Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #16
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
I understand the past, but as it is Songbird is too talented to not give a Derby shot. She is going to go unchallenged as long as they run her against fillies.

She could for example win the San Felipe easily and probably qualify.
If she continues to crush fillies on the west coast hopefully they will put her up against the boys, or at the very least take her to New York to run against older fillies and mares. I just do not want to see another Zenyatta scripture where she is sheltered and stays out west.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:59 PM   #17
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Songbird Beyer 87..

an 87? jeez... Beyers just keep mattering less and less to me. Past year feel like they have been incosistant.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #18
bks

Owner is on record that he won't run against the boys this spring. Hope he changes his mind. She's a monster.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 01:25 AM   #19
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
I understand the past, but as it is Songbird is too talented to not give a Derby shot. She is going to go unchallenged as long as they run her against fillies.

She could for example win the San Felipe easily and probably qualify.

I hope so, on 9/26 I put $10 on Songbird and Nyquist in the Derby for $1500 and $280 after their impressive CA races.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #20
classhandicapper

She was visually very impressive but that was about as easy a spot as you are going to find. I'm not sure I know more about her now than I did last year. If she was mine I'd watch the male preps and make a judgement from there.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #21
ebcorde
Veteran

yeah

she's the new Royal Delta.

But what I was impressed with was Hoppertunity I got a hunch the Horse found a Jockey he likes to go to war with.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #22
Donttellmeshowme#2
Apprentice

Very easy spot yesterday. Interesting to see what the connections decide to do later on.
Donttellmeshowme#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #23
Ghostzapper04

Rick Porter said after the race on TVG that she'll be pointed to the SA Oaks.

I need to see more from her as a 3yo to believe that she's a Derby contender. That field was a croc.
Ghostzapper04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #24
f2tornado

That's my opinion with Smokey Image as well. It's easy to look good against turtles. I do think Songbird is for real but there are a couple up and coming fillies out east that could be up to the challenge.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
she's the new Royal Delta.

But what I was impressed with was Hoppertunity I got a hunch the Horse found a Jockey he likes to go to war with.
He beat Imperative with a lucky bob and you were impressed?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #26
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
an 87? jeez... Beyers just keep mattering less and less to me. Past year feel like they have been incosistant.

Need not worry Beyer will adjust midweek...Then he will go on Steve Byk and explain the adjustment.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #27
Grits

I didn't see her race, I figured she got a 145 the way the masses were speaking on FB, still an hour after the run. (Gentlemen, this is why I don't talk to these people...they're limited.)

One even wrote in ALL CAPS----I'm going to be VERY ANGRY if Songbird's connections don't give her the opportunity to start in the Derby, and if she wins, to go on for the Triple Crown bid.

To say the least, this one was really special.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #28
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
If she continues to crush fillies on the west coast hopefully they will put her up against the boys, or at the very least take her to New York to run against older fillies and mares. I just do not want to see another Zenyatta scripture where she is sheltered and stays out west.
You mean another Rachel Alexandra scripture where she is sheltered and stays back east.

Zenyatta ran at Oaklawn and Churchill. While she was sheltered, she wasn't the poster child of sheltering. Her inferior New York rival was.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 09:19 PM   #29
andtheyreoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
You mean another Rachel Alexandra scripture where she is sheltered and stays back east.

Zenyatta ran at Oaklawn and Churchill. While she was sheltered, she wasn't the poster child of sheltering. Her inferior New York rival was.
Running against male horses three times in one year, including older males once, is being sheltered? News to me.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:18 PM   #30
f2tornado

I know Beyer is far from the be all end all but Rachel posted the highest BSF of any North American horse in 2009. On that metric, every other horse that year was inferior. Sheltered isn't paying $100k to get supplemented in the Preakness. She was great, Zen was great.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply