BRUTAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Now, it's time to write to the NYRA Board Of Directors.
I mean we already established that there is around a 1 minute delay in the feed. Not that hard to factor that in when placing your wagers. Or you could just use the computer for a more real time feed.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2017, 03:55 PM   #44
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I mean we already established that there is around a 1 minute delay in the feed. Not that hard to factor that in when placing your wagers. Or you could just use the computer for a more real time feed.

DOES NOT make it OK or an intelligent business decision.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
JimG

Quote:
DOES NOT make it OK or an intelligent business decision.
How are your parents adapting?
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply