Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #46
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Modifier add ...backpedal underway.
Have a nice day Mike. Have no more time to waste on you
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #47
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
DISCLAIMER:

I made a ton off of him losing BUT for anyone who EVER says Irad can ride, watch his brutal early hands/thinking in race 6 today at the spa.

He butchered the highly regarded Chad Brown FTS OISEAU DE GUERRE and as he did it, I knew the horse would come up empty/with less starch at the 1/8 pole or 1/16 pole.

IRAD absolutely sucks and I LOVE IT

For those wondering what did he do wrong. Grab HD, watch him butcher the horse with his hands early as the horse was trying to get position. He overchoked choppily, went wide for no reason and from what was supposed to be a relaxed 1st over stalk to 7th 3 wide. He then wanted to move up at the 3/4 (to regain the position HE decided to NOT GET). Took the starch from the horse and of course, ran out of steam at the 1/16.

He is an embrarrasment to the word great. If anyone uses the word GREAT to describe him, you NEED your head checked.

If Ramon rides this horse, he wins by 10 AND has horse for next time.

Please don't tell me the horse got an education. Unless you want the horse to learn how to be stupid
i am going back to my hole that i came out of! i bet that horse and still can't believe he was a short horse. the horse was in a little trouble on the first turn but i still can't believe he got run down by ITS YOUR NICKEL even though i had the BOBBY ON FLEEK as a good race.

its time to go back to Timonium and the start of Emerald downs for me
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #48
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Have a nice day Mike. Have no more time to waste on you
Have a great day -- I enjoyed your visceral post on Irad that was quickly modified to a somewhat more reasonable position.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #49
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
I'll agree with that. Good for 2016 standards.

All I'm saying is he is not GREAT and when people say he is GREAT, AWESOME, Future HOF etc. His performance sucks compared to those standards.
Yessssssss, I understand, but he is a kid. He will keep getting better and better
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #50
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i am going back to my hole that i came out of! i bet that horse and still can't believe he was a short horse. the horse was in a little trouble on the first turn but i still can't believe he got run down by ITS YOUR NICKEL even though i had the BOBBY ON FLEEK as a good race.

its time to go back to Timonium and the start of Emerald downs for me

SMART MAN
Old 08-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #51
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyberrios
Yessssssss, I understand, but he is a kid. He will keep getting better and better
I hear ya. However, I don't bank on him getting better because he will be older.

That logic makes sense but unfortunately some guys just aren't that intelligent.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:07 PM   #52
the little guy

Irad was riding great the first four to five weeks of the meet. He had a horrendous weekend.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 07:12 PM   #53
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Irad was riding great the first four to five weeks of the meet. He had a horrendous weekend.
That's my point. Right now, Jose is riding very well. Before it was Irad.

I want to ask a question (to everyone, not you TLG).

Did we ever state that Ramon had a bad stretch OR had countless and I mean COUNTLESS BONEHEAD rides?

NEVER.

Great is great all the time or at least 95% of the time. Worst case 90%.

Physical mistakes happen. They are even completely understandable if there is solid strategy behind them.

These guys make mental and physical errors consistently. Inexcuseable.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #54
Broad Brush

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:

I made a ton off of him losing BUT for anyone who EVER says Irad can ride, watch his brutal early hands/thinking in race 6 today at the spa.

He butchered the highly regarded Chad Brown FTS OISEAU DE GUERRE and as he did it, I knew the horse would come up empty/with less starch at the 1/8 pole or 1/16 pole.

IRAD absolutely sucks and I LOVE IT

For those wondering what did he do wrong. Grab HD, watch him butcher the horse with his hands early as the horse was trying to get position. He overchoked choppily, went wide for no reason and from what was supposed to be a relaxed 1st over stalk to 7th 3 wide. He then wanted to move up at the 3/4 (to regain the position HE decided to NOT GET). Took the starch from the horse and of course, ran out of steam at the 1/16.

He is an embrarrasment to the word great. If anyone uses the word GREAT to describe him, you NEED your head checked.

If Ramon rides this horse, he wins by 10 AND has horse for next time.

