Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #31
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
On Gunrunner and on Hall Of Fame nomination.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...or-partnership
Steve A. should get his derby win this year. Both his horses are top contenders by my numbers. Will be perfect timing with the Hall of Fame induction.
Huddy Goodjob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #32
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddy Goodjob
Steve A. should get his derby win this year. Both his horses are top contenders by my numbers. Will be perfect timing with the Hall of Fame induction.

I agree Huddy, 2016 is the year Asmussen wins the KD!

Question: what do you make of Oscar Nominated owner having someone else put up $200k to enter their horse.

I always thought if an owner puts up $200k to nominate their horse, there's a good chance it wins or gets a piece of the pie, BUT, knowing Ramsey has a ton of money & not putting it up himself makes me think he knows his horse can't win.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #33
Grits

Quote:
Do you remember this quote from Andy Beyer's Washington Post column, during the problems of two years ago?

Quote:
He has shamed thoroughbred racing so badly that the chairman of the Jockey Club, Ogden Mills “Dinny” Phipps, declared that there is “a dark cloud hovering over our sport” and that Asmussen ought to stay away from the Kentucky Derby and the Kentucky Oaks. Asmussen is expected to ignore that suggestion by saddling his brilliant filly Untapable for Friday’s Oaks and his colt Tapiture for Saturday’s Derby. Phipps and other leaders of the industry surely shudder at the thought of Asmussen hoisting a trophy as a nationwide television audience watches.
I thought the late Mr. Phipps' remarks were unfortunate and premature, as at the time, these were accusations. Not to mention, from a group of rabid nutballs.

Anyway, of course, he didn't heed Mr.Phipps' admonition. Money talks, yes. But money, thankfully, doesn't always get its way!!

Steve A saddled his filly, and Untapable, handily, won the Oaks. Like you, I want him voted into the HOF. And I hope to be there to see it.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #34
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I agree Huddy, 2016 is the year Asmussen wins the KD!

Question: what do you make of Oscar Nominated owner having someone else put up $200k to enter their horse.

I always thought if an owner puts up $200k to nominate their horse, there's a good chance it wins or gets a piece of the pie, BUT, knowing Ramsey has a ton of money & not putting it up himself makes me think he knows his horse can't win.
Him asking someone else to fork up the dough is offensive. By his actions it definitely insinuates he doesn't think his contender can win. It's very confusing why he would even extend the invitation for another to pay the fee, if you don't think your contender can win...why enter. It's the Derby I get it...but geez...stop loading the gate with those who don't belong. I want to see a horse race...not an 80's Mike Tyson fight. I'm sick of the chalk running away with the roses. Lets see a battle, no more lay overs.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #35
Huddy Goodjob

What do you think of this statistic I found?

Since 2000 only 1 horse who did not post a 100+ E2/LP/or Speed figure DID NOT place in the top 3.

That horse was Mucho Macho Man, who did post a 98LP.

This statistic will include a large % of the field but it may help with the wheel.

This year there are 9 horses that meet this angle.

Now, the tri last year paid a weak $200 or so. But lets talk Mine That Bird and Giacomo years...both years this angle would work. Issue is, would you be keying those horses on top?

Anyway, I found it interesting. Not sure what value it has.

**Cough** Our boy meets this angle and only one to post 100+ in all.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #36
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Him asking someone else to fork up the dough is offensive. By his actions it definitely insinuates he doesn't think his contender can win. It's very confusing why he would even extend the invitation for another to pay the fee, if you don't think your contender can win...why enter. It's the Derby I get it...but geez...stop loading the gate with those who don't belong. I want to see a horse race...not an 80's Mike Tyson fight. I'm sick of the chalk running away with the roses. Lets see a battle, no more lay overs.

Ramsey wants his cake for free & eat it too. He cones across as a cheap millionaire.

I'm sticking with Gun Runner to win, but having a tough time finding my superfecta horses. I'm looking to key GR over 8 horses (the same) for 2nd, 3rd & 4th
Old 04-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Ramsey wants his cake for free & eat it too. He cones across as a cheap millionaire.
Non-cheap millionaires don't stay millionaires for very long.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #38
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:

I'm sticking with Gun Runner to win, but having a tough time finding my superfecta horses. I'm looking to key GR over 8 horses (the same) for 2nd, 3rd & 4th
Could always just key the Wood runners in 4th, and fill in the middle.

Creator scores pretty high on my numbers as well. Steve is pretty loaded heading into both Oaks and Derby.

I'm in So Cal, so I'm more of a Baffert fan myself. I have Mor Spirit no better than 2nd right now.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #39
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Could always just key the Wood runners in 4th, and fill in the middle.

Creator scores pretty high on my numbers as well. Steve is pretty loaded heading into both Oaks and Derby.

I'm in So Cal, so I'm more of a Baffert fan myself. I have Mor Spirit no better than 2nd right now.

Baffert made me good money with Silver Charm & Real Quiet, but didn't play his other 2. Baffert is always needed to thought of as a contender.

But I'm not too fond of the Cali horses this year.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #40
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:
What do you think of this statistic I found?

Since 2000 only 1 horse who did not post a 100+ E2/LP/or Speed figure DID NOT place in the top 3.

That horse was Mucho Macho Man, who did post a 98LP.

This statistic will include a large % of the field but it may help with the wheel.

This year there are 9 horses that meet this angle.

Now, the tri last year paid a weak $200 or so. But lets talk Mine That Bird and Giacomo years...both years this angle would work. Issue is, would you be keying those horses on top?

Anyway, I found it interesting. Not sure what value it has.

**Cough** Our boy meets this angle and only one to post 100+ in all.
Correction, 2 horses since 2000 did not meet this angle...MTB did not meet this angle either.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #41
señorclipclop

Quote:
Correction, 2 horses since 2000 did not meet this angle...MTB did not meet this angle either.
Is this lifetime? Exclude sprints?
señorclipclop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #42
Huddy Goodjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by señorclipclop
Is this lifetime? Exclude sprints?
Soooo, it must have been late and I must have been on little sleep because I've now noticed several other winner that would not fit this angle. That's what I get for trying to find a tri angle. Lazy capper.

Last edited by Huddy Goodjob; 04-19-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #43
Andrick

Quote:
Is this just for the final prep, Huddy?

If so, Super Saver is another one that doesn't fit, although he had multiple races where his E2 was 100+ and had a 100 SPD figure in a previous race. But then again, so did Mucho Macho Man who had races where he scored 100+ in E2, LP, and overall SPD earlier in his career.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #44
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Soooo, it must have been late and I must have been on little sleep because I've now noticed several other winner that would not fit this angle. That's what I get for trying to find a tri angle. Lazy capper.

Lol, I do stuff like this too when I'm tired & the next day I go thru everything again & wonder wtf was I looking at the previous day. Doesn't happen often, but its crazy when it does.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #45
minethatbird08

Quote:
I have some of this data (Unfortunately I am not sure if I updated for last years Derby, I will get around to checking into that).

Since 2000 I have 68 starters with a last race E2 and LP below 100. From those 68 you have 5 in the super. As has been stated two of those 5 were winners: SS and MTB with third place going to MMM. Probably interesting fact is that in SS win there were 14 starters with double below 100 last out, field average is around 4 over this time period. This year we are looking at about 10 such starters.

Also, because people will probably ask I have 25 starters with Double over 100 with 6 winners 3 seconds (10 total in the super). Of note here is you actually have 2 exactas. Gun Runner falls into this category this year.

Again I have to double check the info to see if I updated for last year.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply