Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 01-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
f2tornado

Holy Bull

There is a relatively short field for the 2016 edition of the G2 stakes. Mohaymen looks to be the one to beat and a win here will likely propel this one as the clear betting favorite in next month's Derby Future Wager 2. There is simply very little to dislike about this Tapit colt. Should this one falter then the Bernardini colt Greenpointcrusader should be on the improve. The other Tapit, Conquest Big E is improving a little each race. Getting Mike Smith is always a plus. Perhaps Fellowship could hit the board if one of the above have an off day otherwise the remainder are field filler.

My bet: Mohaymen/Greenpoint, Conquest trifecta and will probably have to bet it big to get any decent money out of the deal.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
PowerUpPaynter

What you think he will be pool 2 if he wins this one? 7-1? If that drives Nyquist north of 10-1 then Nyquist is worth $100 bet
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
f2tornado

Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
What you think he will be pool 2 if he wins this one? 7-1? If that drives Nyquist north of 10-1 then Nyquist is worth $100 bet
That would be a good estimate on both. I'm not as impressed with Nyquist but that's why we wager.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
That would be a good estimate on both. I'm not as impressed with Nyquist but that's why we wager.

Im not the biggest Nyquist fan but for futures pools i always like to have futures tickets north of 10-1 on horses that are less then 10-1 on derby day
Old 01-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
classhandicapper

If I play I'll be tempted to try to beat Greenpointcrusader for 2nd. On my ratings the Champagne was pretty weak from a qualitative perspective, the track was off that day (which may have favored him), and the winning margins were kind of exaggerated all day.

In the Juvenile, he barely beat Conquest Big E even though the latter was close to what I rated as a "+" pace while 2 to 3 wide for most of the trip (GPC was very wide on turn 2).

I think there's a reasonable Conquest Big E gets the lead in a moderate pace with Mohayem stalking him (or vice versa) and they could go around the track together. I like those boxed with the favorite heavier on top. Not sure there's much of a chance to get value out of that ticket by post time though because it's not like GPC is terrible.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
Kash$
Veteran

Mohaymen .........is more sizzle then steak...Not buying his stock quite yet.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
letswastemoney

The horse Mohaymen was beating up on in New York, Flexibility, won the Jerome easily. I think Mohaymen's hype is justified, although it doesn't mean I'd be excited to bet him.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #8
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
The horse Mohaymen was beating up on in New York, Flexibility, won the Jerome easily. I think Mohaymen's hype is justified, although it doesn't mean I'd be excited to bet him.

I do question how good Flexibility is... looks like another just horrible new york crop
Old 01-30-2016, 12:11 AM   #9
Parson

I think it is a whiskey sipping race, that means just sit sip a bit and watch. If someone put a gun to my head and made me wager, I just don't see anyone getting past the . Kiaran has the Tapit colt working well since the calander turned over and made all of these 3 yr olds. It is also hard to disregard the blow out on 1/21.
These colts can improve almost over night at this time of the year. If any of them make a significant move forward, it just might open the door for a price horse. I look for the -Fellowship to make that move forward. It might not be enough to get there against the -Mohaymen.

All that being said, if i had to, which I won't , I play a tri with the 2 key 3,4,6 with a small w/p bet on the 3
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Flexibility off the board at 1/2 you can have Mohaymen
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #11
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Flexibility off the board at 1/2 you can have Mohaymen

never trust a gray horse
Old 01-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

MOY is tough from what I remember.

In the 9th race the 1m msw... - the 5 could be tough as a 2nd choice or so. I think he can beat the 10. That matchup comes down to whether the 5 has any health issues and is physically capable of making a strong lead change for the stretch today. He certainly is strong on the turns.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
MOY is tough from what I remember.

In the 9th race the 1m msw... - the 5 could be tough as a 2nd choice or so. I think he can beat the 10. That matchup comes down to whether the 5 has any health issues and is physically capable of making a strong lead change for the stretch today. He certainly is strong on the turns.
5 is sitting @ 6-1 very early. IF the 'public' can see what I see, then it is a very bad sign for the 5.
Or if the public can't see what I see, he's a huge overlay and the odds are a function of ignorance rather than information.

The 10 Mo Power is pumped up and fundamentally sound, he just didn't strike me as a stakes quality horse.
The 5 Dixie Runner has the questions that I mentioned regarding soundness and ability to change leads. I will say that if 5 makes a strong change of leads upon entering the stretch that I will be surprised if he is not 1st or 2nd.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

faltered in the stretch. He did change leads even if it was weak.

I was wrong.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
faltered in the stretch. He did change leads even if it was weak.

I was wrong.
Taking on Pletcher at Gulfstream is like walking a mine field in clown shoes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply