Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-26-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

"How odd of God to choose the Jews"

The information below is from the website:
http://www.jacksonsnyder.com/arc/2005/odd.htm

It is well worth reading in full because it provides the tidiest narrative of the theological mytho/storyline that monotheists would have us believe and it is EXACTLY THIS STORYLINE that I personally object to as being a fiction. You are free to believe the story if you choose, I do not. I am not here to malign any group or persons. I am just saying that I personally do not believe in this narrative of our existence here on the planet earth....

Part 1 of 4:

That famous couplet was written by British journalist William Norman Ewer (1885-1976). Yet, in the beginning, “God” didn’t exactly choose “the Jews” at all. The word “Jew” is a contraction of “Yahudim,” which means, “those of Yahweh.” The very name of this religious group implies that if there was any choosing to have been done, the Jews chose first and named themselves after Yahweh prior to a time when he might’ve chosen them.

Editor's Note: Read the rest (if you care) at the link above.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-26-2016 at 03:47 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
TJDave

Just what we need...

TWO religious threads.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Just what we need...

TWO religious threads.
Yes, and that is what is really odd about Vigors. He apparently never noticed the one with the title "Religious" and over 500,000 views. How ironic he gets to post what he thinks is "odd". "Wow"! "Amazing"!
Old 03-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
The information below is from the website:
http://www.jacksonsnyder.com/arc/2005/odd.htm

It is well worth reading in full because it provides the tidiest narrative of the theological mytho/storyline that monotheists would have us believe and it is EXACTLY THIS STORYLINE that I personally object to as being a fiction. You are free to believe the story if you choose, I do not. I am not here to malign any group or persons. I am just saying that I personally do not believe in this narrative of our existence here on the planet earth....

Part 1 of 4:

That famous couplet was written by British journalist William Norman Ewer (1885-1976). Yet, in the beginning, “God” didn’t exactly choose “the Jews” at all. The word “Jew” is a contraction of “Yahudim,” which means, “those of Yahweh.” The very name of this religious group implies that if there was any choosing to have been done, the Jews chose first and named themselves after Yahweh prior to a time when he might’ve chosen them.

Editor's Note: Read the rest (if you care) at the link above.
In case you didn't notice when you registered, you are NOT permitted to reproduce the FULL TEXT of any copyrighted material found elsewhere, onto this website (PaceAdvantage.com). Thus I have edited your initial post and deleted the rest.

The website you linked to and reproduced here is indeed copyrighted.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Just what we need...

TWO religious threads.
Seems appropriate. When I started grade school, I learned that there were two religions, the Catholics and the Publics. So one thread for each.

I didn't read anything else here. Is this the Catholic or the Public thread?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
Spiderman

OP was attempting to avoid my royalty origination payment
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Greyfox

Quote:
Just what we need...

TWO religious threads.
I agree.

What is the purpose of this thread except to cause hostility down the road?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #8
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yes, and that is what is really odd about Vigors. He apparently never noticed the one with the title "Religious" and over 500,000 views. How ironic he gets to post what he thinks is "odd". "Wow"! "Amazing"!
Why is that ironic?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I think the more interesting thread would be:

"How odd of Vigors (a self-professed atheist) to be so fascinated with the Jews"

Come on man...tell us what really gets you irked.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
In case you didn't notice when you registered, you are NOT permitted to reproduce the FULL TEXT of any copyrighted material found elsewhere, onto this website (PaceAdvantage.com). Thus I have edited your initial post and deleted the rest.

The website you linked to and reproduced here is indeed copyrighted.
OK sorry about that. I looked to see if there was any copyright prohibition on the webpage itself and did not notice anything there.....Im a follow the rules type person so I'm glad you said and did something to correct my errors...... Did you have a chance to read the piece? I can't imagine how the article could provoke hostility from anyone. I thought it was very interesting indeed. Never before have I seen the monotheistic position articulated so simply and clearly....I found it very interesting that Abram was a Syrian.

As far as making another thread religious, maybe we could have a freethinkers thread where religious posters could be the unwanted stepsons instead of the other way around all the time. Funny, but I feel that the hostility that sometimes finds its way into the religious thread is often aimed at non believers...I feel I have to play the devils advocate all the time when I don't even believe in the devil....just being real.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The copyright notice appears on this page (the home page) of www.jacksonsnyder.com
Old 03-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
Clocker

Quote:
maybe we could have a freethinkers thread where religious posters could be the unwanted stepsons instead of the other way around all the time.
Like a "safe space" for university students who don't want to be offended by politically incorrect ideas?

Perhaps PA could provide emotional counseling there also.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Why is that ironic?
It stated in my paragraph. Get off the Kool Aid, already. It's clouding your mind.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Like a "safe space" for university students who don't want to be offended by politically incorrect ideas?

Perhaps PA could provide emotional counseling there also.

Yeah, did you know in some University (can't recall the name right now but this did happen very recently), students were literally freaking out because someone (perhaps at night) wrote in crayon on the street or whatever something to the affect "Support Trump". The article went on to say that counseling sessions were open to all who felt the need. The poor traumatized babies.

We are truly living in Strange Days.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
I found it very interesting that Abram was a Syrian.
I would be mildly interested to know why you found this interesting.

Or, believable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: