Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #61
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I really can't believe you had to make a 2nd post to explain it further.
Thanks for sympathizing ultracapper.

BTW, speaking of jocks not riding to their chances, Emerald 2015 was the worst in terms of jockeys not riding like they should.

Do you happen to know if Julien Coupon is coming back in 2016? Or was his flee from Cali a temporary one because of what happened with his domestic abuse case?

Once he came to town, the games increased 10 fold. I want him out of EMD.

Who starts rating everything on a track that has 21 43 107's every frieken race card?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #62
Dahoss9698
Veteran

It should probably be noted Caton Bredar's husband is a jock agent. He represents Florent Geroux. I imagine Geroux and Leparoux are pretty friendly.

She like most other people in the industry is towing the company line.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 AM   #63
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Someone, somewhere might believe this, but by now most have you figured out.

As someone who has been ostracized from the industry maybe you should have taken your own advice? What do you think?
Incredible post. Instead of the guy thanking you for your honest and great advice, he added you to an esteemed list of posters he will continue to 'ignore'. You're #5 apparently. Congrats and welcome to the club!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #64
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Incredible post. Instead of the guy thanking you for your honest and great advice, he added you to an esteemed list of posters he will continue to 'ignore'. You're #5 apparently. Congrats and welcome to the club!
We should get shirts made up.

"The biggest joke in racing blocked me on Pace Advantage"
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #65
classhandicapper

I'm not sure why gamblers are so anxious to ensure that every rider and every other every gambler knows there is/was a bias and adjusts their thinking to be more in line with actual conditions. I want to be in a position to toss some short priced horse because I know the rider will stay on the rail and then back the horse the next time out. I try to keep mental notes on which riders are especially good at picking up on biases quickly and adjusting their rides. I think (or hope) that gives me an edge. We all have different jobs to do to the best of our ability, but from my perspective as a gambler, the less my competitors (and a few of the riders) know the better.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #66
johnhannibalsmith

I'm going to guess that in this case it's because he's a paid analyst.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #67
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I'm going to guess that in this case it's because he's a paid analyst.
Right. Andy and other paid analysts or public handicappers are going to do the job they are paid to do to the best of their ability as they see it. However, when I have some horse or value oriented angle, it doesn't help me or anyone else that put in the work when someone shares that info with everyone else. So I'd rather they weren't so good at their jobs rather than hope they do it even more.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 02-25-2016 at 10:17 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #68
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Thanks for sympathizing ultracapper.

BTW, speaking of jocks not riding to their chances, Emerald 2015 was the worst in terms of jockeys not riding like they should.

Do you happen to know if Julien Coupon is coming back in 2016? Or was his flee from Cali a temporary one because of what happened with his domestic abuse case?

Once he came to town, the games increased 10 fold. I want him out of EMD.

Who starts rating everything on a track that has 21 43 107's every frieken race card?
I don't know what his business was like in Nocal, but he could have a mount in every race at EMD if he wanted. Of course, the local media writes about 3 articles a year on Emerald Downs, so you won't learn anything that way. If I want to learn something, I go to the local OTB (the largest in the state) and talk to the guys up there. There are a number of owners and other in-the-know folks in there day after day. Next time I go in, I'll remember to ask around. Matter of fact, I have one of them running by the house in about 40 minutes now that I think of it. I'll see what he knows.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #69
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:

It was a SUPERFECTA OF IGNORE.. It's now a QUINTINELLA.. or HI-FIVE maybe?

Welcome to the club, Dahoss
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2016, 12:48 AM   #70
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I don't know what his business was like in Nocal, but he could have a mount in every race at EMD if he wanted. Of course, the local media writes about 3 articles a year on Emerald Downs, so you won't learn anything that way. If I want to learn something, I go to the local OTB (the largest in the state) and talk to the guys up there. There are a number of owners and other in-the-know folks in there day after day. Next time I go in, I'll remember to ask around. Matter of fact, I have one of them running by the house in about 40 minutes now that I think of it. I'll see what he knows.
I appreciate it Ultracapper. Yes, please let me know. Be well.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:49 AM   #71
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
It was a SUPERFECTA OF IGNORE.. It's now a QUINTINELLA.. or HI-FIVE maybe?

Welcome to the club, Dahoss
Oh paleeze. We all know he does actually read all 5 "ignored" poster's posts. He sometime responds to them. (without someone else quoting the "ignored" poster's post)
Old 02-26-2016, 02:00 AM   #72
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
We should get shirts made up.

"The biggest joke in racing blocked me on Pace Advantage"
I love the T shirt idea!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #73
the little guy

Capital Letters, the infamous dead rail horse, made his first start since all the hubbub today. He won by four plus lengths and paid $7.80.

Shocking.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #74
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Capital Letters, the infamous dead rail horse, made his first start since all the hubbub today. He won by four plus lengths and paid $7.80.

Shocking.
Vindication .....
Old 04-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #75
thespaah

Quote:
I just bet a 5 horse field at GP and had a tri with the 6 horse to be 3rd, but the guy rode like was 8-5 and not 16-1. Did he not realize he was on a horse who was by far the longest shot in the race? What would have been so bad to relax in the back of the pack, make one move and try and win that way?
The trainer knew you bet on his horse. So he told the jock to screw the horse to make you lose......
Now, in case you did not recognize that as an absurdity, it is. I used it to make a point.
Look, you are making wagers. A wager is a speculation on future results based on past performances. it is NOT an exact science. And of course a significant amount of risk is involved.
I am not lecturing here. i am trying to point out the waste of time in posting these threads which appear to be out of frustration with losing bets.
No one likes when they lose a bet. We get real pissed when we perceive a less than stellar performance that caused us to lose the bet(s).
Most of of accept these things. And I know this because we keep going back to bet more.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply