Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #31
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Of course a 45-1 wins race 8.
That's symptomatic of a terrible track to bet. A parade of 6-5s and an unuseable 45-1 thrown in.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 05:36 PM   #32
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
That's symptomatic of a terrible track to bet. A parade of 6-5s and an unuseable 45-1 thrown in.

this is the worse its been since i can remember.. they really need the grass racing to start up very soon.. at least its made me to start looking to bet other tracks not a bad thing
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #33
Kash$
Veteran

No defending it but some will..only a matter of time.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #34
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I've had a sensational Aqueduct inner track meet so I can't complain. I loved the racing, from a bettor's view point, lots of overlays and longshot winners that figured.
I agree, right now, I'm having a great Aqueduct
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #35
porchy44

Aqueduct the east coast golden gate

I guess that makes the Ortiz brothers (Jose and Irad) the east coast version of Russell Baze.

Anyway I have drawn a line through Aqueduct and and I am substituting them with the large fields of Oaklawn park.

Last edited by porchy44; 04-02-2016 at 08:57 PM.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #36
Valuist

I haven't bet the Inner Dirt meet in 15 years, and from what I hear, there's no reason to start up again.

There's already a track where the good NY barns race: its called Gulfstream Park.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 AM   #37
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This happens almost every year during this "transition" period into the spring.

Once the horse start coming in from Gulfstream and elsewhere, things get better at the big "A"
And every year players complain.

Spring is here and Summer is on it's way.

Florida Derby is behind us.

Lot of quality NY racing ahead.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #38
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44
I guess that makes the Ortiz brothers (Jose and Irad) the east coast version of Russell Baze.

Anyway I have drawn a line through Aqueduct and and I am substituting them with the large fields of Oaklawn park.
What a slap in the face, what did Russell ever do to you???
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 AM   #39
Track Phantom

There is one track worth following right now in the entire US....Oaklawn Park. Full fields, legitimate class levels (not 10k claimers favored in MSW races, etc.) and no 56% trainers winning every race.

Oaklawn product is better than anything going for the last couple of years (exluding KEE, SAR, DMR niche meets).
Old 04-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #40
pandy

I agree about Oaklawn. Saratoga, in particular, although great racing, presents too many crap shoot races where every horse has a chance to win. The best bets are overlays in races where you can narrow down the main contenders to no more than half of the field. There's this fallacy that you can only get longshot winners in wide open races and in large fields, which isn't true. It's all about being selective. Of course, you can find good overlays at Saratoga, it's just that it requires even more patience than at tracks like Aqueduct, Oaklawn, Tampa Bay, where there are many good betting races that are not impossible to handicap.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Through 7 races today average winner payout is $4.31.
That's only half the problem as far as I'm concerned.

Granted, I could very easily be missing some things, but some of the horses that take a ton of money and jog are horses that didn't seem likely to take that much public money. Either the pools are so shark infested there's very little value to be found or there are people with information on the current condition of some of the horses that is not available to the general public (or both). I'm not so sure I want to play in that tough of a game.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #42
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
That's only half the problem as far as I'm concerned.

Granted, I could very easily be missing some things, but some of the horses that take a ton of money and jog are horses that didn't seem likely to take that much public money. Either the pools are so shark infested there's very little value to be found or there are people with information on the current condition of some of the horses that is not available to the general public (or both). I'm not so sure I want to play in that tough of a game.
It's a game of unexplainable form reversals, unexplainable jockey tactics from 'elite' riders at A circuits and huge money that seems to just 'coincidentally' shy away from certain horses who again, just by coincidence, run poorly. It's also a game of judges looking the other way when these form reversals and 'curious rides' happen. Nobody cares and nobody does a thing about it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #43
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
this is the worse its been since i can remember.. they really need the grass racing to start up very soon.. at least its made me to start looking to bet other tracks not a bad thing
The 8th on Wednesday is carded for the Turf. With this crappy weather, it doesn't seem likely that will stick.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #44
RichieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento
There is one track worth following right now in the entire US....Oaklawn Park. Full fields, legitimate class levels (not 10k claimers favored in MSW races, etc.) and no 56% trainers winning every race.

Oaklawn product is better than anything going for the last couple of years (exluding KEE, SAR, DMR niche meets).
I have to agree with you, racing at OP is tremendous!
Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #45
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento

Oaklawn Park also does not allow computer batch betting. This track is very horse player friendly. They treat their customers like gold.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply