Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 01-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
deelo

Racing Results data

Anyone know where I can easily see fractional times for races listed in a more row by row format? I'm putting them into a spreadsheet for something and right now I'm accessing each race chart individually, it's taking too much time.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #2
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelo
Anyone know where I can easily see fractional times for races listed in a more row by row format? I'm putting them into a spreadsheet for something and right now I'm accessing each race chart individually, it's taking too much time.
Is this something you are trying to automate or are you just looking to manually enter into a spreadsheet and just are looking for something visually easier to read?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
deelo

Right now just need something easier to read through and manually enter. If it ends up yielding what i want it to, i'll consider spending the money for text charts to automate it.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Right now just need something easier to read through and manually enter. If it ends up yielding what i want it to, i'll consider spending the money for text charts to automate it.
There are really only two options, comma delimited files (which cost money) and PDF charts which don't.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #5
deelo

Thanks, found em...pdf charts at drf. This should make it a little easier for now.

If I bought the comma-delimited files, do i need to write a program that pulls the values i want or is this somewhat easy to do into excel. I don't have much programming experience.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Fox

Quote:
Thanks, found em...pdf charts at drf. This should make it a little easier for now.

If I bought the comma-delimited files, do i need to write a program that pulls the values i want or is this somewhat easy to do into excel. I don't have much programming experience.
If you just want date, track, race and fractional times of the race, your best bet would be to use brisnet instant results. You can copy and paste the page into an excel sheet and it would be pretty simple to create an excel macro to extract that info and make it nice and neat.

You said your programming experience is not much, but writing vba macros is a pretty easy and can save a lot time for stuff like this. It's pretty fun too.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #7
deelo

Nice, appreciate the tips. Will give that a look.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #8
jasperson

Quote:
I don't have anything to extract times, but I wrote a program to extract the payoffs from bris flash results. I used it to put the payoffs into my data base and would give it to anyone who could use it
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM   #9
UltimateBetter

Info

Can you pm your email
UltimateBetter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply