Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #31
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Building a handicapping method isn't rocket science either--unless you only have one tool in your tool box. It's actually laughable that you would even think you proved something---all you've proven is you are just another ill-equipped, lazy lemming.

If this really is over your head, and you're truly doing the best you can--my apologies. I'm still trying to figure out this game every single day.
Who won the 5th I missed it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #32
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
I know...I had to beat you to it..... ....just kidding, but I'm telling you he's doing something right and so is his agent and its not just how good he can ride. I think some people don't get the building of trust and relationships. They seem to think "talent" is all you need. That's not true with anything in life. I think this kid keeps his nose clean and respects the trade and it shows to standing and future clients. He had some good mounts yesterday at Ark. too. Anyone that thinks they are f@cking around is crazy.
Burnsy... i like ya but .....Whatever you're smoking, I want some of.it.

Did you even watch the inner track meet????
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #33
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
No, but there is a mutual point of respect to the best customers. If his agent and him are tight with their best clients......they will ride some "challenging" mounts for that barn too. If one of his best trainers asks and feels he can get the most out of a race with their best jockey. The jock will at times help them out if he can. Listen to John Hannibal, its called building a good relationship with your best clients. The "brothers" are cleaning house and you are questioning their agents?
Its a conspiracy I tell ya, Irad doesn't want to win as much anymore.... Its not about "firing", its about relationships and not being a jack ass. A little class and respect goes a long way...just read what comes out on here and the people (jockeys) with problems. Then compare their behavior (the Ortiz bros) to some of the jack asses that constantly have problems............Hint.......they are some of the same guys that leave their clients "hanging".....I can almost guarantee that. People on here seem to not think much of them but there's a reason they are getting all these live mounts.....believe me. When they are up here I watch how they interact with the kids and the crowds and how they take winning or losing. I think these are good kids. I don't know why people bust their asses so much.
so true
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #34
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

DISCLAIMER:

I made a ton off of him losing BUT for anyone who EVER says Irad can ride, watch his brutal early hands/thinking in race 6 today at the spa.

He butchered the highly regarded Chad Brown FTS OISEAU DE GUERRE and as he did it, I knew the horse would come up empty/with less starch at the 1/8 pole or 1/16 pole.

IRAD absolutely sucks and I LOVE IT

For those wondering what did he do wrong. Grab HD, watch him butcher the horse with his hands early as the horse was trying to get position. He overchoked choppily, went wide for no reason and from what was supposed to be a relaxed 1st over stalk to 7th 3 wide. He then wanted to move up at the 3/4 (to regain the position HE decided to NOT GET). Took the starch from the horse and of course, ran out of steam at the 1/16.

He is an embrarrasment to the word great. If anyone uses the word GREAT to describe him, you NEED your head checked.

If Ramon rides this horse, he wins by 10 AND has horse for next time.

Please don't tell me the horse got an education. Unless you want the horse to learn how to be stupid
Old 08-28-2016, 04:01 PM   #35
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
DISCLAIMER:

I made a ton off of him losing BUT for anyone who EVER says Irad can ride, watch his brutal early hands/thinking in race 6 today at the spa.

:
Yeah, 200+ wins and $15.5 mm in purse winnings YTD. I suspect he has great stats b/c he has all the great trainers fooled.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #36
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

And Ramon would make mistakes, but he was still great. If you want to see to near-perfection, see Jerry Bailey at his peak.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #37
outofthebox

I've never seen a Chad Brown horse blow a 5 length lead with a furlong to go.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #38
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Yeah, 200+ wins and $15.5 mm in purse winnings YTD. I suspect he has great stats b/c he has all the great trainers fooled.
That's it Mike, ignore the butcher job and quote stats. Way to prove me wrong

With the terrible colony NY has, of course someone will win a series of races. That's what mediocrity causes.

With slot infused purses, ditto.

As far as Ramon, he made 1 error a month. These guys average 1 per hour.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #39
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
I've never seen a Chad Brown horse blow a 5 length lead with a furlong to go.
Chee, I wonder if the 28 second wrestling match between DUMB (rider) and SMARTER (horse of course) had anything to do with that
Old 08-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #40
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:

He butchered the highly regarded Chad Brown FTS OISEAU DE GUERRE and as he did it, I knew the horse would come up empty/with less starch at the 1/8 pole or 1/16 pole.

For those wondering what did he do wrong. Grab HD, watch him butcher the horse with his hands early as the horse was trying to get position. He overchoked choppily, went wide for no reason and from what was supposed to be a relaxed 1st over stalk to 7th 3 wide. He then wanted to move up at the 3/4 (to regain the position HE decided to NOT GET). Took the starch from the horse and of course, ran out of steam at the 1/16.

He is an embrarrasment to the word great. If anyone uses the word GREAT to describe him, you NEED your head checked.

If Ramon rides this horse, he wins by 10 AND has horse for next time.

Please don't tell me the horse got an education. Unless you want the horse to learn how to be stupid
I respect your posts, but, this ,I dont agree with, Irad Ortiz is a good Jockey

Last edited by mannyberrios; 08-28-2016 at 04:10 PM.
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #41
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
That's it Mike, ignore the butcher job and quote stats. Way to prove me wrong

With the terrible colony NY has, of course someone will win a series of races. That's what mediocrity causes.

With slot infused purses, ditto.

As far as Ramon, he made 1 error a month. These guys average 1 per hour.
Ramon made more than 1 mistake/month. That was Bailey. Irad doesn't "suck." You post crap all the time, just like your old pal SRU.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #42
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyberrios
I respect your posts, but, this is done not agree with, Irad Ortiz is a good Jockey
I'll agree with that. Good for 2016 standards.

All I'm saying is he is not GREAT and when people say he is GREAT, AWESOME, Future HOF etc. His performance sucks compared to those standards.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #43
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Ramon made more than 1 mistake/month. That was Bailey. Irad doesn't "suck." You post crap all the time, just like your old pal SRU.
If crap is video proof, then call me crap all day pal.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #44
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
I'll agree with that. Good for 2016 standards.

All I'm saying is he is not GREAT and when people say he is GREAT, AWESOME, Future HOF etc. His performance sucks compared to those standards.
Modifier added ...backpedal underway.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 08-28-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #45
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
If crap is video proof, then call me crap all day pal.
That was ONE race. Keep backpedaling.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: