Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #16
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
So, if I don't win this pot tomorrow I can blame Canada?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBpgcZ1zYJs
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #17
no breathalyzer
Veteran

get ready to ship it tomorrow guys
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #18
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
get ready to ship it tomorrow guys
Tomorrows card is made for the Big Boys to take down, all races wide open with huge fields. Even the medium-sized player will be hard-pressed to come up with reasonable tickets using a grid, to corral this chaos of a card. Won't be surprised if this pays 30-40K minimum......
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #19
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Tomorrows card is made for the Big Boys to take down, all races wide open with huge fields. Even the medium-sized player will be hard-pressed to come up with reasonable tickets using a grid, to corral this chaos of a card. Won't be surprised if this pays 30-40K minimum......
I'll take under if you're setting the payout at $40K... These things always pay lower than expected due to all of the coverage people have. Between the solo big players, people who team up for days like this, cartels, big day investors, etc... A lot of tickets are going to have a lot of coverage. Then there will be an absurd amount of tickets from avg players in the $500 range.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #20
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Wish i had about 20K to play this
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 12:07 AM   #21
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
I'll take under if you're setting the payout at $40K... These things always pay lower than expected due to all of the coverage people have. Between the solo big players, people who team up for days like this, cartels, big day investors, etc... A lot of tickets are going to have a lot of coverage. Then there will be an absurd amount of tickets from avg players in the $500 range.
You're too sharp for me, no bet....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 12:13 AM   #22
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
You're too sharp for me, no bet....
We shall see.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:27 AM   #23
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
If it happens at SRU, I'm sure the great Gustini would post about the death, ESPECIALLY if it was a horseplayer nobody had ever heard of.
Gustini told me that he is going to ask for your permission before he posts another death notice on this board.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #24
Vinman

A horse that would be near the top of anyone's list of "who would you single if you had to?" is Sir Dudley Digges in the first leg. Missed by a neck vs these MSW turfers on 2/13 with an 87 BRIS fig. Next best last out fig is 79 by 3 other horses.

This horse is owned by Ken "I bet with both hands" Ramsey, who has been known in the past to ship horses in for the Rainbow 6 finale.

So here's a "devil's advocate" question. Let's say YOU have ridiculously deep pockets for betting and you own this horse....we'll leave Ken out of it. Is there any way you would tell the jock to "stay 3 or 4 wide near the lead the whole trip", knowing that strategy would likely doom the horse's chances? Your "reward" is tons of small bettors get knocked out of a 15 to 20MM pool in the first leg. Somehow I can't see Ken Ramsey of all people "throwing" a race, especially in a situation like this. But the prospect of making a decision that would dramatically inflate the Rainbow 6 payoff is kind of intriguing.

That said, turf racing luck being what it is, if this horse gets beat, it will be no big surprise.

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 09:53 AM   #25
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
A horse that would be near the top of anyone's list of "who would you single if you had to?" is Sir Dudley Digges in the first leg. Missed by a neck vs these MSW turfers on 2/13 with an 87 BRIS fig. Next best last out fig is 79 by 3 other horses.

This horse is owned by Ken "I bet with both hands" Ramsey, who has been known in the past to ship horses in for the Rainbow 6 finale.

So here's a "devil's advocate" question. Let's say YOU have ridiculously deep pockets for betting and you own this horse....we'll leave Ken out of it. Is there any way you would tell the jock to "stay 3 or 4 wide near the lead the whole trip", knowing that strategy would likely doom the horse's chances? Your "reward" is tons of small bettors get knocked out of a 15 to 20MM pool in the first leg. Somehow I can't see Ken Ramsey of all people "throwing" a race, especially in a situation like this. But the prospect of making a decision that would dramatically inflate the Rainbow 6 payoff is kind of intriguing.

That said, turf racing luck being what it is, if this horse gets beat, it will be no big surprise.

Vinman
Obviously Ramsey would never do this. What would $100,000 do for Ramsey if that's what the pick 6 ended up paying? Shit what would $350,000 do for him? Nothing. Also take into consideration that this is the first leg. Most players go deep in the first leg because they want action and don't want to get knocked out. So even if Sir Dudley Digges lost, I don't think it would have as big of an impact that you think.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #26
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

pay the winners

I'm surprised the CEO of SRU Downs forgot to mention the integrity of the $25M pool includes paying the winners, with no B.S. take downs via the steward's inquiry....
Old 03-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #27
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
I'm surprised the CEO of SRU Downs forgot to mention the integrity of the $25M pool includes paying the winners, with no B.S. take downs via the steward's inquiry....

Yep. Today at SRUstream Downs, you can run another horse over the rail and not be DQ'd if you win.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #28
lamboguy

it only cost $418,732.60 to buy it out today so far.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #29
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918

Of course it depends on who wins but you are pretty accurate. If its a form full day it won't be that good. You gotta go off the grid on a couple races then it will be something.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #30
JimmyQ

I think this will pay beautifully today b/c the fields are large and competitive. There isn't one race that has short fields or an even money favorite. The GP racing secretary has had this on his radar for quite some time and it shows.

It won't take but a couple double digit prices to make this a 6 figure score today

JimmyQ
JimmyQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply