Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #16
ultracapper

2nd at SA

A field with reasonable speed that flattens out every time. I'm going with #1 Itsgettinhotinhere. He made the same move he always makes on the far turn in his comebacker, then flattened out, which you can't blame him after 10 months out of the races. Got into a training routing, and I think Belvoir must have just seen that sprint at LosAl carded, and used it to get his horse on the dirt in the afternoon on a day he would have been scheduled to work out on anyhow. Then went right back to the workouts. He needs a set up, but if anyone in SoCal can get one over the top, it's Bejarano. Look for the field to stumble and bumble down the home stretch, and we'll see if Belvoir can over come that 1 for 69 MSW record he has going. Strangest anomoly I've seen in a trainer's stat line in awhile. He's obviously got an issue.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
azeri98

I had his horse the in the 8th race at 7-1 I thought he was sitting on a good race I posted in the horses to watch section, I wish I saw your post earlier.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #18
The Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
1st at SA

If anybody can wire this race, it's #4 Mr. Count On Me. He's simply the fastest horse for 100 to 125 yards. Hopefully he uses the speed early and never looks back. Clear in the first 100 yards, relax, 22 flat, 45 flat and they'll never catch him. Heck of a workout Dec18.
Impressive call!!!
The Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #19
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
I had his horse the in the 8th race at 7-1 I thought he was sitting on a good race I posted in the horses to watch section, I wish I saw your post earlier.
Xerxes was the only horse capable of running sub 45.2 in that field, and he's capable of going a couple clicks faster than that. I just couldn't trust him at 6 furlongs, and the #5 almost proved me right.

Very good call azeri98.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #20
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaniard
Impressive call!!!
Thank you. Have to find another like it before I post another one like the one I posted yesterday. Gross.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #21
The Spaniard

Race 8: The San Gabriel Stakes:

CHIROPRACTOR has a high class turf pedigree, by turf champion Kitten's Joy, out of a sixter of turf champion Possibly Perfect. CHIROPRACTOR himself is a sibling of versatile multiple grade 1 winner Coil (Haskell, California Sprint Championship...etc).

Over what looks like his perfect distance and pace set up, CHIROPRACTOR could be a late bloomer with his best races yet to come.

His last workout says he's doing better than before his Hollywood Derby victory

1.02H > 1.02.1H > 1.00H
Old 01-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #22
The Spaniard

SANTA ANITA RACE 5:

LITTLE TREASURE: won very easy with a classy, long turn of foot. This is a weak field for the class, and she's training like ready to fire off the bench. Showed the needed early speed in Ireland. The only doubt is the move from 6f to routing. Dangerous at decent odds.

NP

too fresh...

Last edited by The Spaniard; 01-02-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #23
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaniard
SANTA ANITA RACE 5:

LITTLE TREASURE: won very easy with a classy, long turn of foot. This is a weak field for the class, and she's training like ready to fire off the bench. Showed the needed early speed in Ireland. The only doubt is the move from 6f to routing. Dangerous at decent odds.

NP

too fresh...
Far from dead on the board.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #24
ultracapper

6th race

#3 Vegas Bound

There isn't much committed speed in this race, and this one should be able to coast with whomever decides to attend the pace. She has as much speed as any of these once they hit the 3/8ths pole, and she has a real chance to shake loose from there. #9 Winninginfashion very well could commit to the engine, and she can cut some fast fractions, but she just raced 6 days ago, and now stretching out another 1/16 could make her vulnerable in the lane. Vegas Bound has been very game in the lane when she's in the fight, and she should be prominent deep in the stretch.

6MTP 8-1
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #25
ultracapper

Prominent-yes, win-no.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #26
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
6th race

#3 Vegas Bound

There isn't much committed speed in this race, and this one should be able to coast with whomever decides to attend the pace. She has as much speed as any of these once they hit the 3/8ths pole, and she has a real chance to shake loose from there. #9 Winninginfashion very well could commit to the engine, and she can cut some fast fractions, but she just raced 6 days ago, and now stretching out another 1/16 could make her vulnerable in the lane. Vegas Bound has been very game in the lane when she's in the fight, and she should be prominent deep in the stretch.

6MTP 8-1
Almost, I thought you had that one, you read the race perfect she just couldn't hold on, tough beat.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #27
ultracapper

Bayonet, the ultimate winner, surprised me. I didn't think she could run around the far turn as fast as she did. She got herself into the race, which made it that much more difficult. If VB could have been H2H with just Amberella, she may have been able to tough it out, but Amberella felt Bayonet coming up her outside in deep stretch, and Bayonet kind of drug her along the last 50 yards to the wire.

That was one of those, "sometime you win, sometimes you lose". Things tend to even out around the wire. I'll be on the right one next time.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #28
ultracapper

5th at SA

How often do you see the lowest high lifetime Beyer in a field of 8 established runners go off as the favorite? If the odds stay as they are in the 5th today, that's what will happen. #7 Sayitright Kat has a 55 for her highest lifetime Beyer. Every other runner in this race has run faster than that at some time.

#6 Flowinwiththebreez has plenty of speed to stay in the mix in a race that won't be blazing fast, but may be crowded up front anyhow. She has a way of passing a horse, and getting by it quickly. That will come in handy here. In a race that sets up like this one, you want your selection to put them away for good. This race sets up well for her.

3MP 5-1
Old 01-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #29
ultracapper

#7 Sayitright Kat went off as the 3-1 2nd choice and finished off the board. Good job Mr. Beyer.

#6 Flowinwiththebreez $8.00P

TBaze snuck up the rail like he does and got the win on a 9-1 Gutierrez.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #30
azeri98

You're getting close UC