Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #46
boys at tosconova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmzR6qlnZY

[YT="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmzR6qlnZY"]KqmzR6qlnZY[/YT]

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-02-2016 at 05:05 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #47
Hoops McCann

I don't care if he doesn't have a chance, I'm pulling for this guy. If for the sole reason that his dam is out of Sunday Silence. I just can't warm up to any other horse in the race. Actually, i like Suddenbreakingnews a little bit .
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #48
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops McCann
I don't care if he doesn't have a chance, I'm pulling for this guy. If for the sole reason that his dam is out of Sunday Silence. I just can't warm up to any other horse in the race. Actually, i like Suddenbreakingnews a little bit .

I asked my 11 year old niece who she likes, she stated SuddenBreakingNews too, lol! You never know, & with how average this years field is, & IMO Nyquist isn't as dominant as others portray him because of his 7 for 7 record, Lani wouldn't shock me either, trends & angles are being broken every year.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #49
PowerUpPaynter

Lani or Oscar Nominated would absolute completely totally shock the crap out of me. Anyone else, meh, i wouldnt be shocked.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #50
Bullet Plane

Well, this is an interesting colt....

Critics of Lani say that no Dubai based colt will win the Derby... (he's not Dubai based, but we'll let that one go)

How about winners who prepped in Venezuela? Cannonero II!!

How about Derby winners who got beat in their prep at Sunland Park? Mine That Bird!!

How about winners with Beyers under 83 in their prep? Mine That Bird ... 81

Were Mine That Bird and Cannonero II flukes?

Then why did they perform so well in the Preakness? Those also flukes?

Every time they raced, it just seemed to be a fluke? They were "Flukers"?

Hell, I don't know if Lani will win the Derby. But it sure is shaping up to be a soft Derby. I don't like anybody in the race. Can they all lose?

The prep winners have low speed figures that remind me of the Derby field during the Mine That Bird shocker.

Just remember that Mine That Bird shocker!!!

I remember accidentally getting my wife a win ticket on MTB. When I gave the ticket to her, she told me that I'd bought the wrong ticket.

I said that I would take it back and get the right ticket. She said, "No, this will be good luck/"

I said, "That horse has zero shot, zero. You might as well flush the ticket down the toilet."

So, I took her ticket back and exchanged it for her.

I haven't heard that last of it yet!

Maybe Nyquist will be the next American Pharoah, but he looks like a potential short priced bust to me.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #51
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
Lani or Oscar Nominated would absolute completely totally shock the crap out of me. Anyone else, meh, i wouldnt be shocked.

I put $30 on Oscar Nominated in a futures at 60-1 because the field is so weak, & the rest went on Gun Runner. Those are my only 2 futures.

I get a headache looking at these horses, & just trying to figure out if I'm wrong about Gun Runner.

Last time I was over thinking after my bets were in was 2009, MTB won, I played Pioneer of the Nile. Still made money, but should have had a $20 exacta box.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #52
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane
Well, this is an interesting colt....

Critics of Lani say that no Dubai based colt will win the Derby... (he's not Dubai based, but we'll let that one go)

How about winners who prepped in Venezuela? Cannonero II!!

How about Derby winners who got beat in their prep at Sunland Park? Mine That Bird!!

How about winners with Beyers under 83 in their prep? Mine That Bird ... 81

Were Mine That Bird and Cannonero II flukes?

Then why did they perform so well in the Preakness? Those also flukes?

Every time they raced, it just seemed to be a fluke? They were "Flukers"?

Hell, I don't know if Lani will win the Derby. But it sure is shaping up to be a soft Derby. I don't like anybody in the race. Can they all lose?

The prep winners have low speed figures that remind me of the Derby field during the Mine That Bird shocker.

Just remember that Mine That Bird shocker!!!

I remember accidentally getting my wife a win ticket on MTB. When I gave the ticket to her, she told me that I'd bought the wrong ticket.

I said that I would take it back and get the right ticket. She said, "No, this will be good luck/"

I said, "That horse has zero shot, zero. You might as well flush the ticket down the toilet."

So, I took her ticket back and exchanged it for her.

I haven't heard that last of it yet!

Maybe Nyquist will be the next American Pharoah, but he looks like a potential short priced bust to me.

Thing is with AP last year, Dortmund & Firing Line were monsters, as were some othere decent horses, this year everyone looks average at best, even the 7 for 7 Nyquist Nyquist l
Old 05-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #53
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Since there isn't that much info on Lani just saw this article.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/stor...erby-wild-card

Quote:
... He yells full-throated, wild-eyed at nearly every passing horse, and Lani, evidently angling for an early stallion career, makes no effort to hide an already-keen eye for fillies. His training sessions have been the source of amusement and amazement. Lani spends far longer out on the track than most American horses, and it often has taken him far longer than American horses to run around Churchill's famed oval. ...

he was kept far away from his foes, heading down the tunnel to the parade ring after the other horses had gone past, hollering all the way down the tunnel. Lani spent little time in the parade ring, going out onto the track to warm up long before the post parade. ...
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2016, 05:03 AM   #54
depalma113

Lani worked 5 furlongs in 1:01, 3rd fastest of 18 and other than shying from something in the stretch, the work was pretty good.

The horse is big. Creator looks like a dwarf standing next to him.

Last edited by depalma113; 05-04-2016 at 05:06 AM.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This horse will be on my tickets.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #56
olddaddy

I will be watching if the yens show up. If they do, Ill be all over it.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #57
ronsmac

It looks like Lani will be this years Mr. Z. He's trying to get that 5th place money in the Preakness.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #58
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
It looks like Lani will be this years Mr. Z. He's trying to get that 5th place money in the Preakness.
why the heck not? He's over here might as well try pimlico
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #59
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
The plan for Lani was to race in all three Triple Crown races.

At least his connections have more balls than half of the American Super Trainers.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #60
sammy the sage

When he gets the drug L...then I'll consider him...otherwise NOT...pissing 20lbs +....is an ADVANTAGE...period...