Please don't tell me the horse got an education. Unless you want the horse to learn how to be stupid
I think the horse was the cause for not winning today.
Irad tried to relax the horse back to not go wide into the first turn.
"Guerre" was having none of it. Then Alvarado made a good move on the 11
to slip inside of him and that sealed his wide trip. This horse lost today
because he would not relax. As far as winning by "10" with Ramon,
horses win Turf races by "10" about once every 8 months.
I thought Ramon was a great jock too, but I lost few bets on some
not so great rides by him too. They {we all} makes mistakes.
Broad Brush is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #55
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Brush
I think the horse was the cause for not winning today.
Irad tried to relax the horse back to not go wide into the first turn.
"Guerre" was having none of it. Then Alvarado made a good move on the 11
to slip inside of him and that sealed his wide trip. This horse lost today
because he would not relax. As far as winning by "10" with Ramon,
horses win Turf races by "10" about once every 8 months.
I thought Ramon was a great jock too, but I lost few bets on some
not so great rides by him too. They {we all} makes mistakes.
So, Irad decides to over rate choppily on a 2 Year Old FTS going 2 turns on grass and you don't see anything wrong with that?

The horse was within 1 length of getting into 2nd, then rate down a bit.

Why rate and choke down like it's the WWE when you're IN A BAD SPOT? Why fight to rate down and keep a terrible position.

Horse had speed, let him use it, then rate.

If he would've let him run early (under a suave tactical hold, not a choppy choke), got into the 1st over spot AND then the horse was rank, I'd say: It's the horses fault.

But not under today's situation.

We agree to disagree. That's why it's horse racing
Old 08-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #56
the little guy

I agree. That horse lost because he wasn't ridden aggressively at the start. If he had gotten his position going forward at the break, he wouldn't have been shuffled back, and then wouldn't have had to make an aggressive premature move.

Tough to lose on a horse that much the best. It was all because of poor early positional riding.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 11:56 PM   #57
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I agree. That horse lost because he wasn't ridden aggressively at the start. If he had gotten his position going forward at the break, he wouldn't have been shuffled back, and then wouldn't have had to make an aggressive premature move.

Tough to lose on a horse that much the best. It was all because of poor early positional riding.
Can you imagine hitting 5/6 and that being your lone loser for a pool scope? Not saying that happened to me. That's not the case.

But those small poor decisions can cost someone 100K.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #58
BMustang

Irad has adopted a Pat Day riding style - Get out, settle, sit a trip, then come running in the stretch. It rarely varies and he is quite good at it.

He and Julien Leparoux have similar styles with Leparoux being more effective on the turf. Its not that they can't and don't win on wire-to-wire types, but they prefer to sit back and then come running late.

Irad tends to make his horse adapt to his style of running, particularly if the horse has not established a running style of his own yet.

As a handicapper these are all things to factor into your decision making process. Normally it works out for both horse and rider, but occasionally it doesn't.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #59
biggestal99

Quote:
Can you imagine hitting 5/6 and that being your lone loser for a pool scope? Not saying that happened to me. That's not the case.

But those small poor decisions can cost someone 100K.
Its like going to a doctor you know has several malpractice suits against them.

If you bet professional jocks you know they will screw up, even the great Ramon had bad rides.

But thats horseracing, I really don't care what jock is on the horse that I am betting or betting against.

But thats just me.

when I bet against an outside horse in a route and the jock takes the horse 4 wide in the first turn, I just smile and pocket the cash. :-)

In fact thats one of my main moves. Horses that are tweeners who have outside posts in routes. If they try for the lead they are doomed, if they take back, they are similarly doomed.

4 wide or held back, its all the same to me. ;-)

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 AM   #60
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang
Irad has adopted a Pat Day riding style - Get out, settle, sit a trip, then come running in the stretch. It rarely varies and he is quite good at it.

He and Julien Leparoux have similar styles with Leparoux being more effective on the turf. Its not that they can't and don't win on wire-to-wire types, but they prefer to sit back and then come running late.

Irad tends to make his horse adapt to his style of running, particularly if the horse has not established a running style of his own yet.

As a handicapper these are all things to factor into your decision making process. Normally it works out for both horse and rider, but occasionally it doesn't.
Absolutely right about his "style". Sharp post.