Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2016, 04:50 AM   #1
RacingFan1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 680
Rep Power: 5 RacingFan1992 is on a distinguished road
Zenyatta bred to Big Brown?

I went on the website Pedigreequery.com and it says Zenyatta was bred to Big Brown and resulted in a colt in 2015. Is this true? I knew she had a filly by War Front who passed in an accident. Must be an error.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/zenyatta+i
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
outofthebox
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 609
Rep Power: 8 outofthebox will become famous soon enough
Interesting choice..Both her other foals are working steadily but slow 5/8 at Santa Anita every week. Cozmic One (Bernardini) and Ziconic (Tapit).
outofthebox is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
Fager Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,768
Rep Power: 14 Fager Fan has a spectacular aura aboutFager Fan has a spectacular aura about
Not a chance. I'm pretty sure she wasn't bred that year.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 649
Rep Power: 3 azeri98 is on a distinguished road
The War Front foal died and she was bred back to War Front, not Big Brown.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
iwearpurple
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,219
Rep Power: 11 iwearpurple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992
I went on the website Pedigreequery.com and it says Zenyatta was bred to Big Brown and resulted in a colt in 2015. Is this true? I knew she had a filly by War Front who passed in an accident. Must be an error.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/zenyatta+i
Anybody can put a horse on that website and to the best of my knowledge it isn't checked for accuracy. I am guessing this will be removed shortly.

Last edited by iwearpurple; 01-11-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
iwearpurple is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
Tall One
Scum Bum!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,889
Rep Power: 7 Tall One is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
The War Front foal died and she was bred back to War Front, not Big Brown.

You and FF are both correct. After the tragedy with her foal, they held her out of the shed for a year.
Tall One is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #7
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 13,774
Rep Power: 28 classhandicapper will become famous soon enoughclasshandicapper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
You and FF are both correct. After the tragedy with her foal, they held her out of the shed for a year.
The other 2 are working regularly but not running. I get the impression that Ziconic is more talented than Cozmic One.
__________________
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." Fast Eddie Felson
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
chenoa
Registered User
 
chenoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 354
Rep Power: 4 chenoa is on a distinguished road
Cozmic One has been a bust thus far.
__________________
Keepin' the game alive!!!
chenoa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2016, 12:18 AM   #9
caper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 54
Rep Power: 3 caper is on a distinguished road
Just a question are the stallions that produce best at a mile/ mile and a quarter range the same stallions that produce best in the 5 to 6 furlong range? Or are there better sires for different distances?

Would it ever be considered to breed a mare like Zenyatta to a stallion that excels in the 5 to 6 furlong range (if there are those types).
caper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #10
Tall One
Scum Bum!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,889
Rep Power: 7 Tall One is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Just a question are the stallions that produce best at a mile/ mile and a quarter range the same stallions that produce best in the 5 to 6 furlong range? Or are there better sires for different distances?

Would it ever be considered to breed a mare like Zenyatta to a stallion that excels in the 5 to 6 furlong range (if there are those types).

$.02:

-Stallions who are known for throwing distance, can also be effective passing on sprinter speed, and vice versa. I mean, it can vary, but you really don't know until you get them to the track...

-I'm sure it could be considered, but if I'm breeding to Zenyatta, I'd have 9-12 furlongs in mind; not just 6.
Tall One is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2016, 10:06 AM   #11
Fager Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,768
Rep Power: 14 Fager Fan has a spectacular aura aboutFager Fan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
$.02:

-Stallions who are known for throwing distance, can also be effective passing on sprinter speed, and vice versa. I mean, it can vary, but you really don't know until you get them to the track...

-I'm sure it could be considered, but if I'm breeding to Zenyatta, I'd have 9-12 furlongs in mind; not just 6.
Sure, but you'd want to breed her to a stallion who often imparts speed like Tapit.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #12
Tall One
Scum Bum!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,889
Rep Power: 7 Tall One is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Sure, but you'd want to breed her to a stallion who often imparts speed like Tapit.
This is very true. You want that balance of speed and stamina.

Last edited by Tall One; 01-12-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Tall One is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #13
Grits
Registered User
 
Grits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,528
Rep Power: 21 Grits has a spectacular aura aboutGrits has a spectacular aura aboutGrits has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The other 2 are working regularly but not running. I get the impression that Ziconic is more talented than Cozmic One.
Class, not only are you knowledgeable, but you are, also, too kind.... You are one of the most loyal souls ever. This is true especially of Zenyatta.

All I could think of?

Rachel's throwing Runners.

Z's throwing Radiators. (For all they've shown.)
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 02:36 AM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Rep Power: 0 Stillriledup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
Interesting choice..Both her other foals are working steadily but slow 5/8 at Santa Anita every week. Cozmic One (Bernardini) and Ziconic (Tapit).
Ziconic racing Friday at SA in the 4th.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 03:55 AM   #15
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,680
Rep Power: 7 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enoughVigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Ziconic racing Friday at SA in the 4th.
is the dominant stallion the best horse to breed for racing purposes...if you put 5 stallions in a field with zenyata, what would happen? or any mare for that matter?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What post time odds would you require to bet on Justify in the Belmont?
1/1 or even lower - 16.98%
9 Votes
2/1 - 37.74%
20 Votes
3/1 - 16.98%
9 Votes
4/1 - 15.09%
8 Votes
5/1 - 3.77%
2 Votes
6/1 or higher - 9.43%
5 Votes
Total Votes: 53
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.